30th June: Sid knew he had walked in....

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
..... on something awkward and emotional when he entered that ward to spot Riddhima and Armaan speaking to each-other. If you look at his face , you could see a myriad of reactions , thoughts and then, that smile which crept over his face as he walked in to tease is wife and irritate his friend. The first image that comes to your mind upon looking at this picture is the explosive Lonavla incident where Sid's reaction and the aftermath had been unadulterated venom having mistaken Riddhima and Armaan. You still remember Riddhima's frantic breakdown and Armaan's utter confusion and shock in regards to handling SR at that point of time.

Cut back to present. Sid doesn't know what they both were talking about but he knows that it was something emotional and upsetting. He doesn't ask them how, what or why? He just walks in like a gust of cool wind and brushes off the tense atmosphere. He cracks jokes , Armaan joins by calling him his pet 'Oye' and saying that he and Riddhima have better stuff to talk about than chant Sid's name all the time. Sid and Armaan take the temperatures and tensions to an altogether different route and for a few moments , you actually feel that you are seeing three friends conversing in a light-hearted manner. For Sid and Armaan, it is cool as they both , having been together , having known each-other have learned to deal with their angels and demons. But for Riddhima it is slightly unsettling - Armaan and Sid are two different lifetimes of Riddhima Modi and it is still time before she learns to be at ease with both of them criss-crossing each-other. And this is what Sid wants her to get comfy with. It is okay if you an Armaan were alone in this room - it is okay if you both were talking about something that i don't know about - it is cool with me. So, when Riddz scolds him for being late and he laughs saying that Armaan was not gonna kidnap her , then, what he is saying is not funny , it is profound. Basically, Sid is conveying to her that just as he has accepted Armaan as a part of Riddhima's life and taken him into his fold, similarly , Riddhima also has to accept the fact that Armaan is a part of their lives and just releasing Armaan from her strings and opening doors to his future where Sid and Riddz can be happy for him is not enough.

It is ironical when an angry Riddz told Sid that he does not understand and that he will never understand. Well. The truth is that he does and if he did not understand , none of these three people would have walked out of that room leaving behind what happened in those few minutes.

Love and luck always,❀️

GOD bless everyone. πŸ€—

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StarshineHues thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Totally, totally agreed. Sid knew he had walked in to something unsettling, and had he not reacted the way he did, it would've turned very awkward. He showed that he trusts Riddhima and that he trusts Armaan. He's come a long, long way from that Lonavla incident. He instantly put Armaan at ease. Riddhima, however, still hasn't come to terms with how Armaan and Sid can be so at ease with each other, and Sid yesterday showed her that it was indeed possible to accept your past and not let it shadow what the present and the future hold. Riddhima will learn that with time, I suppose.

As usual, awesome post Poco !!

-Aditi
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: StarshineHues

Totally, totally agreed. Sid knew he had walked in to something unsettling, and had he not reacted the way he did, it would've turned very awkward. He showed that he trusts Riddhima and that he trusts Armaan. He's come a long, long way from that Lonavla incident. He instantly put Armaan at ease. Riddhima, however, still hasn't come to terms with how Armaan and Sid can be so at ease with each other, and Sid yesterday showed her that it was indeed possible to accept your past and not let it shadow what the present and the future hold. Riddhima will learn that with time, I suppose.

As usual, awesome post Poco !!

-Aditi

True, Aditi. Sid trusts Riddhima , his wife and he sees Armaan as his friend now irrespective of his history with Riddhima. hat's why he could throw all the awakwardness and tension out of the window in one go. Sid and Armaan have shared their pain and heartbreak with each-other , so they are cool but Riddz has only Sid and until she tells him that she loves him and is assured that he is forever with her , she will be a wee bit nervy here and there. Above all, Riddz needs to see Armaan settled in life so that her guilt of not being able to do anything for him goes away.

