Cockroach for dinner, guts for lunch?

LoveStruck21 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey Everyone.

I have noticed that the second 'reaction' stunt is something rather nasty, always involving very disgusting things.

I just wanted to say a little something. In the US when Fear Factor use to air, they always had the contestants EAT something TERRIBLE. Like cow heart (raw) or a worms...yuck stuff like that.

I have noticed that so far every 'reaction' stunt in the Hindi version of the show does not require the contestants to actually consume anything. I was just wondering why is that? Is it a religious limitation...people's sensibilities...or is the show afraid of causing their contestants harm? I am just curious, the whole 'eating something nasty' was a key component in the US version of Fear Factor, I think it would be rather fun to see some of these tough men not be able to eat something, yet I also feel that maybe the main reason is religious.

Many people are vegetarian due to faith, and I know in South Asia that Faith plays a huge role on what one eats and does not eat.

If this was NOT the case, would you guys think it would be pretty cool to actually give them stuff to eat? Wouldn't that make the competition much more difficult?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
There was a  show Is Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao in which they had to eat nasty stuff... I remember they ate live prying mantis, fish eyes and what not... It was absolutely pathetic... I hope they dont do that here - its no fun, its cruel...
Hazel-eye thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: smallwonder

There was a  show Is Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao in which they had to eat nasty stuff... I remember they ate live prying mantis, fish eyes and what not... It was absolutely pathetic... I hope they dont do that here - its no fun, its cruel...

agreed!
IJSMB was yuckkkkk!
Mrs.Jaysean thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hi i'm american indian too, and yes american and indian t.v. differs in a lot ways. i understand ur pt. in US reality shows are open to everything but not in india. being indian at heart, i can understand indians morals