Article:Rahul bhatt- From fat to Flat

ingloriusb thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Came across this article which gives insights into why Rahul bhatt is an introvert and doesn't open up.

http://www.menshealth.intoday.in/menshealth/story.jsp?contentid=340&sid=5&cid=22

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ingloriusb thumbnail

Originally posted by: ingloriusb

Came across this article which gives insights into why Rahul bhatt is an introvert and doesn't open up.

http://www.menshealth.intoday.in/menshealth/story.jsp?contentid=340&sid=5&cid=22

Some excerpts from the article:
------------------------------------------------------------

Who would have thought that a 122-kg guy could not just whip his body into shape, but also take up fitness training as a profession, providing guidance and inspiration to others faced with a smiliar problem? Now, meet Rahul Bhatt. From a teenager who dealt with gynaecomastia (male breasts) along with acne, Rahul has worked his way to becoming a Men's Health cover model. All it takes is a simple dose of motivation, he tells you, and with it, anyone can go the distance.

Fat on the brain
"My mother tells me that I wasn't a fat child. In fact, till the age of six, I was skinny. It was then that I started putting on weight," says Rahul, overeating, he adds, to cope with the less than great relationship he had with his father. Incidentally, he is filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt's son.

Rahul's concerned mother comforted the child by feeding him—rather too well—and set him on a path of obsession with food. His inability to make close friends at school did not help matters. "Food was my only companion at this time," says Rahul. "I kept gaining weight and withdrew even further into my shell."

At the very young age of 11, Rahul weighed an astounding 122kg, becoming an object of ridicule for everyone, including
his relatives. "This made me angrier and I turned to food with a greater vengeance," says Rahul. "These were the most brutal years of my life."

The point of return
At 15, when most of you would have been trying out the latest in jeans and eyeing the hottest girls in high school, Rahul began to turn his life around. By this time, he had reached the depths of despair: he could not learn to swim, he was developing male breasts due to a hormonal disorder and no girl would look twice at him—except perhaps to sneer at him.

'A lot of my weight problems had to do with bottling up my emotions, I thought of speaking about one's issues as unmanly.' 
"I realised I had to do something. It was an age when girls had begun to occupy my mind and I was painfully aware that my weight was a very big hurdle in the dating game," says the now muscular cover model.

But a wariness gripped him—a wariness such as many of you may have experienced at very difficult moments in your life. Rahul knew he had to do something, but he didn't know how and or with whose help.

"By nature, I don't discuss my problems openly," says Rahul. "Though I come from a family that encourages conversations, I felt it was very unmanly to discuss one's problems. I realise that a lot of my weight problem had to do with this trait of bottling up my emotions."

MaahiiVe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Seems like he has gone through a lot! I feel bad for him now. Plus he's one of the saner and more straightforward contestants so far.. 

I hope he gains more success on this show and also ahead in his life. =) 
sarasingh86 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
He seems to be very genuine,straightforward person.
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Ir eally salute him fpr wht he is now. Just imagine how must he feeling through when he was a teenager. Salute to his will power.
Richa.j thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
nice article! thx for posting it!
ingloriusb thumbnail

Originally posted by: tvbuff74

nice article! thx for posting it!

Thanks😊

I agree with u all that he is most genuine of all... anyone else would have used this as a sob story and created drama... It is also admirable that even being from film fraternity he chose to be a fitness trainer - which is not a high profile profession.

He might not be entertaining, but that doesn't mean we can't admire him for what he is.
Edited by ingloriusb - 13 years ago
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ingloriusb

Thanks😊

I agree with u all that he is most genuine of all... anyone else would have used this as a sob story and created drama... It is also admirable that even being from film fraternity he chose to be a fitness trainer - which is not a high profile profession.

He might not be entertaining, but that doesn't mean we can't admire him for what he is.

Absolutely, yaar. I'm feeling sorry for him but I think he doesn't need that cuz he was strong enough to have the will power to change his life on his own. Great! But I think the way he bites his nails still shows that there are some remains of the past inside his head.