Another Celebrity Sanober to come on DYND

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 18 years ago
Daily soaps means slavery!'

Soon be seen in 'Deal Ya No Deal' as a celebrity participant, actress-cum-singer Sanober Kabir speaks to SHOWBUZZ NETWORK about herself..

Sanober Kabir was last seen in Kalpana Lajmi's 'Kyon' and has done three television shows 'Tum Bin Jau Kaha' for Zee TV, produced by Aruna Irani in which she played Durga opposite Vikas Bhalla in Arzoo Hai Tu and - Karishma-The Miracle of Destiny for Sahara one produced by Akashdeep in which she played Ria- opposite Jugal Hansraj.  She has done more than 200 live shows as a singer-cum-performer during the last two years (in India and abroad).
The remix of the song 'Bairi Ke Bair' from the film 'Anokhi Raat' from the album " The Return of Kaanta mix on T-series was an instant hit.   The remix song 'Kaan Mein Jumka, Chal Mein Thumka' from the film 'Saawan Badho' from the album 'Bomshell Babe' on T-series was also one of the most talked-about chartbusters.

How did you decide to enter the glam world?
My father N S Kabir was secretary to Sharmila Tagore for 10 years and made two films 'Tyag' and 'Badnam Farishtey' with Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore. My mother Sabiha used to design clothes for many actresses including Sharmila Tagore, Padmini Kohlapure, Sridevi, Madhuri, Meenakshi Sheshadri and Tabu. She introduced
my cousin, Sonam to the industry and managed her work as well.

When did you start with television?
I have been offered television shows since long. Television has become big in the last two years. It ensures regular work for actors. I do live shows abroad and have realised that television actors are as popular as film stars. Television gives you instant recognition. I got an author-backed role of Durga in Aruna Irani Productions. It was on my terms and conditions so I took up the offer.

One doesn't see you in Saas Bahu serials! Any particular reason? 
I do watch them once in a while.  Like most people, I don't think they are regressive. We Indians are sentimental by nature and like everything with happy endings and emotional content. People complain that saas-bahu soaps are unending but abroad the show can even run non-stop for twelve years.  Now the trend of reality shows is picking up and people like variety.

Are you open to doing a daily soap now?
Daily soaps mean slavery. It's like being a bonded labourer for an entire month and you are left with no time for yourself. I am open only to cameos or episodes in shows. I am travelling at least fifteen to twenty days a month for my live shows. I have done more than 200 shows.

Are you a trained dancer?
I started learning dance at the age of five. I have learnt classical for twelve years under Gopi Kishan and also took lessons from Jayanti Mala (Sitara Devi's daughter). In western dancing, I took lessons from Shiamak Davar, Terrence Lewis and Jojo Khan.

Would you have loved to be a part of 'Naach Baliye'?
It's the only program I watch on a Hindi channel. My personal favourites are Sachin and Supriya but I was shocked when Varun Badola and Rajeswari Sachdev were voted out in the show.

How is the experience of participating in 'Deal Ya no Deal'?
It was fun. We were twenty celebrities in all. We had decided in advance that whoever won would share the amount among the twenty of us. Madhavan as an anchor was very sweet and professional. His grand father died on the day the episode was to be shot. He came to shoot because it would have been difficult to get twenty of us together again.

Who's your favourite singer?
Sonu Nigam. He sings like a dream. Every song that he sings makes me feel as if he has sung it for me. I am a screaming fan of his.

What's the best thing about the television industry?
It has given great opportunities to actors, comedians and technicians who were written off by the film industry. It has provided employment to a large number of people. The television industry is growing. Above that, it is a clean industry.

What do you enjoy more, singing or acting?
It's like asking which eye is better left or right! (Laughs)

What about film offers?
I get film offers every second day. But I don't want to do sleazy films or films with no substance. I would prefer waiting for the right roles and continue with television till then.

Who is the sexiest man in Bollywood, according to you?
Shahrukh Khan. I like him for his romantic image. No matter who he is paired with, he
looks at her like she's the only woman.

Edited by priya.nair - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I haven't seen this TV star in any serial, except the ones that she did come on, I didn't watch them. Anyway, Madhavan still came on the show on a sad day! Thanks Priya for the article.
lilmonix4 thumbnail
yea i havent seen her either...idk who she is
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
yeah i agree belle that its was nice for maddy to come.
.iqbal thumbnail
havent seen her.
thnx for the article dear. 😃
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks so much for the article...nice to know a little more about a girl that i have always watched on tv and in songs..thanks again 😊