DOTW: Whats the USP Of Saathiya ?

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Hello SNS-ites,

We all are so confused and angry also...why this show is doing so well as far as TRP is concerned when there is...
  1. Nothing so Exciting to be talked abt,
  2. No Improvement at all in any of the stories except Kinjal's Love Story,
  3. No development in any of the characters except Kokila Modi who is still Pal Me Tola-Pal Me Masha type....

And We are discussing all these things in almost every thread.....
  1. abt its Positive n Negative Points,
  2. abt its Strengths and Weakness,
  3. How All Male Characters are just Card Board Cutouts,
  4. How Story going in Circles n Circles n Circles,
  5. How Rashi's Negative n Selfish Character winning Everytime,
  6. Why Gopi's Character is Naive Out Of This World,
  7. Why so much attention on Side Stories like Kinjal-Umang-Elesh,
  8. Why not even a Decent Conversation between Aham-Parag as Father n Son,
Etc....Etc....Etc....Etc....Etc....

If i'll keep on writing whole page will be done with the Points only and then no one will be able to figure out what to discuss......so m just putting FEW of the points and wants u all to ADD (i know then we will have this Topic to be the Most active thread on forum...)....

This a Good time (as Every one from the Cast is so happy and having Gala time) to discuss abt how n why this show is doing well, even when we dont see anything Satisfactory, so that if by any chance they read this then they will know Show is  not Worthy right now for this success just by ONE GOHAM DANCE (see m back to Square one...Gorgeous Golden Boy n Dance but cant help myself....) , like I mentioned above points....

So do share what Do U think is the USP of this show due to which it is doing well when we are Baffled with it,
also do share its Not So Unique Points as per u........
and also what can be Changed or Improved to Make its Success Worth.

Keep in mind All IF rules and also below ones...
  1. No Bashing any Actor/Character/Member.
  2. No Comparison of any actor to any other.
  3. No comparison of SNS with any other show.
  4. Constructive Criticism is always welcome but in Polite Manner.
  5. Agree/Disagree with other's view but again in Polite way.

SNS Dev Team

Edited by -tellyaddict- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rafeal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Mmmm... *scratch my head*...mmm.. I think...mmmm... *pulls my hair out*.. Yooo ezzzz peeeee?????? Is it Rashi?😉 or kenjal or kokila? All that i see in tis serial are these three ppl... So whats the yoo ezzz pee? Definately Rashi and her smart brain.. The dress worn by the charectors , bhajans, lalalala... Blah..blah..blah.. Ben, u r one crazy Ahem fan whereas i am a Rashi fan.. ROFL
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

According to me the USP of the show is how an illiterate girl who has absolutely no knowledge of how the world outside works or how to operate basic electronics always ends up being the saving grace of a family filled with all educated and smart people.  The fact that this girl Gopi in spite of getting told off again and again by elders and youngers alike still comes to save them during crisis. She according to me is the strongest character with a bunch of flaws in her. It's a miracle to me that how she fits in this family.

In regular soaps we see once the actress looses a particular battle against her family members or is somehow targeted by everyone in the household she ends up crying/leaving the house/ arguing back/ questioning God about her existence and bad luck. Whereas Gopi prays for strength to Kanha Ji so she can be the "Saathiya" of her family whenever they are in need.

Telly_Addict thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ambrosia

According to me the USP of the show is how an illiterate girl who has absolutely no knowledge of how the world outside works or how to operate basic electronics always ends up being the saving grace of a family filled with all educated and smart people.  The fact that this girl Gopi in spite of getting told off again and again by elders and youngers alike still comes to save them during crisis. She according to me is the strongest character with a bunch of flaws in her. It's a miracle to me that how she fits in this family.

@bold....this is the Most Strongest point of the show...being unaware of her capabilities, always being yelled at by her sis, Gopi possess all the Qualities that A Perfect House-Wife/DIL can have...but lacks the qualities that A Social Creature can have........and thats the thing which makes all the viewers Relate themself with this So Much underestimated character....

In regular soaps we see once the actress looses a particular battle against her family members or is somehow targeted by everyone in the household she ends up crying/leaving the house/ arguing back/ questioning God about her existence and bad luck. Whereas Gopi prays for strength to Kanha Ji so she can be the "Saathiya" of her family whenever they are in need.

Well said.....I love this Specific Point.....which keeps This show from being a Typical Saas Bahu show....

but still many more aspects of Gopi's and Aham's character can be shown.......and CVs are lacking in developing both the character.......not just these two i'll say every other character except Koki n Rashi there is nothing variations in any character.........which makes me mad for the show...

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I just feel like Aham will not consider Gopi till she goes through a transformation. She has done a lot for him but he doesn't so much acknowledge her innocence. What attracted him to her the other day was Gopi's looks but not Gopi herself.
Telly_Addict thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ambrosia

I just feel like Aham will not consider Gopi till she goes through a transformation. She has done a lot for him but he doesn't so much acknowledge her innocence. What attracted him to her the other day was Gopi's looks but not Gopi herself.

correct....he was Dazzled by her looks only......concerned abt her when her pallu stuck in fan...when she got hurt..........
so it shows that he feels concerned abt her only when she is trouble but he is not seeing the real Caring, Loving Gopi.....and for this happen something VERY BIG should happen that can be Gopi's transformation or Koki's Life in Risk which will be Served by Gopi or Anything else.......
Provided Aham has to open his blindfold to see her reality.....
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Ambrosia has very nicely written about the USP of the show .... 

but I wonder, do the creatives remember the USP of the show ....  they seem so confused and give preference to everyone but the leads pair !

SangeetaHimani thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

What surprises me is that Gopi acts super smart when she has to save the family but acts stupid when she has to save herself and eventually gets drowned.  Now, whats that.

premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This question bothered me so many times.. n here are the answers i found..  😊

When intially it started all the faces were almost new.. It did look like an old formula.. gopi treated badly by her mami, n then came Kokila who chose her as her bahu.. but even then it was like she was going to take advantage of naive gopi... 😵

It was only after marriage understood that kokila doesn't have any evil notions.. She's not like the ordinary mother-in-law.. she appreciates good work n when something goes bad.. punishes as welll which infact is good so that mistakes are avoided... 

Comin to Rashi n Urmila... they're evil but things they do sometimes crack us up... rashi n koki, urmila n koki tug off is jus so hilarious to watch...  😆 😆

Aham, sometimes wonder if he could ever smile... 🤔 He loved Anita... for his mother he sacrificed his love.. but still isn't ready to accept his mother's choice because she's illiterate.. ðŸ˜” Even though he doesn't show any +ve vibes to Gopi she still is dedicated wife to him.... Her belief in god n love that one day he may probably accept her n her trials not to make him unhappy unfortunately which doesn't happen.. but still her dedication to him and his family is ideal... She's naive, uneducated but stiill have the capability to save her family when in an ordeal.. that's appreciated..

The show is very slow in its pace but stilll there are a lot of things that gets the audience glued to the screen... This show definitely has a huge audience base despite its flaws..  Whenever i raise the topic of hindi serials the 1st thng ppl around me talk is Saathiya 😲 (well it is shocking becoz being frm south i know a very small audience watch hindi shows and that too at 7:00 its really appreciable)  In the midst of love stories, social issues et al... For woman n elders it jus tops the list..

OMG made it so long.. hope i did make some sense 😆 😆

Edited by premeer4rever - 13 years ago