FF: Maaneet! You're the One! :) Ch.5 pg. 5 Jul 12

desilife thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey Guys,
I wanted to share a ff or rather a story in my head! hope you all enjoy it! Please kindly give your feedback if you read!

You're the One!

Chapter 1
Characters: Geet, Maan, Dev, Naintara (NT), Maan's mother and grandmother, Vicky (Maan's younger brother

Monday Morning, and the monsoon rain didn't seem to stop. As Geet slowly woke up from her deep sleep, she realized it had been quite a hectic life she was spending after her arrival to India's capitol hill. She remember how she felt when she first put her foot on Delhi's soil. She remembered being alone. She thought to herself, "Mein kal bhi itni hi akeli thi jitni aaj hoon"

It had been even 5 days since she arrived to Delhi. In desperate need to make something of herself within time limit of 9 months, she prayed, " Babaji, please meri help kardo! please!" with that prayer she went to get shower.

At breakfast table she saw Pinki and her dad.

Geet: Good morning uncle, good morning pinki.
Pinki n her dad: Good Morning Geet!
Geet: Sorry, I got late.
Pinki: Koi gaal nahi oye? ki faraq padta hai? ðŸ˜† with that Pinki started to eat faster and faster. Seeing her eat Geet lost her appetite.😆

Geet: Pinki, I have to leave early today for office, I have some pending work from yesterday that I need to finish.
Pinki: Ok, Geet, tum jaao, mein baad mein aati hoon. pata hai, mujhe kitani bhook lagi hai.

Geet entered the building, realizing the elevator was open she hurriedly walked in only to discover the hitler boss of hers was standing eagerly waiting for the door to close. As Maan saw Geet coming inside the elevator, he was surprised!😲 Maan thought, "What is she doing so early?" Obviously, his ego was hurting him so badly to even ask him any questions. On the other side, Geet thought to herself, " Why is Maan early today?" Of course, Geet didn't like to address Maan as sir, only when she was forced to say "SIR" in public, actually in his office while he was bossing her around.
Geet thought to herself,"Aab yeh saval pe javab karega? Pata nahi kon si university se graudate huwa hai? Hai rabba, yeh kya ho raha hai?"

And, to both of their convenience the elevator stopped at the 50 th  floor. 

Chapter 2

Geet started to rush out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened. Just then she heard Maan, "Geet, Please come to my office with the project files" Geet, who was displeased unwillingly turned and said,"Sure sir" Then they parted to their ways.

Geet to herself,"yeh bhi na ek khadoos mila mujhe, hi, hello bhi nahi bol sakta subh subh mein. ufff"

Maan: what is taking her so long? i just asked her for files.

Geet to herself,"Aab dekh na jab bhi mein enter karoogi tab se chilaayeinge"

Geet knocked on his door," May I come in sir?" the office was empty, no one had arrived yet, it was dead silence.

Maan: Yes, come in.

Geet: Here are your files! Is there anything else you need?

Maan: no, umm, actually, I don't want any disturbance the whole morning. Please make sure noone nobody bothers me including the staff.

Geet: Sure sir! Aur kuch?

Maan: Nahi.

Geet at her desk trying to finish up her pending work before the staff starts arriving at 9 am. 

Just then the elevator door opened and Sasha entered, "wow, nobody is at the office  yet" Just then she saw the lights in maan and geet's offices. To her shock, what she feared was true.

Sasha: yeh behenji itni jaldi office kyun aayi? I must be careful of her. MK ko pata nahi kab kaise badal de yeh, Hoshiyarpur ki maharani.

Sasha entered geet's cabin.

Sasha: Geet.

Geet: yes, Sasha ma'm. Did you need anything?

Sasha: Yes, give me the Hoshiyarpur ke construction ki file project.

Geet: Lekin, woh file toh Sir ke paas hai

Sasha: toh?

Geet: I mean woh file unke pass hai,

Sasha: ok! I will just call him and ask for it.

Sasha picked up the phone on Geet's desk. Geet upon seeing this immediately cut the line and said,"Ma'm, Sir ne kaha ki koi bhi unko disturb nahi kare!" Sasha got angry but couldn't do anything more.

Sasha: kab tak?

Geet: The whole morning. May be try in the afternoon.

Sasha: Ok then.

Chapter 3

Geet working on her computer suddenly decides to do research on Dev, the one and only betrayer who ruined her life for forever. Geet glanced over to Maan's cabin and discovered him busy with his project files. He was engrossed in his life that seemed the world didn't matter at all. But this was all about to change. It had started to change already since past five days with arrival of Geet Handa in his office who already had made his life chaotic in Hoshiyarpur. To his feelings he thought he could avoid getting stuck with Geet, the most annoying girl he ever met. But in soon time this apparent peaceful world of his was about to a 360 turn into chaos or may be even more dramatic then he could imagine.

