Nausheen Ali Sardar-Look out for action

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Nausheen Ali Sardar: Look out for a lot of ACTION!

This week Mano Ya Na Mano- Phatpati is based in Rajasthan where it is believed that tourists should pray to a bike before continuing their journey if they wish to reach their destination safely.

It is believed that the spirit of a biker Om Singh who had died at the spot is still around and tourists should not take the risk of angering the spirit. This belief has been in existence ever since a shocking incident where the bike was taken to the police station after Om's accident but strangely enough the same bike was found at the accident spot the next day. Mano Ya Na Mano explores the story of Manasi (played by Naushhen Ali Sardar) and her husband who do not stop to pray to the bike and the consequences that they face.

Nausheen Ali Sardar became a household name after playing the lead role in the television serial Kkusum. She went on to star in many other Indian as well as Pakistani serials. She made her film debut with Three. Nausheen stars in Mano Ya Na Mano-Phatphati and speaks about the episode.

What was your first reaction after hearing the story?

My reaction was positive. I decided to accept the offer immediately. I found her story very interesting. She is a believer who is in a dilemma. I did not feel the need to prepare because I play a simple housewife who gets worried easily. But trust me there is a lot of action happening in this episode.

Do you believe in superstitions? If you were in Manasi's situation would you have prayed to the bike before continuing the journey?

I am a little superstitious but not extremely. If a cat crosses my way I may think before I continue walking in that direction but I will not follow any special rituals to ward off evil.

What are your views about the story? Do you believe that it was Om's spirit that helped Manasi or no?

All I would like to say is the Om is a very powerful word. It is a holy word and I believed that the meaning of God is generator, operator and destroyer.

Which is the unforgettable scene of the episode according to you?

That would definitely be the accident scene.

The other story this weekend is about Prahladi Jani who has not eaten or drunk anything since the past 70 years. What was your reaction after hearing this story?

This is truly amazing!

Can you share a spooky story?

My best friend had an encounter with a ghost in London. My friend was trying to sleep on the bed but some force would keep throwing her off the bed. She believes that it was a ghost who did not want her to sleep there.

Did you come across anything supernatural?

I remember an incident during a show in Bhutan. I was staying in a castle and at night returned to my room to sleep. I suddenly felt something strange happening in the room, like some cold breeze that gave me goose bumps. Then I was shocked as I felt something very heavy on my body. I was totally frozen but somehow ran out of the room. I wanted to pray but somehow I had forgotten all my prayers at that moment. I ended up sleeping under a statue of Ganeshji in the lobby.

What was the mood like on the sets, while shooting?

The mood was very good even though the weather was unpredictable. We were in a hurry to complete the shoot but it was raining continuously. However I have to say that the director handled the situation very well. Even Chandji who is associated with the show was like a father figure.

Your views about Mano Ya Na Mano?

I have been a fan of Mano Ya Na Mano since my school days. It is a great show that leaves you thinking about the episode even after it has ended. My experience of working with the team was really very good. I have comeback to television after doing films because I could not refuse such a nice role.

Watch Phatphati and the man who doesn't eat at all, this weekend only on Mano Ya Na Mano, Saturday and Sunday at 10.30 pm on STAR One.

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
Friday, September 03, 2010

indya.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
She is coming back on India TV after so long. I remember the day when she was the 'IT' girl.