Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Aradhana87

Dheeraj Kumar wanted to show the story of "Baal shiv ji"means younger shiv ji and he thought Samar looks a bit old. Dheeraj ji read somewhere that while penance Shiv Ji becomes younger for a leela and thats why he replaced Samar. People liked gayatri-yashodhan jodi more so TRP got higher and Samars re entry was postponed..but he did come back in the end for few epis😊

thank you! lol i still like Samar though lol. he played shiva so well!!! hahaha yea i saw him in the last 2 or 3 eps.....did gayatri come back in the end too? because i only saw Samar......anyway thx!!!

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ADMJCXNK97fan

Gayatri didnt come back unfortunately but she was missing before Samar re entered so I think she lost interest or had some other work to do😊

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
By the way..Yashodhan is doing a new show on colors, maati ki banno😊
Indraneela thumbnail
ADMJCXNK97fan: You are definitely not the only one who liked Samar Jai Singh better!  He was so regal and poised and intense in the role.  You know he teaches acting in Mumbai now??

The Om Namah Shivay cast was just incredible, overall.  The actors/actresses as Sati, Vishnu, Shiva, and Indra are my favourites in any series.

(A bit off-topic: I got serial Shree Ganesh after seeing a lot of familiar faces from Om Namah Shivay in clips.  Sadly, Samar isn't in Shree Ganesh's cast - but a lot of the ONS folks are, playing different parts!)
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
i know!!!!! even in vishnu puran there are some familiar faces....although a lot more come from mahabharat.....haha did you know daksha, in om nama shiivay was actually yudhistir in mahabharat? lol pretty cool, and   vishnu sharma, who was vasudev in Mahabharat played an evil pandit, as well as vashishtha in ONS& VP! lol pretty cool!!! haha many actors seem to come back for different yet important roles a lot! haha

however i'm not agret fan of shri ganesh, but when i used to watch there lots of familiar faces!

Samar jai singh's teachig acting? cool!!!! sounds good!!! after all he played the best shiva ever!!! (he also played shiva in Vishnu puran!!!)
Edited by ADMJCXNK97fan - 13 years ago
Indraneela thumbnail
He's on Vishnu Puran, too?!?  I'm going to have to check that out; I had no idea!  Yes, he's teaching at a school called Kreating Charakters.  Maybe in a few years we'll see some of his students performing equally wonderful roles on television!  I hope so.

Daksha in Om Namah Shivay was quite good.  That must be a really hard role to play! 

I've always wondered how they do it day after day...you know, the actors who perform the stubborn characters (like Daksha, Tarkasur, Indra), the folks who keep making the same mistakes over and over (pride, pride, more pride).  How do they not get terribly bored?  I can just imagine the new scripts coming out...

"So, am I doing anything new this week?  Rescuing children from a burning orphanage?  Planting a few trees?  Developing a higher moral sense?"
"Afraid not, Indra.  We've got you forgetting your duties and being driven out of Heaven by Demons again."
"What about me?"
"Daksha?  Haha!  No way!  You have to be a prideful jerk and alienate your family some more!! 
Oh, and Tarkasur, we're putting you in the show next week.  It'll be pretty simple, you just have to snarl a lot and insist that nothing could ever possibly defeat you.  Right up until the moment that a kid...you know...defeats you.  Alright, places everybody!"  :)
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
EXACTLY!!!!! couldn't put it better myself!!!!!so precise!!! HAHAHAHAHA exactly! lol
 when i was little i used to get a bit 'scared'.........but now i watch it laugh and wait for something interesting to happen LOL!!!!! hahaha so funny..........however i do manage to keep myself busy by studying the CGI, and special effects, backgrounds, wire techniques and all that stuff hahahahaha 

yep, he's on vishnu puran!!!! that makes 2 of my fav actors right there, so i don't need to go bouncing between 2 serials LOL!

Daksh was played by the guy who played yudhistir in mahabharat, i like him better as daksh....

i still don't believe how incredibly STUPID the devas can be!!!!!!! don't they get a hint???? there was a time when i finally figured that the demons have become SO much smarter!!! LOL they learn from their mistakes.........and well, the others always have to go running around to the tridevs hahaha lol
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail

I loveee watching Om Namah Shivay! It's my mother's favorite mytho show, we used to watch it together every Sunday. 😃 I really love the intro song and visuals, that Natraj shown with the flames always makes me feel this warmth from the inside whenever I watch it. It's amazing! 😳

Samar Jai Singh is my most favorite Lord Shiva ever! (RS Ramayan's my second) He was perfect in this role! ❤️

ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
yes he was!!!! i LOVE that nataraj in the flame!!! and especially that song by Pandit Jasraj!!! it just becomes PERFECT!!!! i used to LOVE that show too!!..............and then when they replaced him i continued watching it only for the stories......otherwise it was great!!!! love it!
Indraneela thumbnail
The Nataraj in the flame was such an amazing introduction to the show!  The first time I saw it, I thought, "Oooooo, this is going to be neat."

Samar had so many amazing moments in the role.  I actually got teary-eyed when he was talking "to" Sati after her death; it was so sweet and innocent, like she might actually come back if he just talked to her.  It was also phenomenal, the way he looked so perfect in the worship scenes.  It must be tough to look all stoic and Deva-like while people are throwing flowers at you and there's a live cobra around your neck...and he totally rocked it!

I had a funny moment regarding the Devatas about halfway through the series, because I realised the same thing you did: "Wow, they just go whine to either Brahma or Vishnu or Shiv anytime something goes wrong!  Over and over and OVER again!"  At one point I actually found myself scolding the screen, out loud.  "Oh, goodness GRACIOUS!  Why don't you try that 'prayer and penance' thing?  You know, that 'being religious and dutiful' thing that got you out of trouble LAST episode?  And every episode before THAT!?!  Stop interrupting penances and watching dancers and just be GOOD for five minutes, will you??"

And then I thought about myself.

And I thought, "And how many times have I taken my own advice?  How often have I sat down for meditation or said a prayer when things are going wrong?  Don't I sometimes whine or feel sorry for myself or watch TV to distract myself - like this show - instead of doing the right thing?  Wow.  If the Devgans are dumb...I'm dumb too."

(And speaking of Devatas, I love the fact that they kept getting new shiny things on their costumes as the series went on.  By the final episodes, Indra in particular was so weighted down with gold and jewellery that it must have taken three hours a day just to put everything on.  Hee!!)