FF-I like the way it hurts-1/11ch17pg58+NOTE pg 59

soapsick thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi guys, this is the first FF I'm writing...hope you'll all like it 😊

~~***~~
~

This story is about an obedient son and an ambitious daughter, unrealised, unfulfilled love...together yet miles apart...

Balraaj Maan & Lalit Juneja are friends in Ludhiana, Punjab. Before them, their fathers Baldev Maan & Surinder Juneja were friends and so were Baldev & Surinder's fathers. The Maans and Junejas have been like family for three generations and Baldev & Surinder are in the cotton business. They are not multimillionaires but are comfortably well doing and educated yet a little backward. Baldev Maan's eldest son Balveer secretly loves Surinder's daughter Kuljeet. The families are ecstatic when they find out as they had secretly wished to get the two kids married and thus fix Balveer's wedding with Kuljeet.

The families are conservative so it is assumed that Kuljeet will be okay with the union and she is never asked, what the two families don't know about is Kuljeet's secret love affair...and Kuljeet doesn't say a word as she thinks her parents will never give in to her wishes.

The wedding day approaches and Balveer is on cloud 9...the baraat reaches Juneja house and as Surinder's wife Saraswati and older daughter Jasmeet go to the bride's room to bring her to the mandap they find her missing, her bridal dress and jewelery on the bed and a letter saying she can't marry Balveer as she's in love with someone else and is leaving with him...she begs for everyone's forgiveness and wishes Balveer a happy life and a partner who will be worthy of him...

There's chaos...the Junejas are in shame, people start shouting and hurling accusations in confusion and Baldev's youngest son Balwant and his wife Daljeet are the ones who fight the Junejas the most...Daljeet is pissed at the Junejas as she wanted her sister Harpreet to marry her brother in law and Balwant sees this as a opportunity to separate the family business from the Junejas as Surinder is not in favor of moving to Calcutta which according to Balwant has more opportunities...

The elders somehow control the situation and the Maans leave...

12 days later

It's truce between the Junejas & Maans, things are slowly getting back to normal but Balveer has become ghost-like. Everyone in Maan house knows how much in love Balveer praji was, they don't have the guts to face him and one day he locks himself in his room...a gunshot is heard and Balraaj and Balwant run up to their elder brother's room, they call out to him and break in when he doesn't answer

The whole room had been decorated with red roses as these were Kuljeet's favorite flowers, Balveer had never allowed anyone to remove them even though they had withered and on the bed, in the middle of red roses lay Balveer, dead...with a gunshot to his head...he had committed suicide...

Balveer's funeral- the Junejas arrive and as they are entering the house Balwant gets up and blocks their way in...a shotgun in his hand he looks furious, Balraaj runs up to his brother and says ey ki hai Balwantay? what are you doing? Chachaji nu gun dikhan di himmat kitti?? maafi maag!! Let him come in!! to which Balwant says maafi?? have you lost it bhai ji?? sadday veer ji dey qatalan nu maafi maangon? you want me to let them in? never!! had it not been for this man- Surinder Juneja's bad charactered daughter our veer ji would have been alive!! Laughing, happy!! instead of lying there...DEAD!! you want me to say sorry? look at bauji..ma...they have lost their life!! all because of this family!!

Balwant's accusations are like fuel to fire and Baldev breaks all relations with the Junejas. Surinder is heartbroken but can do little to convince his friend. In the days that follow the business is divided...the Maans leave for Calcutta with their share and the Junejas stay in Ludhiana.

A year later, Lalit who is more interested in the rising financial services sector and banking leaves for the USA to do MBA and is shocked to meet Balraaj in his university...the two friends reconcile and after getting their degrees return to India.

Balraaj goes to Calcutta and Lalit to Ludhiana. They get married, little do they know that their wives Gayatri and Teji are also best friends, the two friends return to New York with their wives and their bond is strengthened when they discover that their wives are also best friends.

