Reason behind Shilpa's sudden costume change?

RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
So this is a topic I have been pondering around for a very long time.  When Shilpa (the character) first entered the show I was very happy seeing her.  It wasnt just about her clothes but the fact that she wasnt one of those timid shy "typical indian serial" type girls.  She was kind enough to help children in the flood and fun enough to dance around with four unknown guys confident enough to rock her golden mini dress and respectful enough to go to religious walk thing she did (i dont know what its called, when she wore the white salwaar lol) 

And then Suddenly the salwaar kameez comes, which im okay with (except its just a bit random) and for a girl who was dancing in a club with her random guys, she's suddenly soo shy when her dupatta flies away and keeps trying to cover whatever it was her dupatta was covering (which wasnt much anyway).  I mean its just random that she goes from wearing her regular dresses to wearing salwaar kameez lol

So this bring me to the quote I read about KASH "Once a lead always a lead"

Is this new change due to Shilpa transforming into the possible new female lead?  And is it sooo important in indian shows that the lead wear indian clothes and be this timid innocent time of creature.  I love whatever shilpa wears, but this is just a question about the reason for the sudden change

Im just happy Shilpa still has spunk and didnt go crazy when armaan touched her to show her how to fight.  I was expecting she wud pull a "Riddhima" and say Armaan wa trying to molest her lol 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

manjha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
lmao i wondered too... :S but i LOVED your PULL A RIDDHIMA :P
Amber_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i've been trying to think of all the possible reasons why they would want her to wear Shalwar kameez all of a sudden. but then again im one of those few who liked her better in western clothes, and those white shalwar kameez were somewhat better too.
awh ok i know what im saying isnt related to your post so ima shut up.
I miss the western clothes a lot!
Salwar kameez is alright once in a while!

* The reason she's wearing salwar kameez is this line she said "Mein Armaan kay liye sajna chate who"

But I hate that all female leads wear desi clothes I mean what's wrong with wearing modern clothes?! I hate this streotype and I so want the western clothes back.
Amber_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ASALUV

I miss the western clothes a lot!

Salwar kameez is alright once in a while!

* The reason she's wearing salwar kameez is this line she said "Mein Armaan kay liye sajna chate who"

But I hate that all female leads wear desi clothes I mean what's wrong with wearing modern clothes?! I hate this streotype and I so want the western clothes back.

i KNOW!! she looked SO adorable in those dresses. urghhhH!!!!
MistyDawn thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i was thinking the same! The transformation of  Shilpa from that spunky,confident girl to this girl who gets all tongue tied and nervous infront of Armaan IS STILL to an extent understandable coz she is fast falling for Armaan..But whats with the costume transition? LOL! i cudnt utd how she started wearing salwar kameez all of a sudden,when she herself wanted to hide that side of her personality from others! and eversince she has started wearing salwar kameez, the naughty dupatta either keeps flying or gets stuck in Armaan's belt,shirt button,wrist watch !! Its weird,that the same shilpa who danced to dhanno in an ultra sexy short dress with guys all around her is now suddely overwhelmed with shyness and embarrassment if that ribbon of a dupatta is not on her body!
JShukla thumbnail
Lol.......And I thought I was the only one bugged with the costume transition. Nothing against Slawar/Kamez/Dupatta dress.
But if we use it to portray a female's goodness, I don't agree.

Shilpa could carry her western dresses really well....... and I would have been okay, if at the end of the fight Armaan had naughtily wispered in her ear to come to Sanjeevani in her secret avataar.... I would still enjoy it...... ! And how come she knows that Armaan would like her in ethnic dresses and not in western? I mean, she is not even aware that AR were a pair earlier.😵
Good topic yaar. I just wanted to get this out of my system.

shamil thumbnail
obviously for the dupatta scenes , lol
noe23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
From the story point of view, I don't find any logic in her sudden change of costumes. But, from TRP point of view, dupatta is the star of the show, so it had to comeback .

Not only her clothes, even her demeanor has changed. Again, that can be justified that she is falling in love and even tom-boyish girls behave that way (yes, have seen that in real life). But, now the dreaded dialogues have also made re-entry - "Mujhe jana hain...". Remember, Shilpa as Riddhima's favorite dialogue was "Mera haath chhodo" and earlier it was "Mujhe jaana hain". I wonder why would creatives do that. Ek taraf they complain ke we can not bring fresh stories, concepts because audience doesn't accept it, and dusri taraf when audience is accepting and loving something different, they are going back to their old tactics. People who are expert at petioniong should start a petition to bring back Shilpa's old avatar 😉.

Or, may be, with KSG leaving for Brazil, CVs were in hurry and brought back bankable star - Dupatta. Once he is back, things will be back to normal. 😆
Edited by noe23 - 13 years ago
abhi_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
The reason is that the so called creatives have no creativity to kick start a probable chemistry between a couple in a different manner! Thats why they keep repeating the same things on all the couples and that's why the girl has 2 wear a salwaar-kameez with a duppatta.

MIND IT, they wud never show a girl in a salwaar kammeez without a duppatta because the dupatta is the most important factor to hook a couple! And thats why we have the not-so-usual girl of cinevistas turing into a usual girl of their's..
Edited by Esha.ARian4rlyf - 13 years ago