Hariharan

Song:
Roja Jaaneman
https://sound3.mp3pk.com/indianx/roja/roja4%28www.songs.pk%29.mp3

Please rate his performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:
  • 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song You are NOT rating how much you like Hariharan
  • You are NOT rating how much you like his singing in general You ARE rating how well he sang in this song in particular Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings
  • Ratings where you post and explain your score are worth more than just poll ratings.

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1489785

Feel free to discuss his rating for this performance!Edited by risingabove - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Note:
I believe this was his 1st Bollywood Song, but either way, his 1st song that made him known as an elite singer in the Bollywood industry. Also AR Rehman's debut. Perfectly fits theme for the round.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Mindblowing, fantastic, marvelous, excellent, exceptional, outstanding and the list of adjectives continue....no string of adjectives can do justice to what Hariharan saab has sung!👏👏 The way he has treated the song is almost as he were carassing a baby...so smoothly and softly, it really gets you into the song, as if you were imprisoned and were thinking about your lover. Pitching great, the atmosphere perfect, nothing less than a 10!👏👏👏
thewiseone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
a true singer! brilliant voice and i love how his voice emotes so much feeling! and what a composition! its as if ar rehman stole the tune for this song from the heavens! its heavenly!⭐️
simi_1 thumbnail
He is a cut above the rest

10/10
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Definitely a 10. This song makes me emotional. Its a wonderful ARR composition. I love the song, Hariharanji has done full justice to it.
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It is a real challenge selecting this song for hariharan, I want to ensure that the stig gets a strong start. Glad it works.
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Right from the splendid song to the superb lyrics to the amazing tune captivated with a superb voice, with HH and ARR at the helm, you expect nothing but the best. And boy, this track delivers its finest!
Welcome to 1992. The golden era of Indian music, full of simple, clean and melodious tracks which went on to became cult classics and are heard even today.

Roja is ARR's finest of works. Just calling the album a work of art would be an understatement. Every track the film carries forward has a story to tell, and emotions to express. One such track is roja jaaneman. It gives you goosebumps right from the beginning. This is a difficult, very difficult track to sing. One key highlight of this track is maintaining composure while singing at a consistent tempo with immense control of voice at mid tone, and at the same time, expressing your feelings as this conveys to the end listener.

Let's start. The use of emotional quotient in the second line give you goosebumps. the voice grows. and gets more touchy. more goosebumps. the song reaches its peak and notes get higher. It gets better, and better. and the way the transition progresses from the low notes in the beginning till the peak when HH sings "rooojaaa", its just brutally good.

Adding to the melody is superb classical melody by the maestro crafted by the name of A R Rehman. mixing tunes, tones and soul with rich emotions. Its perfect. Just perfect. And HH's voice is just more icing on the cake. Like preparing our own cake and eating it too with enjoyment.
Listen to this, and relieve those golden moments. You wont get anything better than this.

10/10 is just an understatement. Its that good.👏
Edited by cosworthkid007 - 13 years ago
brahmabul thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
The one singer from modern era after Sonu Nigam who I respect and admire a lot.

9/10
Hunk101 thumbnail

I love this song, the feel in his voice throught the song is amazing. This is classic A r rehman composition. I havent heard much songs of Hariharan but I must say he is truely talented & this song deserves nothing less than a 10.