SUN TV's Sangeetha Maha Yutham Season 2

smlaksh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi Friends ,

Next season of SMY will start soon 😛 .. Madhumitha , a popular singer , who sang "Kanaa kaanum kaalangal" in 7g rainbow colony movie will host the show .. Team captains are yet to be announced .. Guess few captains from season 1 might be there ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smlaksh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well , i was wrong last time 😳 .. Singer Mathangi hosts the show ..

Jury Members : Malaysia Vasudevan & Vani Jeyaram

Team Captains :

Ranjith , who sang "Hey Vetrivela" song in Padikkathavan movie (new Dhanush movie)

Prasanna , who sang "Veyilodu Vilaiyadi" song in Veyil movie .. He is not new to sun tv .. Played  judge role in Athiradi singer along with Chitra Iyer & MD Vijay Antony ..

Grace Karunas , who sang "Seena thaana" song in Vasoolraja MBBS movie ..

Rahul Nambiar , who sang "Adada Mazhai" song in Paiyaa movie ..

Naveen , who sang "Pokkiri pongal" song in Pokkiri movie ..

Sunitha Sarathy , who sang "Thoothu varuma" in Kaaka Kaaka movie ..

All are new young singers .. Guess , it'll be a healthy competition with lots of fun 😛 ..

Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thanks, Smlaksh. I saw the two pre-episodes hosted by Madhumita. She was so stiff and her speech was stuccato-like. The producers may have decided to switch hosts as a consquence. Or maybe Madhangi was just standing in as Madhumita was unavailable for the rounds introducing the singers.

Looks like the producers have taken note of the criticism of the first season, i.e., that having singers judge each other constituted a conflict of interests. It's good to see Vani Jairam back as a judge. But Malaysia V looked as if he was going to collapse any moment.

I may not be watching as enthusiastically as I was when Madhu was participating but I am curious to see how Prasanna, Rahul and Ranjit fare. The other three strike me as lightweights. I saw parts of Saturday's episode online and didn't really like the attitude of Rahul and some of the others; they came across as somewhat full of themselves and not just self-confident. Looks like they are all raring to go and to engage in a real yudham.

migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I also saw Saturday episode.

I think Mathangi is better off as a host than Madhumita. I did not see the pre show completely. Only little bit - but didn't feel like watching it.

i did watch Saturday this week show where they introduced the 6 captains.

I like Prasanna and his voice. Lets see how his team forms. All the singers sang very well though young and energetic.

My one question is when will they select the teams - and how long will they be dragging this before it starts?
mellisai thumbnail
Thanks for the intro update, Laksh.

Tamil Simon Cowell is BACK but ivvaroda decipherer thaan missing - we need someone to decipher Prasanna's clever and funny comments! Also, Prasanna getting judged .. taste of his own medicine!😆

Btw, Veyilodu ViLaiyadi  was AWESOME! 
Bonheur thumbnail

Hmm. The Saturday episode had all pre-recorded songs since they hadn't started competing. So, everyone sounded good. The test lies in live performances. Anyone watched Sunday's episode?

migan thumbnail
I watched 3/4th of Sunday Episode.

This time again the captains performed - folk songs. Mathangi was dressed in Paavadai Davani - looked little not appropriate for her age - but nevertheless she looked OK.

Every one did well and got good feedback from Jury(Same Vani.J & M.V) -  I agree M.V seems he is about to collapse - as if some one brought him and made him sit there.

I didn't remember all of the songs -

Naveen sang - Vaala meenukkum - vilangu Meenukkum

Prasanna did Annathey Aaduraan...(Dressed as Puli - nice performance)
Ranjit sang Karuppana Kaiyale with the female singer as Mathangi

Rahul sang well - I have to still watch it.( I fast forwarded - have to go back and watch my recording)

I could not get what Grace sang(Which was a challenge to Prasanna)

I think Sunitha sarathy sang Appadi Poodu... with the help of Rahul for male voice.

They all talked about what kind of team they want and if you are interested in participating in some one's team - please write to this address.....(So innum yevlav naalo team select panrathukku)

Next week they are going to sing again in different Genre.

Apparently this Naveen is a son of popular music Director Ravindran in Malayalam films.

Bonheur thumbnail

Thanks for the summary, Migan.

Wow, Naveen is the son of Ravindran.! He was a legend in Malayalam music (Madhu B used to sing some of his songs on stage). I loved especially Ravindran's Eazhu Swarangalil, which Yesudas also sang in Tamil, if I recall correctly. (There is a Madhu B version on Youtube.)

Hard to believe Naveen is Ravindran's son; I heard Naveen sing a couple of songs and thought he sounded very ordinary.
migan thumbnail
Did anyone watch this weekend show? How was it?
mellisai thumbnail
Nothing much this weekend .. I missed the start SMY on Saturday  and Sunday  was Retro Disco Round. 
Real battle starts next weekend. Looking forward to the team members .. new and young singers!