Mahesh Babu not comfortable with Tamil actors?

ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Mahesh Babu

Shankar's upcoming venture of a remake on 3 Idiots seems to be wrapped in controversies endlessly. Everyone wants to comment on it. After all we never expected him to do a remake of Aamir Khan movie after raising the bar with Endhiran.

It has been reported that Vijay and Mahesh Babu will play Aamir Khans's role in the Tamil and Telugu versions of the movie

Ileana is supposed to play the heroine for both the films.

Lately, Telugu hero Mahesh Babu came forward and displayed his disappointment at the choice of Tamil actors(Jeeva and Vinay Rai) in the Telugu remake of the movie.

The fact that the majority of the cast belong to the Tamil industry is a cause of worry for him as he thinks his role is one amongst the lead characters and having surrounded by Tamil artists he may lose his fans interest.

"Don't you think its time we stop dividing actors based on their regional roots and appreciate them for their contribution towards art?

How can someone expect a change in the mindsets of upcoming actors when their role models themselves hesitate to act amongst their fellow Indians?"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

x.sunayna.x thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well Im a fan, but i do think it's kinda sad that he feels uncomfortable working with Tamil actors. You can justify not liking certain people, but to categorise a group is kind of harsh.. and i don't think its possible for him to lose fan interest :D Edited by x.sunayna.x - 13 years ago
muffins2waffles thumbnail
What? That's weird LOL
I don't think he should judge a group like that. I mean, we're all Indian =)
premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I didn't like the fact that he's biasing based on language.. He shouldn't have done that.. There are talks that he's going to do a film with Maniratnam, Surya, Vikram.. even they're tamil actors rite...Actors should be judged on their worth not language..

No offence to anyone..don no if he thought under the same lines but this is what i thought when i read about the same cast in tamil n telugu...
If except for Mahesh Babu all the cast is the same for Telugu n Tamil why waste production cost... They can take someone like Surya or Vikram who has equally large fan base in Telugu and dub it... Not like dubbing movies aren't watched... Robo, Ghazini, Chandramukhi et al have already proved that good movies are appreciated be it tamil or telugu whoever the cast it.. 
fuzzyface thumbnail
wow someone is insecure
A good actor wld not be worried of such trivial and superficial things.