A lifetime of Gratitude-ff maneet updt-149,154

geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
hey guys!!

let me know how you feel plz!!

She stared at the intricate mehendi pattern on her hands,reaching up till her elbows; remembering the last time her hands were painted this colour- the hopes she had then. Hopes for a new and bright future, a new beginning with a man who loved her and who she'd come to love. A happy future.

"no Geet.Stop thinking. Don't go there"

He stared at his reflection in the mirror, a man in love and yet...
His brother comes inside without him noticing,lost as he is in his musings.

"bro!! chalna nahi hai!?c'mon we're getting late" Vicki says
He leaves.

"Maan. Focus. You're doing the right thing." He looks as his eyes fill with tears- of longing and suffering. Wiping them on one of the hankies from his special "Geet collection". Smiling a little sad smile girls would have killed to wring from his persona..he went towards her room.

Geet had finished getting ready, controlled and detatched- Her heart filled with gratitude. Head lowered, she took one last look at herself, thought she looked like a bride, and met the eyes of the man who she was going to marry.

Heart starting to beat and convincing herself it was only nerves, she whispered

"you're not supposed to see me. Not good for marriage"

Maan inclined his head a little, and came to her

"I thought to come ask you one final time if you were okay with this. And to do this."

He wiped a stray tear on her left cheek, leaving behind a scalding trail, which she refused to acknowledge.

"I'm sure of this. And thank you Maan"

He leaves to go to the mandap. After some time, she follows..with something clutched in her hand.

At the mandap-
A very solemn ceremony where few people are present- Dadi, Vicky, Pinky,Adi, Munshiji and Sasha, Mr Chopra

They get married and Maan is asked to put the mangalsutra and sindoor.
Geet stops him with her hands.

Trembling she says.."ek minute panditji. Mujhe ek baat kehni hai"

she gets up, and with amazed eyes, Maan gets up too, wondering what happened, with his heart in his eyes.

"Maan. Mere liye yeh mangalsutra se zaada zaroori bhi kuchh hai. Yaad hai yeh kya hai?"

Maan stares at her, and then at what she's clutching in her hand.- The Taweez

He nods quietly and says a prayer thanking the Lord that it didn't get lost.

"Maan, yeh taweez jo mujhe hamesha aapse jodna chahti thi. Jisne mujhe hamesha sahi raah dikhai. Yeh taweez ki main bohot thankful hoon, because it made me meet a man like you. I want to thank you for marrying me and would request you if while you put the mangalsutra on me, you allow me to put the taweez before on you"

Maan said yes and she put it on, and then Maan put the mangalsutra.

Geet wiped tears from her eyes and thought to her self.
" kabhi kabhi jeewan-saathi wahi nahi hota jisse aap pyaar karte hain..kabhi kabhi..bas woh ek insaan hota hai jo jeewan bhar aapka saath deta hai"

Maan, also getting a little teary-eyed,yet hoped

"Yeh taweez phir se. Ab main isse hamsesha pehenke rakhoonga. Shayad ek din, Geet ko samjha paau ki maine usse shaadi kyun kari"

Sorry for the hindi guys..just thought it would lend more authenticity..let me know if you wish for me to continue..
First attempt :))

love to you

Hey guys! updated parts on pages
1(2 parts), 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 32, 34, 36, 39, 44, 47, 50, 52, 55,

58, 63, 68, 73, 78, 82, 86, 87, 92, 96, 101, 105, 109, 112 ,116 , 119, 123, 128, 131,138, 142, 146, 149, 154
Edited by geet.a - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

uzmakhan thumbnail
ooooooooooo this is realli gr8!
well done dear!
plz do continue!!
OH my....y m i thinking that geet doesnt love him???🥺
Durga1191 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I love it ....do continue ....love the mystery I would definelty want to know what's next 👏
pickle6586 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
ts nice geet...!!! i want to know why maan married her??? so, u have to continue...!!!!!  😛 

and u've created vicky as a positive character. that's cool...!!!! btw, what happened to dev and naintara???don't they attend their bade veerji's wedding????

u should have also told us about how sasha's face changed when maan and geet were at the mandap...i would have loved to see her face burn brighter than the fire around which maan and geet would take pheras!!!! 😆

-soumya
geet.a thumbnail
Saumya- thankie for the suggestion!! I got something in mind thinking of the pheras..oh well..i will put it all in a flashback sequence of Maan...after all wedding night pe..ahem ahem...

