Kumar Sanu

Song:
Barsaat Ke Din Aaye
https://soundxx.mp3pk.com/indian/barsaat/1%28mp3pk.com%29.mp3

Please rate his performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:
  • 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song You are NOT rating how much you like Kumar
  • You are NOT rating how much you like his singing in general You ARE rating how well he sang in this song in particular Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings
  • Ratings where you post and explain your score are worth more than just poll ratings.

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1489785

Feel free to discuss his rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Note:

Though the song overall might not be recent, it's one of Kumar Sanu's most recent hits. So it applies for this round.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Horrendous singing, his singing was much better in the previous round.

Right from the beginning, his nasality wiped out all signs of melody and he got just  few of the parts in tune. As if that weren't good enough, he went on to chaging his pitch and totally going off tune, while continuing with the nasality.

If he existed even today in the industry, there'd be 5 more Himesh's roaming around!

A 5!
sunandshine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: debayon

If he existed even today in the industry, there'd be 5 more Himesh's roaming around!

A 5!

🤣 🤣 This is funny😆 He sounds extremely nasal in this Terrible song, pathetic singing

6/10😕
simi_1 thumbnail

simple notes, average singing, wow quiet nasal, almost rememberd the female signing more than KS, maybe the female had more lines to sing.  anyway could have definitley picked another song for this singer

5/10

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow all the way back to 2005 for a song for him.

Another questionable selection by cosworthkid. His singing was solid. I wouldn't really say it was bad. I thought he did a solid job. But for those people rating him low, there is a reason why he didn't sing much after this.

He clearly had lost some steps from his prime. His voice sounded more forced and less smooth than his prime, and his singing was kind of limited with the same type of lines.

This was not his best, and he has lost some steps, and thats why he didn't do much singing. But still, above average. About as good as old Udit.

Rating: 6/10

xobile thumbnail
Woah. Kumar's song is all the way back from 2005. And we have KK, Udit, Mohit singing 2010 songs. How recent is 'recent'? 😆

Nasal+overvibrato will stay the problem with Kumar. He is more nasal than Himesh, adding an unnecessary twang to EVERY single vowel sound! Any time he holds a note, it becomes a problem. And it's tolerable in some aakaars like 'aah' or 'hey', but it's annoying when he does it on 'oo' and 'ee'.

He also pronounces betaabiyon as 'beTAbiyon' and rimjhim as 'reemjheem'.

He had good high notes. Voice control was average.

Good points and bad points = 5/10
digitalone 33 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey hey hey hey hey hey, hey hey hey hey, hey hey hey hey hey hey
Barsaat ke din aaye, mulaaqaat ke din aaye
Betaabiyon ke sharaare bichhe hain
Yeh saawan ki rimjhim jhadi hai
Kadam bekhudi mein bahekne lage hain
Yeh madhoshiyon ki ghadi hai
Barsaat ke din aaye, mulaaqaat ke din aaye
Hum soch mein the jinke, us raat ke din aaye
Barsaat ke din aaye, barsaat ke din aaye
Hey hey hey hey hey hey

a good justice to the song done by
Kumar and Alka
nice composition of song from 2005 as his songs are soo not being heard now a days
soo nice one

i think if love story is taken then its like jalwa here........lolzz

but over all a good song selection
some few problems are there but in sur and as one had pointed out was of word pronunciation
its okk

Rating 8/10

ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I'm gonna be biased for just a second. I LOVE this song. 😊

Ok back to singing, Lyrics of the song are nice but its a typical 90s tune by Nadeem - Sharwan with Kumar Sanu back in their bucket.

Kumar Sanu has this voice which suits a lot of actors, i guess that was the biggest plus point for him.

Nice song but Average singing.
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Restrictions and limited choice of KS prompted us to choose this track. Lets get it straight, this being a 2005, it still is a typical old school Kumar-alka duet with straight forward singing and decent tunes.

Compaing his nasality with himesh would be like comparing a havelland comet to a Boeing 737. At least kumar's voice clarity is decent and we can understand what he sings, despite his limitations.

The scale does leave a lot to be desired, the flat singing as a result of it. Sur though is decent but again, just about OK.  But its a track that is not as bad as it is made out to be. I will give it a 7.5, but since....he is from my team, I'll award him:

8/10.
Edited by cosworthkid007 - 13 years ago