In the meanwhile, Baldev and his wife who were never the same after their eldest son's suicide die in Calcutta...Balwant manages the family business and Balraaj tells him he can keep charge of it as Balraaj is happier being a corporate executive.

they move to Delhi 5 years later and join a bank where they're both given senior positions. Their wives are lecturers in a college. As Lalit is an only son and his other sister Jasmeet is married and settled, Surinder and Saraswati move to Delhi to be with their son & DIL...they're elated to know that Balraaj has forgiven them but depressed to no end when they discover that his parents are dead. The Maans and Junejas live next to each other.

YEARS LATER...

Balraaj & Teji have three kids- Nihaal-26, Heer-22 & Meher-20

Lalit & Gayatri have 5- Prem-26, Kulraj-25, Harman-23, Preet-22 & Veera-20

Nihaal & Prem are best friends and were sent to a boarding school in Nanital when they were 10. Nihaal goes back to Delhi as often as he can but Prem prefers to stay back in Nanital as he's always doing something or the other- studies, extra curricular activities- you name it, he's good at everything. He's not very intelligent but is someone who has a strong sense of responsibility towards the family and feels the need to be good at everything to make his parents proud.

Thus we know that Heer & Prem haven't grown up together and haven't seen each other much...she was 6 when he left and her best friend is his younger brother Preet who talks about his genius PB all the time...

After school, Prem got a scholarship to MIT in America and studied electrical engineering there. He later worked for a company in Chicago for two years before going to Harvard to get an MBA. At 25, he got an offer to head an electronics company in New York but he turned down the offer as he felt his family needed him in Delhi, he joined LG electronics in Delhi as Head of Operations and his doing good.

His friend Nihaal is a chartered accountant who also works in Delhi. Nihaal is secretly in love with Kulraj but was never able to say it and Kulraj got married to Kiran 5 years ago and has two kids, Vikas-4 and Tanu-2. No one knows Nihaal loves Kulraj, she thinks of him as a friend, he pines for her and plans to stay single forever despite several attempts from Teji to get him married.

Harman just graduated from law school and joined a firm.

Preet graduated from college and works in a call center while he's part of a struggling rock band and jams with them frequently despite requests from his mom & eldest bro to do MBA. Lalit disapproves of him big time as he sees his other two sons doing well in their chosen fields but Preet's grandparents, eldest brother Prem and mom Gayatri keep saving his skin.

Meher & Veera are best friends too and are studying fashion.

Heer...what about her? She's beautiful, smart, intelligent and veryyy ambitious!! She earned a scholarship to Oxford and graduated in a business & finance and earned an MBA from London Business School {which is the best in the world for MBA according to Financial Times, Harvard is number 3} she now lives in London working in Morgan Stanley and plans to make it to the top of the company by the time she hits 30...that's 8 years away so she's definitely not returning to India and she's definitely not getting married...there's simply no time for it!!

~~***~~

So, that's the introduction guys...let me know what you think of it...comments and criticism are welcome...watch this space to know what happens to ambitious Heer and obedient Prem.

P.S. I didn't put up pictures cos all characters are from Kis Desh...Prem's grandparents will be played by Sarwasti babay from Kis Desh, more popularly known as Ba from Kyunki and Bapuji from Kyunki will play his dadaji Surinder Juneja

Ciao!! 🤗
Edited by soapsick - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapsick thumbnail
Index

