How life would be with Anita....

taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Thinking about what Koki said to Kinjal in yesterday's episode, "bacha zeher maange tho ma zeher tho nai dethi".........she is basically talking about anita. Koki truely and honestly wanted a bahu that has maan, marada, sanskar and indian customs. Perfect Indian women. She doesn't like Rashi because she knows that she isn't what she makes herself appear to be. Taking this in contex and the way Anita looks for the short period of time we saw her, seems like she too would have had difficulty adjusting. Hence, would it have really given Ahem happiness? You can't trick a old dog new tricks, Koki would have been koki(cranky, grump, arrogant, strick, mean). Ahem would have without a doubt taken Koki's side in everything, if he can leave his love in a heartbeat for his mom, I don't think that man would ever stick up for you. This would have created a lot of problems between Koki and Anita, with Ahem caught in the middle. I am 100% sure Anita would have stayed quite for a few days, but when her limit struck she would have told Koki off and would fight the abuse. Gopi doesn't say a single word to Ahem about what happens between her and Koki, sort of keeping Ahem out of bad situations. Gopi I think wouldn't say anything even if Ahem did love and respect her. Anita would have never been able to do that. So in a way, Koki did save Ahem a lifetime of pain. I  am not saying anyone is right or wrong. But Koki did save her son from a lot of grief that he doesn't and wouldn't know how to face.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i'll sure come with my views later after doing updates...
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I don't agree. Being a mother of 2 young boys I can say a mother doesn't have the to right to decide to that level if a woman is good for her son or not especially if he has fallen in love with her. At some point you have to give your grown children the benefit of the doubt and respect that they know what is good for them. If they make the wrong decision then they have to live with the consequences of those decisions.   In this day and age there are a lot of educated women who live in the modern world but that doesn't make them less Indian or that they have less Indian culture and sanskar. I totally disagree that in order for you to be an " Good Indian" you have to be like Gopi. There are a lot of different ways to be Indian...by wearing jeans you don't lose your maan, marada, sanskar and indian customs.

Being a good bahu or indian (or from anywhere on the sub-continent) is about respecting your culture, history, family, language and looking after elders.

What's to say Anita wasn't any of those. Koki wanted a bahu who she could control and manipulate ...it had nothing to do with Aham!!!Edited by lovtv - 13 years ago
MayaAli thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovtv

I don't agree. Being a mother of 2 young boys I can say a mother doesn't have the to right to decide to that level if a woman is good for her son or not especially if he has fallen in love with her. At some point you have to give your grown children the benefit of the doubt and respect that they know what is good for them. If they make the wrong decision then they have to live with the consequences of those decisions.   In this day and age there are a lot of educated women who live in the modern world but that doesn't make them less Indian or that they have less Indian culture and sanskar. I totally disagree that in order for you to be an " Good Indian" you have to be like Gopi. There are a lot of different ways to be Indian...by wearing jeans you don't lose your maan, marada, sanskar and indian customs.

Being a good bahu or indian (or from anywhere on the sub-continent) is about respecting your culture, history, family, language and looking after elders.

What's to say Anita wasn't any of those. Koki wanted a bahu who she could control and manipulate ...it had nothing to do with Aham!!!

wrong, being a good bahu is about being a good companion to the husband, culture, history family, language and elders have no part in it.
siddiqua thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
good one tara even i thut the same.........................but wen koki said zehar i felt maybe anita was not good and koki knew it so she saved her son................and see na  if umang had truly loved kinjal wudnt he had felt slightest pain wen kinjal informed about her marriage ..............so i think wen umang's love was not true then maybe ahem and sheetal love was also not true
taral83 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovtv

What's to say Anita wasn't any of those. Koki wanted a bahu who she could control and manipulate ...it had nothing to do with Aham!!!

