kaleidoscope thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Pallavi bids adieu to 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii'  
By VICKEY LALWANI

The talented Shweta Kawaatra who plays Pallavi Aggarwal in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii has decided to pack up from the serial. The reason: she's got tired of doing the same things over and again.

She's been making life miserable for Parvati bhabhi - her sister in law - for nearly four years in the super hit Star Plus soap Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. As the scheming Pallavi, who's out to wreak havoc on the Aggarwal family, Shweta Kawaatra has been winning awards (even an indiantelevision.com Indian Telly Award) for her performance. But like other characters from Balaji Telefilms' many soaps, Kawaatra's character is all set to do the vanishing act from KGGK.

Says Kawaatra: "It was not easy and it took a long time to decide. I was contemplating quitting since the past few months."

But why leave something that had made her a household name? "There is more to me than being just Pallavi. I was virtually stagnating doing the same thing again and again. It's been four long years since I started doing Pallavi. I need to move ahead in life. I have played every emotion in this role. There is nothing more that I can do," she pointed out.

Kawaatra is also a bit fed up with the fact that she had to play mother to Krishna (Sachin) who is almost as old as she is. "It was okay for a while when I was addressed as 'ma'. But later, it started to feel very funny." In the recent past, Kawaatra was also offered roles which required her to play mother, which she refused politely. It would be recalled that Nausheen Ali Sardar had a similar complaint when she called it quits from Balaji Telefilms Ekta Kapoor's Kkusum on Sony Entertainment Television.

On date, Kawaatra has a play Uncle Samjha Karo and Current Bollywood (on Max). "

When contacted, Kapoor offered, "Shweta is free to take her decisions. As far as I know, she didn't want to play negative anymore. She sent me an sms regarding her decision to quit and I sent her a reply wishing her good luck," adding, "There was no friction. The parting was amicable."

Will it be so easy? We mean, who will replace Kawaatra?

"I don't need a replacement for Pallavi. She is not required anymore to take the story forward. At least, that's the present scenario," Kapoor quipped.

Do we hear the Aggarwal family breathing a sigh of relief? Well, not really. There's Kunika Sadanand Lall who has already taken charge to destroy them with the aid of four spoilt brats dressed in black. As Lall informed us last week, "My role will last at least for a year."

Was Kawaatra feeling that Lall is getting the meat and she, the bone? "Hmmm..., no. I still had a lot to do. According to the script, I was supposed to use all these new entries. But again, I have been doing just that... using people for my benefit... how much more?" she posed a question.

"I want people to miss me for a while," she concluded with a laugh.

And for sure, she will be missed.

source: telly chakkar

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ishan2003 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Pallavi will definitely be missed. Though Mallika is quite good, but these Mallikas and Garimas will never come close to Pallavi. And Shweta Kawaatra played the role brilliantly.
Manna thumbnail
I think Pallavi was too good. She is in fact better than all the rona dhona bahus and betis. She was constantly smiling and had lots of conviction in her acting. She will be missed . You can catch her on a program on Sony max , she hosts a movie related show - cant remember the name.
Manna thumbnail

Oh yes  its called Current Bollywood. She's cool in that.