I am glad you liked what I wrote. 😳

sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

pocsy with her pink pearl of wisdomπŸ€—πŸ€—..............

it was a very beautiful scene ,executed well and acted well.........even before sid came in ur heart cried when you saw AR there ...........riddhima telling armaan that those words were for...armaan completeing her sentence that he knows it were for sid and he is happy for her.........then riddhima asking how is he and immediately catching his lie............then her whole expression when she realized he had not moved on..........she was not guilty to have moved on ,she was not burdened with her past but what you saw was genuine care for a wonderful man standing in front of you who at some level stil is connected to you..........

when siddanth entered ,the whole rush of expressions on his face and finally a peaceful knowing smile as he entered with kya ho raha hain,kya baatein ho rahi hain.........the thing that stood out was the man who entered the scene was a husband and best friend whereas in lonavala when sid came across that scene he believed himself to be the third person but  not anymore.......hence his confidence and assurance to both armaan and riddhima standing before him.........

armaan i think understands siddanth much more deeper than riddhima because sidmaan really bonded irrespective of all the comic .......as sid learnt to understand armaan so did armaan.......hence he immediately caught the vibe and decided to lighten the atmosphere along with sid..........it was easier for both of them because for the past few months they have bared their heart out to each other abt riddhima........hence there was no awkardness there

but with riddhima she still is flustered becasue last time armaan and her were seen together ...sid had reacted in complete different manner.......she was shocked and suprised abt his lightness around armaan where as she gets tensed whenever she sees sid seeing her and armaan together..........hence her whole reaction and walking away along with hte weight of knowing that armaan still stands at that cross road ..........

i really wish to see a heart to heart talk between SR where siddanth assures her that he is ok with armaan around her and armaan will be a part of theri lives....just as u said...........riddhima needs to hear it from sid before she can let go of this awkwardness as she has always been more worried abt sid's reaction to armaan and her rather than her own and she has not witnessed much of the sidmaan bonding  other than knowing and seeing armaan helping sid .........she needs to know that armaan and siddanth have a bond which has nothing to do with riddhima and which has sprung from affection and respect for each other..........

i was happy that  riddhima and sid walking out of the room were not sad abt what they lost but happy abt the present and hopeful abt the future and as for armaan destiny plays games with him as he says no one can take riddhima ka place in his heart ...........fate intervenes and shows him his future,.....

.......armaan who had a flicker of hope for riddhima  needed to know from her that  she is rightfully sid's wife in every sense and will always be
Edited by sun29 - 13 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nitz very true I loved what you wrote and it was exactly what was happening
Mayb later someday Ridz might tell him what exactly happened and Sid might say yes i kinda understood what happened and thats why i  made the atmosphere lighter by teasing abt the kidnaap lekin honey  the kidnapping is  now legally mine and it was even on that day and kiss her with a wink !!!
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
NitzooooooooπŸ€—.................here is my input that I posted in the AT regarding SId's actions:

.Sid did not at all see the hug..........now had he seen the hug and then reacted the way he did......I would for sure have doubted his smartness and sensitivity..........Sid came in when AR where practically standing apart......let alone even close to each other........
But the moment he came in......he saw the tensed faces AR had on them.......he sensed that there was some tension going on.......but he doesnt really know wat exactly..........

Now wat is going to be very next reaction if u see ur other half and her/his ex flame together like that......not physically together or in close proximity but tensed.....u cant simply just say.......'sorry i guess i'll be back" or u cant simply just walk in and say......I hope I am not disturbing u guys or simply ask in normal fashion, is everything ok???? Coz all 3 SRA know where they stand in each other lives........
So at that very instant.....at the spur of the moment.........he thinks the best way (according to him) to ease out the tension and becomes his jovial self as if.........to him it doesnt really matter seeing AR together like that.........so that he can ensure AR does not feel awkward due to him and they also feel that he (sid) does not mind seeing them together like that......

Sid was oblivious to the exact scene (the hug).........but he was not oblivous to the tensed faces of AR..........he saw and acted on a spur of a moment the best way he thot he could at that point......

Throwing in that line that Ridz is back to our house was part of that innocence in which he was trying to ease out the tension.....had he known about the hug........he would defo not rubbed that in......he was simply tring to chear up their faces ..........esp. Armaan's.......he was making him feel that his efforts has not gotten to waste.......
Also...........I would like to say that Sid could possibly have thot that Armaan may have been trying to convince Ridz still to go back to his house.......coz obviously Armaan doesnt know this fact and the last Sid and Armaan met..........they were still working on pataoing Ridz.......

