Pushtiie aka Choti of Hum Paanch-intervie

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

First Break

I only got 'cute-girl' roles...

Pushtiie aka Choti of Hum Paanch on how her being plump got her assignments

Sapana Patil

I was doing a Gujarati play when a friend suggested that I audition for TV serials. Initially I was reluctant as I was really plump (more than I am now). However, that became a plus point and fetched me roles of a 'cute girl'. Those were not the kind of roles I had in mind but upon my friend's insistence, I auditioned for Balaji Telefilms (almost out of fear of displeasing him).

I got lucky in the auditions and landed up with a role in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. I played the role of a 'cute but bitchy' college girl. This was almost three years ago. At that time, my brother (TV actor Vrajesh Hirjee) was strictly against it. Being the protective brother and having worked in the industry for a long time, he knew the pitfalls in this line. So, he tried dissuading me from taking up acting in serials. But my mom was with me and was firm about letting me do what I wanted. She gave me the green signal which made me feel confident. 

There has been no looking back since then. Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii was followed with a small role in Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeeqat, a big role in Kkusum and Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. Now, I reign as the Choti of Hum Paanch. 

source:-http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=1211200523163684312112005231558750

Edited by monika_g - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QT143 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
cool! thanks for sharing monika!