Chapter 1- Differing Attitudes   ::   page 1

Chapter 2- Healing Wounds   ::   page 3

Chapter 3- Halfway House   ::   page 3

NOTE- Randomness   ::   page 4

Chapter 4- Insignificant When Around   ::   page 6

Chapter 5- Social Networking Faux Pas   ::   page 8

Chapter 6- A New World   ::   page 12

Chapter 7- Incomprehensible Attraction   ::   page 14

Chapter 8- Heebie-Jeebies   ::   page 17

Chapter 9- Maya Proposes...God Disposes ;)   ::   page 21

Chapter 10- Discombobulation Prevails!   ::   page 24

Chapter 11- It's never too easy!   ::   page 26

Chapter 12- Dealing With Change {Precap}   ::   page 28

Chapter 12- Dealing with Change   ::   page 30

Chapter 13- Changing Tactics   ::   page 34

Chapter 14- Mixed Bag   ::   page 39

Chapter 15- A Night to Remember   ::   page 44

Chapter 16- Morning After   ::   page 51

Chapter 17- New Beginnings   ::   page 58

PM List~ leave a comment if you want me to add you to the PM list

khajju

shahrukh_divya

Naina2127

NIMMY

rhtpkcm

moon_mine

angelina_angel

kash_2007

cute_17deeks

Motibah

premheer19

sherma

harshadeewani

iheartChai

sadhz

-vandy-

snehaheer21

friendsforeverh

meetun66

sweet scorpio

sonia7

foxi

saniiaaa

monaghosh

harshaitixoxo

kiddu

resham12345

brainychild92

nisha1984

cute1122

alisha_harshiti

Ayesha103

Edited by soapsick - 13 years ago
khajju thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
interesting...continue soon and add me to ur pm list
MeraCheekuVirat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
cool...nyc yar do add me in ur pm liist....
-salma- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hiiiiiiii
awesome  n beautiful  
really loved it !!!!!!!!
do continu soon
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
great start :) continue soon and do add me to your pm list if you have one!

~Naina
soapsick thumbnail
Hey guys, thanks for the appreciation...here's the first part...all those who requested will be added to the PM list 😊

~~***~~

PART 1- Differing Attitudes

Delhi- 6 a.m.

Prem gets up early each morning and goes to a gym near his house. He works out religiously and well-toned body is proof to that. Getting home at 7:45 a.m. he takes a shower, changes and joins his family- everyone except Veera & Preet for breakfast. Veera has adjusted her lifestyle to suit her college timings and Preet, the less said the better it will be

At the breakfast table

Prem- good morning everyone

The family greets him back as he takes his place on the table. Lalit, Harman and Gayatri are all dressed for work. The Junejas make it a point to have breakfast and dinner together no matter how busy everyone is during the day…Surinder & Lalit strongly believe in the saying that a family that eats together, stays together.

Gayatri- Prem, did you see the envelope I left on your desk?

Prem- what envelope? {confuse- Harman snickers}

Gayatri- {exasperated} the manila envelope!!

Harman- another one of ma's attempts to get you married bhaiya…and congratulations, she put up your profile on shaadi.com last night

Lalit, Surinder and Harman laugh…Prem groans

Prem- maaaa!! You did not have to do that! I've told you I will marry the girl of your choice, just make sure she's able to fit into the family and take care of everyone…that's all I want from my partner

Surinder- you mean you don't want a working woman? All nice girls these days are working beta

Prem- dadaji I'm not opposed to marrying a working woman…ma's been working, but look how she takes cares of the family

Everyone nods in agreement, Gayatri is the ideal bahu, mother and wife…she's done well as a lecturer but is a superwoman at home, never tires and manages to take care of everyone's likes and dislikes…

Gayatri- Prem, I've told you that is not how I want you to get married…you work too hard and you worry too much about the family…you need to like the girl you'll marry

Prem- ma, I'm getting late for work…I'll be late in the evening have a meeting at the country club

Harman- as am I…bye everyone

The two brothers leave for work

Saraswati- I have been watching this scene for a year now Gayatri, I appreciate the fact that you want him to fall in love and think about something other than family and work but at this rate, we'll never see him married. Perhaps we should do this the old fashioned way, find him a girl…get them married and they will fall in love…like we did

Lalit- I think ma's right…Prem is a shy kind of boy…we need to get him married to a girl of our choice, I'm getting late for work too, Gayatri your car is in the garage…do you want me to drop you off?

Gayatri- no, I have a class at 11 a.m., I will go with Teji, you go on

There's a similar situation at the Maan's next door. Balraaj, Teji and Nihaal are having breakfast as Teji tries to convince Nihaal for marriage, but Nihaal who is usually cool as a cucumber gets angry when he hears the word 'marriage'

Nihaal- maaa, how many times have I told you? I don't want to get married!

