Indian version of TWILIGHT or An Original Story?

..-..Riya..-.. thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I know it's too early to speak anything but judging the way Ekta handles her characters and shows, I would request her to please not spoil Twilight! Twilight is original!! The characters of Edward and Bella has its own place. As I've been hearing and reading everywhere that PKYEK is an adaptation of Twilight. As much as I'm waiting for PKYEK eagerly, it annoys me that Ekta's copying and trying to make an Indianised version of Twilight which according to me is impossible. The animatory effects required to show some scenes (for example, the Car crash scene. It was so cartoonish in the promo. πŸ˜›) would look cartoonish just like a part of the promo did. Indian animation still has a long way to go as compared to Hollywood. Why can't Ekta make out her own show? Original story and original characters! We have already seen TWILIGHT and Edward and Bella! Why not something new now?

So, what do you guys think we have in store for? And what would you prefer personally? Indian version of Twilight or An original story?
😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
True i think first few months this might remind of twillight, but it cannot continue doing tht. It's a desi show, they still don't know how to make an effect to look  realistic, like in hollywood. So for me it's not an adaption of twillight but more like a supernatural lovestory, which will be more abt dark love story rather than supernatural powers of the male lead. 
-sam- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

True !
I was also thinking of the same,
Edward - Bella, have their own place.. I love them... Their love story is really Magical nd out of the world...

I will be watching PKNK because I love Twilight nd promo looks good..
But I think EK wont copy it exactly.. Its Impossible to create same effect...

But still I want to see, how it will be shown....

Niza_Khanie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i agree, twilight would be spoilt if ekta decides to remake it (imagine all the people having rebirth, all the people losing memory, all the evill mother in laws, all the... well u know wht i mean!!πŸ˜†)

however, even thought the promo tht i have seen (the one wid the car) does look like a scene from twilight, but they just wont be able get the same effect, as it will look to amatuer!πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

but i agree wid pakindmuziq, right nw it seems like an indian version of twilight, but tht will all change after a while!! but i am still very excited to wach the show!!!! whn is it startin btw!
Edited by neezy4eva - 13 years ago
..-..Riya..-.. thumbnail
@pakindmuziq : Hey, I think I saw u at R.com forum as well. Correct me if I am wrong. Ayways, I so agree with you. This is afterall a daily soap. And Twilight was a book/novel. A daily soap can't be wrapped up that soon and to what extent can it drag itself? So, I hope you r correct n that it comes out to be a supernatural love story. But I do not want any sort of weirdish special effects to be shown. πŸ˜›

@Samidha : Hope what you are saying is right! Hope Ekta doesn't messes with Twilight! And I second you about your opinion about Twilight and EdwElla! πŸ˜ƒ

@neezy4eva : 😲 πŸ˜† I seriously forgot about the rebirths and losing memory and hundreds of marriage and those other eeky stuffs! Thanks for reminding me of them. πŸ˜† EXACTLY! The promo of that car crash pissed me off big time! They tried to copy the actual scene from Twilight as if they can! Bahh! πŸ˜› It's starting on 18th october. That is next monday.

-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Sashangelz

@pakindmuziq : Hey, I think I saw u at R.com forum as well. Correct me if I am wrong. Ayways, I so agree with you. This is afterall a daily soap. And Twilight was a book/novel. A daily soap can't be wrapped up that soon and to what extent can it drag itself? So, I hope you r correct n that it comes out to be a supernatural love story. But I do not want any sort of weirdish special effects to be shown. πŸ˜›

Yeah u have seen me there. I love R.com, i don't think there has been a serial realistic as R.com, u cud relate it to so many ppl ppl u know and all. The concept of tht was rocking. A truely PERFECT show tht was(cast, concept, story etc.), i wish there was a season 2. I'm personally really glad it ended, before it got out of hand, where u wudn't find any sense.

Anyways coming to this show. Thanks for agreeing. Abt dragging, seriously a serial can be dragged as much as the creatives want it, biggest example of today is DIL MIL GAYE.
I personally like a shows ending before it gets messed up.

And im NOT AT ALL a fan of special effects (in desi shows), my reason for watching this is Sukirti Kandpal. And after few intw of Vivian, im evn exited to see ViSu.
..-..Riya..-.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: pakindmuziq

Yeah u have seen me there. I love R.com, i don't think there has been a serial realistic as R.com, u cud relate it to so many ppl ppl u know and all. The concept of tht was rocking. A truely PERFECT show tht was(cast, concept, story etc.), i wish there was a season 2. I'm personally really glad it ended, before it got out of hand, where u wudn't find any sense.

Anyways coming to this show. Thanks for agreeing. Abt dragging, seriously a serial can be dragged as much as the creatives want it, biggest example of today is DIL MIL GAYE.
I personally like a shows ending before it gets messed up.

And im NOT AT ALL a fan of special effects (in desi shows), my reason for watching this is Sukirti Kandpal. And after few intw of Vivian, im evn exited to see ViSu.

Ahh! You got started on R.com! πŸ˜† And God save everyone if I start on it. 🀣 So, I would just say that R.com changed the face of Television for me and it brought some great surprises in my personal life too. 😳

Yeah, back to the topic now. πŸ˜† And so true!! DMG creatives have totally lost it. The show should have ended way back. It has completely lost track now. Utter crap that show is now!

For me, special effects work only in Hollywood movies. And not even in Bollywood! Even in bolly, the special effects r so tacky. An example, Love Story 2050. Even I like Sukirti and I found Vivian intense. I have a strong feeling that this two will share a good chemistry. So looking forward to the show! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Sashangelz - 13 years ago
Niza_Khanie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=Sashangelz
@neezy4eva : 😲 πŸ˜† I seriously forgot about the rebirths and losing memory and hundreds of marriage and those other eeky stuffs! Thanks for reminding me of them. πŸ˜† EXACTLY! The promo of that car crash pissed me off big time! They tried to copy the actual scene from Twilight as if they can! Bahh! πŸ˜› It's starting on 18th october. That is next monday.

[/QUOTE]

πŸ˜†i se i forgot to metntion the hundreds of near marriages, lo thnxs for the reminderl! oh nd walking on the streest when the girl is upset😭, with a near accidentπŸ˜†!
18th october, uff hw long do we hve to wait!!πŸ˜’!
Edited by neezy4eva - 13 years ago
..-..Riya..-.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: neezy4eva

πŸ˜†i se i forgot to metntion the hundreds of near marriages, lo thnxs for the reminderl! oh nd walking on the streest when the girl is upset😭, with a near accidentπŸ˜†!

🀣 This can be a good mood lifter when I'm upset you know. Talking about Ekta's SPECIALITIES in her shows. 🀣 It's sure to cheer me up. 🀣