@Uzma and Durga- thank you!!!:))

geet.a thumbnail

Originally posted by: uzmakhan

ooooooooooo this is realli gr8!

well done dear!

plz do continue!!

OH my....y m i thinking that geet doesnt love him???🥺

Maybe she does..maybe she doesn't..she's too hurt and sore abhi..
craziekudi thumbnail

Originally posted by: geet.a

hey guys!!

let me know how you feel plz!!

She stared at the intricate mehendi pattern on her hands,reaching up till her elbows; remembering the last time her hands were painted this colour- the hopes she had then. Hopes for a new and bright future, a new beginning with a man who loved her and who she'd come to love. A happy future.

"no Geet.Stop thinking. Don't go there"

He stared at his reflection in the mirror, a man in love and yet...
His brother comes inside without him noticing,lost as he is in his musings.

"bro!! chalna nahi hai!?c'mon we're getting late" Vicki says
He leaves.

"Maan. Focus. You're doing the right thing." He looks as his eyes fill with tears- of longing and suffering. Wiping them on one of the hankies from his special "Geet collection". Smiling a little sad smile girls would have killed to wring from his persona..he went towards her room.

Geet had finished getting ready, controlled and detatched- Her heart filled with gratitude. Head lowered, she took one last look at herself, thought she looked like a bride, and met the eyes of the man who she was going to marry.

Heart starting to beat and convincing herself it was only nerves, she whispered

"you're not supposed to see me. Not good for marriage"

Maan inclined his head a little, and came to her

"I thought to come ask you one final time if you were okay with this. And to do this."

He wiped a stray tear on her left cheek, leaving behind a scalding trail, which she refused to acknowledge.

"I'm sure of this. And thank you Maan"

He leaves to go to the mandap. After some time, she follows..with something clutched in her hand.

At the mandap-
A very solemn ceremony where few people are present- Dadi, Vicky, Pinky,Adi, Munshiji and Sasha, Mr Chopra

They get married and Maan is asked to put the mangalsutra and sindoor.
Geet stops him with her hands.

Trembling she says.."ek minute panditji. Mujhe ek baat kehni hai"

she gets up, and with amazed eyes, Maan gets up too, wondering what happened, with his heart in his eyes.

"Maan. Mere liye yeh mangalsutra se zaada zaroori bhi kuchh hai. Yaad hai yeh kya hai?"

Maan stares at her, and then at what she's clutching in her hand.- The Taweez

He nods quietly and says a prayer thanking the Lord that it didn't get lost.

"Maan, yeh taweez jo mujhe hamesha aapse jodna chahti thi. Jisne mujhe hamesha sahi raah dikhai. Yeh taweez ki main bohot thankful hoon, because it made me meet a man like you. I want to thank you for marrying me and would request you if while you put the mangalsutra on me, you allow me to put the taweez before on you"

Maan said yes and she put it on, and then Maan put the mangalsutra.

Geet wiped tears from her eyes and thought to her self.
" kabhi kabhi jeewan-saathi wahi nahi hota jisse aap pyaar karte hain..kabhi kabhi..bas woh ek insaan hota hai jo jeewan bhar aapka saath deta hai"

Maan, also getting a little teary-eyed,yet hoped

"Yeh taweez phir se. Ab main isse hamsesha pehenke rakhoonga. Shayad ek din, Geet ko samjha paau ki maine usse shaadi kyun kari"

Sorry for the hindi guys..just thought it would lend more authenticity..let me know if you wish for me to continue..
First attempt :))

love to you

Wonderful... hope atleast they marry... and Maan knows the truth and remove deva nd naintara from his house 🥱😆😆😆😆😆😆....

