Jiten to play Aghori in Mano ya... indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Jiten Lalwani plays a cannibalistic Aghori!

This week on Mano Ya Na Mano expect to see the most unbelievable community – The Aghoris!

This closed community of sadhus are condemned by larger part of the society because they practice cannibalistic rituals like eating human flesh. But in rural areas they command respect because they claim to have the power to HEAL. This community goes back over centuries and are believed to be a sect dedicated to Shiva they are involved in extreme rituals including cannibalism and other very crude animal behaviour.

The word aghori in Sanskrit means non terrifying, 'a'-'ghori'. We are familiar with the phrases ghor kaliyug, ghor paap, etc.. it is the same ghor, theoretically these people don't attach themselves to anything mortal. The aghori or aghouri sect has its origin in ancient Vedic system, but their version of it. Their acts are known to be terrifying, as they believe the only way to overcome terror is by going through it, since they do it regularly it is a common thing for them. Mano Ya Na Mano brings to the fore this plane of India's ancient civilization from the banks of Ganges in this weekend's episode about one such Aghori.

Popular actor Jiten Lalwani who has earlier been a part of shows like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Shree features in the episode and speaks about his role in it. Jiten is currently a part of Star Plus Sasural Genda Phool where he plays the role of Inder who is Ishaan's (Jai Soni) fun-loving, but responsible brother. We caught up with the actor in a tte––tte

Were you aware of the Aghoris?

I was remotely aware about them, but did not know much. I did not have the time to do any research. The director and creative team helped me to prepare for the role.

What do you think about their practices?

I believe that anyone who worships evil is wrong. I feel good karmas matter.

Has your opinion changed about these practices?

My opinion has not changed much. It is their faith and they feel that God will be pleased by their actions but I feel any evil practice is wrong.

Do you believe in supernatural powers?

Yes I do believe in them.

What do you think are the reasons for this practice?

It really depends on each person's belief so I cannot comment much.

Why did the role in Mano Ya Na Mano excite you?

More than the role it was the production house that I could not refuse. I know some people associated with the production house very well and when they informed me that I suited the role best I immediately accepted the offer.

Your favourite scene from the episode…

It is the first scene which we had shot in a market. I am looking for my brother in the scene and we decided to use real people instead of actors. These people were unaware that we were shooting and actually tried to help me look for my brother in the show. While shooting for the the same scene in the market, there was a lady who felt that she has seen me before but could not remember where she had seen me.

Have you seen the earlier season of Mano Ya Na Mano?

Yes I have seen the earlier season and even acted in an episode. In the first season of Mano Ya Na Mano I acted in an episode where I played the father of a mentally challenged girl (Ami Trivedi). The girl who earlier could not write starts writing with the help of her brother who had been murdered. It was an great experience.

What do you feel about Mishal Raheja as a host? Will he be able to match up to Irrfan Khan?

It will obviously take him time to match up to a great actor like Irrfan Khan.

This episode you will witness the practice of cannibalism, which many consider barbaric. To explore the world of the Aghoris, watch Mano Ya Na Mano every Saturday and Sunday at 10.30 pm on STAR One.

Hill Road Media
Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks. Another SP actor - i'm sensing a trend here. Okay, what is it with each article asking the actor about MR's hosting abilities. Give MR a chance to prove himself and then comment. A show is not defined by the anchor anyway but yeah MR's fan following is helping to reel in the viewers.Edited by pardesii - 13 years ago