Totally agree with you on women being modern yet traditional and that one should have the right to chose their life partner. That is y I stated that I am not saying who is right or wrong, but just analysing the characters, Koki would not have changed her ways which Anita wouldn't have been able to adjust to causing the typical Saas Bahu drama with Ahem in the middle. Ahem would have never given Anita support, making her life a living hell also. I am not saying that staying quite Gopi is doing the right thing, but she doesn't bring Ahem in the middle of her and her Saas's problems. I am talking about personality basically, not even modern or simple. To some extent, if I think it was better that Ahem didn't marry Anita, I think it would have broken their home into pieces with constant fights. Again this is just looking at the way they showed Anita.  If Koki wanted to change she would have agreed with Ahem, but there is not sight of that at moment and in that atomosphere I think Anita would have sufforciated.
Edited by taral83 - 13 years ago
ShellJA thumbnail

Originally posted by: MayaAli

wrong, being a good bahu is about being a good companion to the husband, culture, history family, language and elders have no part in it.

I should have said that in addition to loving the husband and his family and being attracted to the husband...but you still need respect to culture, history, language etc...

If it was only about companionship honestly I would get a dog...who needs all the aggravation of everything else!
Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@taral...good point to be discussed...
we all can never deny that Koki selected Gopi only keeping in mind to have a Bahu whom she can use to get the credit of having A Perfect Bahu, and also who can't share Aham's love.....
but indirectly it was good for Aham and Modi family also...as if Anita would have be the Bahu of the house she can never be as patient as Gopi is....and every single day she will try to poison Aham's mind against Koki but as Aham is Koki ka bhaqt he wolnt be able to digest all that...so there will be only one result Mahabharat all the time in the house which will have some major adverse effects also.....

and being indian bahu or Only A Bahu can not be related to the physical  appearance and the way of dressing up in any way...as it all about how a Gal handles the In-Laws house, their Expectations, their Love and Concern.....
She should not consider their Love and Concern as a Way of snatching her freedom...
their Expectation as a way to make her work all the time...
Only thing is a Gal should consider MIL as Mom and In-Lwas just like her parents and what all they are doing should not be considered as some thing to mistreat her......

As at last its A Relationship between her and her husband and the family which will remain in the future not anything else....

All My POV...no offence to anyone...
ShellJA thumbnail
@taral... agree with your analysis ...things are much easier for both Koki and Aham with Gopi in the joint family. I am enjoying the drama of the show.

But in reality who is to say someone like Anita wouldn't have made a good wife and wouldn't have adjusted to like in the joint family.
taral83 thumbnail
[QUOTE=lovtv]@taral... agree with your analysis ...things are much easier for both Koki and Aham with Gopi in the joint family. I am enjoying the drama of the show.

But in reality who is to say someone like Anita wouldn't have made a good wife and wouldn't have adjusted to like in the joint family.[/QUOTE]

I personally don't think so.......everyone is saying that you can't judge someone by appearance, but you can. Anita was ultra modern...which doesn't make her a mean or bad person. But it does say a few things about personality, one she had confidence, was indepented, strong, practical. I live in a joint family also and am just as modern as I am traditional, so I am not saying that modern girls make bad bahus, I just don't think a girl like Anita would have fit in a family like the Modi's.  I am only speaking about personalites of anita, koki and ahem.

Ahem didn't look back to her twice, even though he says he only loves Anita, he doesn't have the strength to stand up against his mother, so then that is not true love. In this case, Anita would have lost from both sides, a mean MIL and a half hearted husband. Even if she comprimised, I don't think she would have coped with it as good as Gopi is. Gopi want to ruin her reputation so they kick her out  so no one can raise a finger at her beloved Modi family. Anita would have faught for her rights. She faught for Ahem, so I don't think she would have taken a step back to fight for everyday issues. I also believe that the person blackmailing Kinjal is also Anita. If this is true, and I am not saying she is wrong or right, but she has a certain personality that I don't think fits with Koki and Ahem. Let me put it this way, Koki not only did a favor to Ahem but she did a BIG favor to Anita. Maybe we can't judge Anita because we really don't know how she was, but we can judge Koki and Ahem and they would have not done well with Anita.
Edited by taral83 - 13 years ago