Teji- and I keep asking why? Do you plan to stay single forever?

Nihaal gets a little nervous at this, he wants to say yes but he can't as he knows his parents will never agree to it and pester him to get married so he says- no, I need another 2 years

Teji- but you said that two years ago too!!

Nihaal- and I will say the same if you keep pestering me!! I have to go to work now…bye

After he leaves, Teji- Balraaj, what are we going to do? Nihaal keeps evading marriage, Heer just finished her education and refuses to come back to India or get married, Meher is studying in that godforsaken fashion school! Hai rabba!!

Balraaj- give Nihaal the time he wants and please get over the fact that your youngest daughter is an aspiring fashion designer, there's not much we can do about it now and I ask you burai kya hai? It is better than being a model!

Teji- burai hai…bohot bohot burai hai…you know so many of these so called aspiring fashion designers quit their studies to become models or actresses…you know what our relatives are like Balraaj! They still haven't gotten over what happened years ago {Balraaj's facial expressions change at that} they will roast us alive with their gossiping if Meher joins the glam world

Balraaj- Teji, I trust Meher, she knows what's acceptable to us…she's promised me that she will never be a part of that circus industry and then she…

Teji cuts him off- and what about your princess? Heer? You never say anything to her!

Balraaj- give her a year in London, she has studied hard for her degree…she deserves to enjoy the benefits that come with a good education and working abroad for some time will do wonders for her career…just tell her to let you know if she likes someone, if she doesn't and we get a good proposal for her, I will talk to her

And the day goes on for the two families…Meher and Veera leave for college at 11 and Preet comes groggily down the stairs at noon rubbing his eyes wearing a faded Levi with all star sneakers, a Dockers shirt with the top four buttons open and a chain with a dog tag round his neck…he has a bag pack on his shoulder…Surinder and Saraswati who are watching Ramayan on TV look up at him

Saraswati- agaya mera puttar? Let me get you some breakfast

Surinder- nahi Saraswati, let him watch Ramayan with us, Preet puttar, you can have lunch with us in a hour

Preet- arre…nahi I have to be at work in half an hour, I have an apple in my bag…that'll do…tell ma I will be late

Surinder- why tell her? You never come home before 2 a.m. anyway! And what kind of a job is this puttar? You will start work at 12:30? Prem breaks for lunch at 1!!

Preet- dadaji, we've been having this discussion for 2 years, I work in a call centre, my shift starts at 12:30 in the afternoon ends at 9 in the evening, then I go to Rishi's house where we jam…I can't come before 2 cos we need at least 4 hours a day to make music and since chand ji didn't allow my buddies to use the room on the roof here, I have to be at someone else's house whose parents are kind enough to not call our music noise…!! Bye..

Surinder and Sarawasti laugh as Preet leaves and shout- please puttar, drive that bike of yours carefully!

At Preet's workplace 12:30 p.m. IST, the first thing Preet does when he gets to work is call is best friend Heer in London and crib to her about everything in his life for half an hour as she's on her way to work…he gets his workmates to cover for him in the meanwhile and since Preet's always there for them in need they're all very accommodating and ensure that the supervisor doesn't find out. Preet and Heer have been best friends since they were toddlers and went to the same school. Preet misses Heer very much and although she always pushed him to study hard and tried to convince him to study abroad, he refused. A smile automatically spreads on his face as the call goes through…she always picks up on the third bell…

Heer- hey

Preet- hai hai!! {dramatically}

Heer rolls her eyes, chuckles and says- ab kya hua?

Preet- chand! I got home at 4 yesterday, he didn't let me come in

Heer- oh no!! but tu bhi na Preet! That's very late!

Preet- yeah but Rishi wrote these amazing lyrics and I was trying to put a tune together on the guitar when Shweta came up with this amazing idea that…uh forget it! I know you're not interested in my music…and my PB is the real rockstar! He convinced chand and let me come in, so all is well!