Now coming to Sid asking Armaan for help.......dont forget he considers Armaan his big bro......so keeping that in mind......just by mere asking ur elderly for help in messed up situations doesnt necessarily make u a child........its simply taking advice from someone whom u consider ur family....ur guardian..........ur elder hand.....
Honestly speaking.........Sid wasnt really asking armaan anything at all at point meaningly....he was simply doing wat he once said in the locker room that he needs help from him for him and thus by him asking that question he was simply providing his friendship and cheering him up as a friend who was saw his friend leaving the room in sadness with head down

Basically...............he was not the Sid we saw at the Lonvalva trip.......he now stands at different point in his relation with Ridz and today he walked in that room as a husband to ridz and a friend, a brother to armaan who loves them immensely and trusts them and feels part of them to such an extent that he can casually walk in without hesitation and make them feel comfortable each other infront of him..........make AR feel that Sid is part of them....😳

Edited by sajni786 - 13 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: sun29

pocsy with her pink pearl of wisdomπŸ€—πŸ€—..............

it was a very beautiful scene ,executed well and acted well.........even before sid came in ur heart cried when you saw AR there ...........riddhima telling armaan that those words were for...armaan completeing her sentence that he knows it were for sid and he is happy for her.........then riddhima asking how is he and immediately catching his lie............then her whole expression when she realized he had not moved on..........she was not guilty to have moved on ,she was not burdened with her past but what you saw was genuine care for a wonderful man standing in front of you who at some level stil is connected to you..........

That is so true, Sunny. Riddz did not run away like always. She stood there to face her past and asked him how he was. It is a big thing indeed, it really is. And like always, before Riddz, Armaan knew and understood her love for Sid. Beautiful. Isn't it?

when siddanth entered ,the whole rush of expressions on his face and finally a peaceful knowing smile as he entered with kya ho raha hain,kya baatein ho rahi hain.........the thing that stood out was the man who entered the scene was a husband and best friend whereas in lonavala when sid came across that scene he believed himself to be the third person but  not anymore.......hence his confidence and assurance to both armaan and riddhima standing before him.........

Yes. Sid is a different man from the Sid we saw in Lonavla. He knows he is no longer the third person. The two people standing in front of him are his wife Riddhima and his best friend Armaan.

armaan i think understands siddanth much more deeper than riddhima because sidmaan really bonded irrespective of all the comic .......as sid learnt to understand armaan so did armaan.......hence he immediately caught the vibe and decided to lighten the atmosphere along with sid..........it was easier for both of them because for the past few months they have bared their heart out to each other abt riddhima........hence there was no awkardness there

Hmmm.. I have often felt that. Armaan understands Sid much better at times than Riddhima and I think this began when SidMaan lived together and grew fond of each-other. That phase was important.

but with riddhima she still is flustered becasue last time armaan and her were seen together ...sid had reacted in complete different manner.......she was shocked and suprised abt his lightness around armaan where as she gets tensed whenever she sees sid seeing her and armaan together..........hence her whole reaction and walking away along with hte weight of knowing that armaan still stands at that cross road ..........

Absolutely.It seemed as though Riddz was expecting Sid to explode again but that did not happen and she was too burdened by a plethora of emotions and fears, so yeah , her reaction was understandable.

i really wish to see a heart to heart talk between SR where siddanth assures her that he is ok with armaan around her and armaan will be a part of theri lives....just as u said...........riddhima needs to hear it from sid before she can let go of this awkwardness as she has always been more worried abt sid's reaction to armaan and her rather than her own and she has not witnessed much of the sidmaan bonding  other than knowing and seeing armaan helping sid .........she needs to know that armaan and siddanth have a bond which has nothing to do with riddhima and which has sprung from affection and respect for each other..........

Bingo. 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳..... And only Sid can give that confidece and assurance to Riddhima.

i was happy that  riddhima and sid walking out of the room were not sad abt what they lost but happy abt the present and hopeful abt the future and as for armaan destiny plays games with him as he says no one can take riddhima ka place in his heart ...........fate intervenes and shows him his future,.....

.......armaan who had a flicker of hope for riddhima  needed to know from her that  she is rightfully sid's wife in every sense and will always beπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

AnnaNAshley thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ˜³πŸ‘
πŸ‘
yup but being wise he clearly wanted to lighten up the mood which he did
RhealitySux thumbnail
i agree too. in fact this serves as a reminder to those who hv been cribbin about sid being an immature wreck. scenes such as these show an emotional, sensitive as well as a very mature side to this amazing character bt ppl hell bent on looking the other way wont ever give him the credit. anyway, loved ur post n ur POV n i second dat wholeheartedly. kudos to u for pointin dat out n better yet, postin it !!

cheers !!
ANfan1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Loved ur take, Poco...

Sid acted so maturely when he entered the Viewing Gallery and saw that he had interrupted a temse AR moment! One look at his wife and he knew she was worried abt how he wud react!

Ridz reactions are understandle as she does not yet know how Sid will react when he sees her with Armaan!

Armaan knows what Sid was trying to do so went along with him to lighten the mood! Sidmaan are soulmates!