Do u guys agree with d psychiatirist

BayAreaGuru thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Do u guys agree what psychiatirist said to Veer that Addicts shouldn't be married and love can't really cure them (no matter how much u love them). It is d doc who can help and if they r married then their wife will suffer a great deed ?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rechup thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I totally agree with her, marriage is not a treatment for addiction.Edited by rechup - 13 years ago
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Even I agree to a certain extent...love is a cure for many things but not for drug addiction! First they need to get properly treated in rehab and love can be their strength!!!! Vansh should be admitted back to rehab by Ichha where she will look after him again and he will get properly cured! That way we get great Vancha rehab scenes again!!!
BayAreaGuru thumbnail
Actually Vancha marriage shouldn't have happened until Vansh was cured mentally
SRKLuvr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yeh but how wud the story have gone on then😆 now if we didnt already know the future plot id want ichha to put vansh back into rehab and help him there! we can have nice vancha rehab scenes again!
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

well i have seen cases personally where the spouse leads a miserable life wid a psychiatric patient,whether addiction,or psychosis...its seriously a myth tht wid love one can treat mental health problems..coz these patients dnt have the ability to register tht love and care 99% of times..they are completely out of control of their thoughts..reality register hone ke baad care and love nazar aayega na..for tht itself they need medical and psychiatric help..so families who actually let their patients stay in hospitals and rehabs shud not be judged..its a very painful decsion tho needed..am actually surprised they showed this in uttaran..amazed actually..

BayAreaGuru thumbnail

Originally posted by: anu rulz

well i have seen cases personally where the spouse leads a miserable life wid a psychiatric patient,whether addiction,or psychosis...its seriously a myth tht wid love one can treat mental health problems..coz these patients dnt have the ability to register tht love and care 99% of times..they are completely out of control of their thoughts..reality register hone ke baad care and love nazar aayega na..for tht itself they need medical and psychiatric help..so families who actually let their patients stay in hospitals and rehabs shud not be judged..its a very painful decsion tho needed..am actually surprised they showed this in uttaran..amazed actually..

So do d think they should marry anybody ?
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
see practically speaking,if they are married,its shud be to a person who has the strength not just to handle the conflicts of the person,bt to also draw a line beyond which the patient needs psychiatric help..otherwise no..my personal opinion..coz this person is not in a situation where he/she can handle or take responsibility of even his own self,how to support or take responsibilty of spouse??achha nahi lagta bolna,bt most of such cases,the spouse is a glorified nurse in reality..u cnt share happiness or sadness either ways in this relationship..and its worse when the spouse dsnt even know the extent of the diease,like it happens wid arranged marriages wid no full disclosure..
BayAreaGuru thumbnail
Yes I agree with u 100 % on that anu.
Vancha shouldn't have married to start with but all b'coze of Tapu baba and Nani, Ichcha was sort of forced into it. Only after Vansh would have become mentally stable for some time then there was a chance
I think all other family members also did wrong in thinking marriage is d solution to Vansh's problems
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
agree with aun n doc ,......yes they shouldnt be married as in way it wont help them but might even make their condition worse...........

love works for some situations not always ....... n it surely wont work for druggies....... as they  r very unpredictable than anyone ......... even in case of mad or mentally ill pppl we have some idea but with drugs nope ........... if vansh was atleast in recovery stage n married icha  it would have helped but no they kinda rushed ......... n showed something which is bitter truth but they could have showed something else like him being changed as a person once he had little control over life ...........

n in this case he is fighting with his fears n demons , n icha is not in  position to understand him as he is not ur paras............... paras n vansh had lot of difference in their addiction .................