No More TV 4 Ram Kapoor

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
 Phase out: Ram Kapoor

One of television's biggest stars,Ram Kapoor says that he has decided to take an indefinite break from the medium. Unlike other TV stars, Ram is still getting lots of TV offers and was last seen in a hit reality show.

While speaking to DNA, Ram admits that this will be the biggest risk of his life.

"This is a huge risk for me, but I'm taking it. Gautami (his wife) had gone on a break (when she was expecting) and has not done television since. Now, I have decided not to take up any more TV projects. Not for the next one or two years," he says.

But doesn't that mean that he's sealing his chances of ever making a comeback to this extremely competitive medium?

"I was feeling stunted as an actor. There was nothing happening to me. I was feeling lost. I wanted to rediscover myself as an actor, and that's when Udaan happened. The accolades that started coming in after that film made me realise that I was waiting for these kind of projects, projects that will make an impact!TV cannot offer me what I am looking for right now," he says.

http://www.in.com/news/entertainment/fullstory-tv-no-more-for-ram-kapoor-15254089-549d7ea9026eeb0c121da07d12b135b0b36878eb-1.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I agree Indian television has limited roles to offer to male actors but hopefully with a scene changing in bollywood, Hindi serials will also see some change where talented male leads can look for some good fulfilling roles....
-purnima- thumbnail

Originally posted by: tintiny

I agree Indian television has limited roles to offer to male actors but hopefully with a scene changing in bollywood, Hindi serials will also see some change where talented male leads can look for some good fulfilling roles....

hoping that happens soon 😊😊😊.............coz in current running shows.........🀒🀒🀒.......... can't imagine Ram in any of the shows............
hope the TV goes for a makeover soon..........coz still there is not much to do for males on TV...........  earlier it was bahus ruling........ now its betis.......πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† .. or most of the TV actors will be moving to big screen......😊😊😊

all the best to RAM.....πŸ‘πŸΌ........ hope to see him on screen soon.......... big or small doesn't matter 😊😊😊
suwas thumbnail
TV has limited scope for actors......esp male. Good that Ram is getting chance to show his talent in movies.
-purnima- thumbnail

Originally posted by: suwas

TV has limited scope for actors......esp male. Good that Ram is getting chance to show his talent in movies.

yes........... πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ............... his new  one Love u Mr. kalakar sounds intresting 😊😊😊
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
RK is playing Amrita Rao's father and Tusshar Kapoor's would be father in law.  So you can guess the story,  a meanie father who hates the boy his daughter loves.
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: divan

RK is playing Amrita Rao's father and Tusshar Kapoor's would be father in law.  So you can guess the story,  a meanie father who hates the boy his daughter loves.

Arggggggggggggggggg another father role πŸ˜•
-purnima- thumbnail

Originally posted by: divan

another fathers role............. 😭😭😭😭........we all know how well he plays father role ......but  he is not that old............. 😭😭😭................
i mean to say  i don't expect him to be a lead hero in the film but still father.......😭😭... 🀒🀒........
he still have time till he starts playing father to bollywood heroines...............

hope he gets more than father roles in films...... 😊

Lunna_22 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Puri_2711

another fathers role............. 😭........we all know how well he plays father role ......but  he is not that old............. 😭😭😭................
i mean to say  i don't expect him to be a lead hero in the film but still father.......😭😭... 🀒🀒........
he still have time till he starts playing father to bollywood heroines...............

hope he gets more than father roles in films...... 😊

Hope Ram gets to play a big and worth while role in the movie where he can at least
show off his talent as an actorπŸ˜ƒ, even if he is playing the father.
-purnima- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lunna_22

Hope Ram gets to play a big and worth while role in the movie where he can at least
show off his talent as an actorπŸ˜ƒ, even if he is playing the father.

exactly......πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ....but another aspect is he still can do roles except playing father....😊 even anil kapoor real life father of 21 year old sonam..... is yet to start playing fathers role in films....... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†............. Ram is much younger to him....... 😳
Edited by Puri_2711 - 13 years ago