The Big Announcement -OS (MG)

simran1285 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

This is my first ever OS, so be forewarned I am not very good with them. Anyhow, with the whole Geet's pregnancy issue going on and feeling a co-workers baby kicking for the first time in my life (she is 7 months preggers), I was compelled to write this part.

The big announcement - OS

She had booked the entire restaurant and had especially asked to have it decorated in blue and pink. Her doubts had only been confirmed earlier this morning and she had been excited and nervous since. She had called him immediately after the confirmation and requested he have dinner with her. He had nagged her of course demanding to know the reason behind the dinner; Maan Singh Khurana must know everything, the man was a spoilt sport for surprises; "can't a wife ask her husband out to a simple dinner" she had retorted. She smiled remembering his petulant response at her remark and looked down at her watch; an hour left to go, oh how she couldn't wait to tell him!

He arrived right on her requested time and smiled triumphantly. Maan Singh Khurana was a stickler when it came to punctuality, especially when it concerned his wife. Had he been a minute late she would have chewed him up left, right and center.

The pink/blue decorations and the hundreds of balloons stopped him dead in his tracks. It appeared to be a private party, more like a birthday party, for a child. Had she played a prank on him? He frowned looking at the empty hall, or had he heard the name of the restaurant wrong? He was just about to walk out when he spotted the vision in white.

There she was looking like the goddess divine, correction he scolded himself, his goddess divine. Was it just his imagination or was she glowing today, though to him she looked beautiful everyday, but there was something different about her today, she looked just ethereal.

"Geet, I think this place is booked for a private party, maybe we should go somewhere else"

"There is no private party here Maan, I booked this entire place" she gave him a smug smile and leaned in to give him quick peck on the lips

"What? You booked the entire restaurant? But why? And what's with the decorations?"

"You'll find out soon" she winked at him this time and dragged him towards a table set for two. "Maan" she got up abruptly forcing him to get up too.

"What's the matter?"

"Why didn't you hug me?"

"Huh?" were those tears he saw forming in her eyes?

"You didn't hug me, usually that's the first thing you do when you come home from work"

Shaking his head he walked up her and opened his arms. She came in willingly with a hold so tight it nearly frightened him. What was going on with her today?

Why was she so nervous? He's your husband after all her brain chided, but yet she was still so petrified to break the news to him. What if he's not happy to hear what she has to say? Oh god, this is ridiculous, please give me the strength to say what I want to say.

"Geet? Are you ok sweetheart?" First the tears and now her clinging, it was beginning to worry him a little. The last time she had clung to him like this was a few weeks after their wedding. She had called her parents who flat out refused to acknowledge her, they had told her to leave them alone She was dead to them. Their words made his blood boil even to this day, but that was nearly two years ago. Could her sister have tried contacting her? No, that wasn't possible, the last he had heard Rajji had been betrothed and neither the groom nor his family were aware of Geet. Oh, he kept his eye on them, he had to just incase they tried to hurt her again. He didn't want even their shadow to fall on her and he would make sure of that.

"I am fine. I am sorry I've just really missed you, you've been so busy these last few days and I just missed you, a lot." Her innocent confession had a wave of guilt hitting him. She was right; he had been really preoccupied with work lately and hadn't even realized how much he was ignoring her. Pulling her back in to his arms he placed a tender kiss on her head and apologized for his ignorance. He made a mental note to be extra attentive during the dinner and do his best to cheer her up.

"Maan"

"Hmmm"

"What do you think about kids?"

"Huh?" she didn't miss the shock on his face when she posed the question. "What made you ask such a question?"

"Oh nothing special, I came across an old acquaintance who told me she was expecting" completely ignoring the 'expecting' bit he focused on the "old acquaintance', so that's what had her all worked up.

"Sweetheart, how many times have I told you not to get all depressed about meeting people from your past, you need to be strong love." He shut up when she rolled her eyes.

"Maan I am not upset about running in to the acquaintance" she eyed him incredulously

"Then what is it?"

"You didn't answer my question, Maan?"

"What question?" uh-oh not good MK you're already forgetting your mental note

"What do you think about kids?" she asked again with her stomach in knots.

"Uh, I think they are just fine" he answered nonchalantly

"Define fine"

"Huh? Geet, what's gotten in to you today?"

This is it Geet, it's now or never. She got up again and like the last time, he followed suit. She took the few necessary steps to reach him and grabbed his hand, only to place it gently on her abdomen under her own. "I am pregnant"

She felt his hand tremble beneath hers and dared not to look in to his eyes, until she felt the floor disappear beneath her.

He spun her around thrice, screaming her name like a giddy teenager. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? Geet I am so happy, we're going to have a baby!!"  

He pulled her in for a rib-crushing hug the moment he put her down, his heart beating wildly against her ears. "You're not mad?" she asked surprising him

"Mad, darling why would I be mad?"

"I don't know.."

"Wait, is this why you were so worked up" she nodded and looked away embarrassed "Geet" he turned her to face him, "this is the best news you have ever given me, why would I be mad? I love you."

She smiled fully for the first time that evening and let him spoil her rotten for the next eight-months.

The End.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bdas thumbnail
awwww it was sooo cuteee !!!!! :D
mayurmaaneet thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
sweeet.. fab hun.. hope u give us more OS
animedreamer thumbnail
wow now that was sooo really cute and adorable AWWW^_^...
janu1610 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
cool one simmi why don't u right OS occasionally .U r too gud in this also.
like always u again created a magic.
kudos.

ritu
sona-rai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
😍sooooooo cute and sweet OS 😍👏loved it dear u write it beautifully👏
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
that is just so awesome
totally in awe...and wife asking hubby
out for dinner...so adorable...loved it 👏👏

ttt0011 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hey dat was cute n sweet story.................pls do write ..........u have got an amazing talent................enjoy
maankigeet4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
tht was a grt first OS...u should write more cause u are gud at it :)
arunima_LUIT thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow ..loved yr OS...really👏