+ One doubt.. Taweez to Maan ke paas hain na... I dont think Geet knows where Taweez is 👏👏👏👏

Still wonderful story dear.. lets all pray something like this happends and not the usual.. vamp stories.. i am abit fed upo of those !!!
geet.a thumbnail
Wedding night

Maan enters the room to find Geet...sleeping

"oie..she slept!?"

He comes in, looks at her tenderly,covers her up and brushes a stray hair from her cheek- just all that he had wanted to do before.

Feeling the luckiest guy in the world, he sits down on a chair and stares at her, and thinks back to how it happened...

A week ago

Pinky had come back home after work,and saw Geet on the bed.
She had asked her with concern if it was all okay. Geet looked at her and said
"pinky, There is something I have to tell you"

Maan Singh Khurana couldn't control his concern and had followed Pinky and slipped in unnoticed, just to see Geet once and see if she was okay.

Instead he had heard a convo that had turned his world upside down.

Geet proceeded to tell Pinky each and everything- not leaving out even a single detail, except MAan...She didn't mention anything about him because she didn't think he would appreciate it. Anyways, Pinky would start about Maan being all "DD"

Maan overheard all those details, and his heart turned to stone. He could not believe all these things. Confused and in anguish, like a wounded tiger,he kept pacing, and then...the stone that his heart had become melted when he heard

"I'm pregnant with his child"

He heard the pain, he heard the anguish and the uncertainty and his insides melted. Heat flowed through him...Cold heat. He didn't know what to do.
He slipped out
Unaware that the taweez that was his favourite companion after Geet slipped on the floor... Too heart broken to care, his eyes too filled to notice where he was going...
the broken shell of Maan Singh Khurana quietly walked out of the house where Geet was staying.

Jolted back to the present by Geet's slight snoring,
Maan thought of how many emotions this woman had made him feel- hate,irritation,anger, possessiveness,friendship,warmth,love,laughter,unconditional love.

The next day in office, he had been giving Geet some dictation and had asked her to marry him.
Geet stared at him..for once too stunned to do,or say anything.

They communicated with eyes. Didn't have to say anything. Maan told her instead about Dev and his mistakes, about Vicky and everything else in between.

By the time he finished, she sat there looking at the man who had hidden all his pain and love behind the stern mask of Dusht Danav.
She wondered what her course of action should be.
He knows,and yet he doesn't say anything. So strong he is,that he's willing to marry ME, for my sake.

She heard herself say yes.
She thought of the Taweez she had found that morning and how terrified she had felt on seeing it. She knew instinctively that Maan had it..all this time. Always, it was him, everytime.

Geet whispered to her baby "he will protect you"

Maan remembered her tear-filled eyes and his filled with unshed tears. He hid them behind a file and said in quite a normal voice

"we'll get married by the end of the week. Close and intimate wedding. Geet...you don't have to take notes for that.."

Smiling a little at each other, Geet left..both lost in their own thoughts.

Maan's thoughts. He had stopped thinking. He just knew that he had to protect her. It was pure protection on his part, that's it because he had gotten used to being her savior..and now when it mattered so much..

Geet was muttering in her sleep...too tired, too restless, her dreams filled with unseen shadows. She was looking for something, someone and there was no one around, just shadows.
She screamed...

MAan rushed to hold her hand and reassured her. She opened her eyes,saw he was there and didn't leave his hand.

She instead said,quite lucidly
" Maan Singh Khurana- Promise me you will always be here"

and then slept, without hearing what he had to say..
anufa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awsum.....

plz continue!!!👏
_SuMmEr_LoVe_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
omg this is just beautiful...just beautiful..
luved the tawezz idea...
yaar please carry on...
i really really luved it...