Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
come on....it's their wedding they can do it whatever they want (looks hybrid yes....hindu/sikh/western). aren't these so common now? and they are not that religious anyways....๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by LifeOLicious - 13 years ago
persistence thumbnail

[quote]LOL the mom was feeding them alcohol DURING the ceremony?? Woahhh๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜† [/quote]

๐Ÿคฃ no, not during the ceremony. this was after, and before the bidaii. My only thing is that if you want to do something (like a wedding  ceremony in a religion which is different than yours), at least preserve the integrity of the process. Otherwise, what is the point? It seems like it was done for the heck of it. Not 'cause they cared for the tradition or anything.
Edited by persistence - 13 years ago
waterlily_126 thumbnail
that was a very nice bollywood gathering...
1. desu what is the story behind, nitu and her kids not attending a ghar ki shaddi and even when rishi K. came lolo was not natural like the other uncles, she went and huged everyone but she was told to hug rishi by her father ?

-- the sweetest part was how Akshay K. huged lolo.. so sweet and natural

-- i am sure govinda and salman were cracking some jokes, they always do ( both are looking so young as well )

thank u
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

come on....it's their wedding they can do it whatever they want (looks hybrid yes....hindu/sikh/western). aren't these so common now? and they are not that religious anyways....๐Ÿ˜Š

Maybe I'm old-fashioned then...but I believe that a more sober decorum should be observed during a wedding ceremony.....it's not about being 'religious' or not....it's about respecting the religion and it's rituals if you choose to partake in them.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: persistence

[quote]LOL the mom was feeding them alcohol DURING the ceremony?? Woahhh๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜† [/quote]

๐Ÿคฃ no, not during the ceremony. this was after, and before the bidaii. LOL oh you mean when they cut the cake, right? LOL yeah I saw that๐Ÿ˜† My only thing is that if you want to do something (like a wedding  ceremony in a religion which is different than yours), at least preserve the integrity of the process. Otherwise, what is the point? It seems like it was done for the heck of it. Not 'cause they cared for the tradition or anything.Completely agree....that is exactly what I feel too.

persistence thumbnail

lol, yeah... cross culture ceremonies happen all the time. But they can preserve the integrity of the traditions though. It has nothing to do with being religious..... just courtesy/respect for something that is different, especially if they are going to try it. My cousin got married in the gurudwara, and the guys parents did the sindoor etc. at my cousin's place, and not in the middle of the other ceremony. Any who, to each their own. My only issue is disrespectful behavior, however unintentional.
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't know....I really don't care how someone decides to do their wedding and what they do in it. Their wedding....their personal thing. It's unfortunate it's out in the open for people to comment on. Anyways each to their own :)
cola_gul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow. dude thats awesome lol
AreYaar thumbnail

I don't know....I really don't care how someone decides to do their wedding and what they do in it. Their wedding....their personal thing. It's unfortunate it's out in the open for people to comment on. Anyways each to their own :)

The ceremony of any wedding has some basic rituals which have some sanctity to them for a reason....if you're going to do those rituals, do them properly and with respect or don't do them at all....otherwise what's the difference b/w a wedding ceremony and any average party?? Why even bother with the ceremony at all???

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Sikh wedding happened bcz Sunjay Kapur's family Believes in Sikh Religion and they wanted wedding as per Sikh way , late Raunak Singh who started Apollo Tyres empire is Sunjay Kapur's Nana (Grandfather ) , and i guess they also put manglasutra and sindoor just for the sake of doing it for example they changed rings while sitting down there same they also put manglasutra as Karishma is hindu .....but it cld be very much done later on , ..

liquor and Stuff was later on as till then Baba ji's Saroop was Not there for sure

but yah some ppl were not covering there heads I also noticed specially those who were standing, some ppl shld have take this responsibility to make sure everyone is covering their heads........

Neetu Singh and her children were not at the wedding , but Rishi Kapoor was there , well known fact neetu singh and her children are not close to Karishma and kareena family but all Kapoor Brothers sisters are very close so Rishi was there, Karishma's Cousin also didn't attend the wedding who is married to Shweta Nanda not sure abt her Bua (Sweta's Saas) if she was there or not.....Edited by minnie.reet - 13 years ago