Heer- A- I am interested in your music, only that I think you need to do something with your life and make music a hobby…or at least get a post grad degree so if you're unable to make it big with music at least you'll have a backup plan in life! And B- your PB is wholly responsible for your rakish ways! One night Preet Juneja!! Had he made you stay out for one night you would've come home whining…begging for forgiveness!

Preet- oh come on!! Why are you so practical? Loosen up girl! At this rate you'll forever stay a virgin, never get married and end up an old rich hag in a classy London apartment! What a royal waste of life!! You need a man Heer! Go out!! Mingle! Find a guy! And if you can't…let ma & pa find a change Punjabi munda for you and settle down

Heer- ugh!! Why does everything have to revolve around a guy? I don't need a man and I am NOT a virigin! {she says the last a bit too loudly and earns speculative stares from the packed train that she's in and reddens, silently cursing Preet}

Preet- really? Who was he?

Heer- who was who?

Preet- the guy you lost your virginity to {he has a devilish smile on his face}

Heer- a guy at Oxford

Preet- what's his name?

Heer- uh…I don't remember, we just met randomly

Preet- uh huh…{he knows she's lying} what did he look like?

Heer- he was cute…

Preet- was he blind?

Heer- what? Why would he be blind?

Preet- no wait…deaf, dumb and blind?

Heer- you're irritating me! He was perfectly normal!

Preet- still he made out with an insane control freak like you? {guffaws}

Heer- shut up Preet!! I'm nearly there…I need to hang up

As Heer leaves the DLR she thinks about what Preet said, will I really end up like that if I don't find a guy soon? I've worked so hard for this! My life is simple and uncomplicated…I don't need a man to mess it up…I have everything I ever dreamt of…a good education, a great job…independence…I am on the road to success and I don't need a speed breaker! Preet and his idiotic analogies can go to hell!! She thought as she entered her office and nodded and smiled at her secretary Stella…the corner office on the 60th floor strengthened her conviction…she had an amazing view of the docklands and the river Thames…London was at her feet…she was on her way up! Beware everyone…Heer Maan is going to rule the corporate world!

Delhi, India- 1 p.m.

Prem is having lunch with the Chairman of his firm, Mr. Indrajeet Khurana.

Inder- Prem, you've done very well in the one year that you've been with us…I hope you realize how important you are for us

Prem- thank you sir

Inder- I have good news for you…bad for me…our European headquarter in London has offered you a post, Head of Operations- Europe. That means 4 times the salary you're getting now…amazing fringe benefits and a shot at CEO- Europe in 5 years because that's when the current CEO Colin Anderson retires…bad for us at LG India as we lose our best man…but corporate thinks you'll be able to contribute more if you're in London

Prem- I appreciate that sir, but I'm afraid I'll have to turn it down

Inder is flabbergasted- why Prem? you've got to be insane or drunk to turn that offer down!

Prem- I know I should be thrilled but I believe my family needs me here with them…I've become a good corporate executive…I need to be a good son, grandson and brother now…

Inder- but Prem…

Prem- I'm sorry sir, I will write a letter to them and turn down the offer

Inder- you will do nothing of the sort now young man! Even if you are to turn down the offer…I want you to take a week and think about it…

Prem- there's no point…

Inder cuts him off- I don't care…take the week anyway

Prem- whatever you say sir, but my answer won't change

Inder's deep in thought and says to himself…oh yes it will Prem…yes it will!

~~***~~

To be continued...let me know what you think of it...like I said, comments and criticism are welcome...😊 Ciao!!
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
he's rite.. it will change!! continue soon!!
zzzzzzzzzzfffff thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
this is awesome! you are a great writer! i love the story and characters so far! i love preet and heer's relationship! I love Heer's headstrong personality! i am hoping for a meet track though! thanks for the update!
MeraCheekuVirat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
part 1 awsum yar...preer co chweet....wil be wa8in for prem n heer....