bDgT thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Okay, u guys are gonna think I am gone bonkers or wonky again!

Fear 'e not my angels!

My premises are as follows:

The mere fact that Geet has a past
The path was laid for Maan to have a past
Just to prove the mathematical equation that

-          x                 -             =            +

That two negatives make a positive. If that is the clause then I think that premise sucks. At least for me, it does!

In this day and age of divorces, second marriages, marriages between spouses who have children from previous marriages, marriage between young guy- older woman, marriage of convenience, marriages that are against societal norms or any strictures, open marriages,

it is SO NOT NECESSARY:

- That both have a past! 
- That both need to be wounded in a previous love!
- That both need to have been victims of a previous failure.
- That both need to be sufferers to come together.

I think we need NOT take recourse to such a typesetting.
Or that we need to justify love that could happen to anyone and everyone unless if they happen to be barbarians at the gates of hell.

Let's please not clutter the setting of a love that can be all encompassing and all overpowering.

A love that can go against any stipulation or standard.
A love that can silence the storm and bring about a calm.

Does it mean that if ONE of the people in love does not have an equally painful past they cannot accept the other person's past?

Is that love? OR is it conformity and conditioning? Is it not just like saying that unless both of us are sufferers we will fail to understand each other and stand by each other.

-  x  -    =  +  is okay in Mathematics but NEED NOT NECESSARILY APPLY to LIFE or LOVE to make sense of either life or love.

For MAAN to love GEET and understand her past, he need not have to have had a past nor does he need to be a victim to understand someone else's pain. That is a fallacy on which life does not depend on in some instances. Romantic idealism? Well, absolutely!

- Luv
Bridgette

Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
👏...true true..both need to heal each other...
bDgT thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_chilly

👏...true true..both need to heal each other...

Why can't he be the healer and she the receiver? Why should HE also be the injured?
bDgT thumbnail
I guess this is a not-so popular opinion :-)
Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago
MishtyShona thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
very much true.. I have said this long b4 in my post...
An extract of my post
Ppl want Maan to have a failed affair so that he can connect with it n accepts her with her past..
I feel it will give out the wrong signal... Y is it necessary that a person has to undergo the same situ to understand the others plight????? Y one cannot appreciate the others past without having a past of his own????
Watever happened to geet is very much practical, so for a girl like her to be able to live happily she must only have a guy with a simillar past only???? How practical is it... Y can't we appreciate n sympathise with some1's pain without having suffered the same...
Wouldn't it be great if they show Maan accepting geet with her past without him having the same..I feel it would be the best thing shown... It'll greatly increase the respect n love ppl have for MSK's character.. It'll give out a strong msg that we can be considerate to others difficulties n can help them or accept them with it...
Other wise it'll be a been there n done that kind of a scenario...
Geet is supposed to be different n i hope it will be...

I want Maan to accept geet for wat n how she is. Sympathise with her n love her for wat she is n not bcoz wat u have gone through... I want love n only pure selfless love to bind Maneet n not sympathy... If maan has a past then it'll be sympathy that will attract him to geet not love...

A son is usually very close to his mum.. If Maans mum ditched him, it perfectly explains his detachment from relationships n emos... It'll justify his bitterness n views regarding women... A mum's betrayal will give more authenticity to the story than a GF's disloyality..
So am keeping my fingers crossed that Sameera is his mum or else she was related to vicky or some thing...Plz no GF buisness...

full post on
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1449696

Edited by swatichowdhury - 13 years ago
SuhaniSonia thumbnail
I am ok if he has been hurt also but I agree that it does not need to be the case to justify their love story. Unfortunately, it does appear that that is in fact the direction the show is going in.

I really enjoy the way you write your posts. Well done!!
bDgT thumbnail

Originally posted by: SuhaniSonia

I am ok if he has been hurt also but I agree that it does not need to be the case to justify their love story. Unfortunately, it does appear that that is in fact the direction the show is going in.

I really enjoy the way you write your posts. Well done!!

Thanks Sonia, now we've come to the crux of the matter. They are proving the math right once again, so life always follows math :-)

So like my Math Professor says always trust in the numbers not in people...but then I should tell him...trust the numbers and people follow
VJ-LNMDJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I agree. True love accepts the persons as they are , it is not necessary that they shud have gone down the same paths in life .... the acceptance of the other as he/she is , is the most beautiful premise of true love...the way I see it....

VJ
ManishaRox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Totally agree... Nice post btw. Just because one has been betrayed doesn't mean the other one has to be betrayed for them to accept their past... If they really love each other they should understand and support the other persons regardless of their past...

xxmanisha
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I agree with you but people often find it difficult to accept a story where the female lead has a past while the male lead does not. It is OK the other way around. I don't understand this discrimination.  The Maaneet fic titled "Strangers"  which I have just posted deals with this very issue. The original of this fic was a Michi fic which kicked up a lot of controversy when I had posted it a year ago.