Geet while searching on Google, discovered a facebook account named dev khurana, Vancouver, Canada. To her surprise it was him, the betrayer that ruined her life. She started to view his account but it was not open for public view. Just then her phone rang. Out of fear she closed the web window and picked up the phone.

Maan: Geet, please come to my cabin, dictation ke liye

Geet: sure sir.

Geet picked up her notepad and began to leave for Maan's cabin. Geet entered Maan's cabin. Maan suggested her to sit down. With concentration on her work, she sat down and waited for Maan to provide the dictation.

Maan: Write this memo to Mr. Chopra.

Upon your request to work with Khurana Construction, I am very pleased to inform you that Khurana Construction is accepting the offer. With that thought in mind, I would Like to invite you to discuss the greater details of the project at the Hyatt Hotel where my architecture, myself and your company heads can discuss the project with utmost ease. Please reply as soon as possible.

MSK

Geet who was writing this looked up and saw Maan starring right at her. To ease the discomfort she felt she said,"Maan, I mean Sir, anything else you need?" Maan who was so lost starring at her came back to the planet earth and said, "Ok, so send this memo and make sure we get a positive response"

Geet: Sir,

Maan looked up. Geet said," Woh, Sasha ma'm ko Hoshiyarpur ke construction ki file chahiye thi!"

Maan just nodded his head and gave her the file. Geet to herself, "what's wrong with Maan? Why doesn't he react the way he usually does? Something is surely up."

Geet started to leave just then Maan said,"Geet"

Geet turned her head to look at him starring right back her with intense gaze.

Geet: Yes sir

Maan: Please order Sasha to come to my office immediately and make sure my food is ordered from Pizza Hut. I would like to have Pizza and Fries with chilled coke.

Geet: Sure sir.

To Maan's surprise, Geet wasn't talking much. It was bothering him to ask her but couldn't utter a single word.

Geet went to her office and ordered pizza for maan. Geet who was surprised that Maan liked Pizza was just completely shocked that man like him could like Pizza. On the other hand, Maan was shocked himself that he asked Geet to order Pizza. It wasn't that he didn't like Pizza but it wasn't something he would eat for lunch.

Just to break Maan's thought, Sasha entered," Good afternoon MK, you called me?'

Maan broke from his thoughts and said," Yes, I would like to discuss few details of Hoshiyarpur construction facilities"

Sasha: sure sir.

Maan outlined the details he was working on to Sasha so that she could incorporate in her blueprints. Just then the Maan's phone rang,

Geet: Sir, your pizza order has arrived

Maan: Good. Keep it in your cabin and I will call you once I am free.

Sasha discovering that it was Geet with whom Maan was talking got furious and said to herself, "Yeh bhi na abhi phone karana tha isko"

Maan: so back to what i was saying earlier.

After finishing the work Sasha went to Geet's cabin to give her the files that needed to be typed. When Sasha saw the Pizza order she was furious.

Sasha: Geet, why is there pizza order in your cabin. Don't you know MK doesn't like his staff having lunch on their working desk. You know what, I will just tell MK right now.

Geet: Lekin Ma'm.

Sasha: don't try to teach me,  I know very well, you behenji types.

Maan who was looking at Geet's cabin upon seeing Sasha behaving rude to Geet decided to see what was happening.

Seeing Maan enter the room, Sasha said," MK, did you see Geet having lunch at her desk? And that too Pizza!"

Chapter 4

"Sasha, I haven't hired you to keep an eye on your fellow co- workers but to work as an architect and other duties I assign you" smashed Maan at Sasha

"So now, if you are free from spying on other please study the construction file for Mehta Builders and make a list of required things we will need to address in the collaborative discussion" said Maan

"Sure sir" replied Sasha with great reluctance.

"Geet, thanks for ordering Pizza for me" said Maan, Sasha who was walking out of Geet's room stopped to hear such shocking thing.

Sasha to herself, "how the hell is this possible? MK hates pizza. Why would he order a pizza? Omg, this is definitely fishy". With that thought  she left to do her duties.

"Sir, apka pizza, please enjoy" Geet handed over the pizza box to Maan.

Maan took the pizza and left for his cabin.

Maan closed the blinds and starred at the pizza for a while and asked himself why he ordered pizza when he dislikes them.

------

Flashback: Geet on the phone with Pinky.

P: Geet, what should i order for you/

G: Umm, Pizza, i haven't had them since long time now.

P: ok.

Just then Maan walk past them

Maan: Geet, come to my office with all the files for Mehta builders.

Geet: Lekin sir, i am on my break right now.

Maan: have it after 15 mins.

Geet: Ok sir with a frowned face. Walked past him and said, No to Pinky who was on the phone waiting for Geet to reply.

Geet didn't take her break even after 15 mins and it had been 2 hours.

--------

Just then Geet's phone rang. She picked it up and it was Maan.

M: Geet, come to my cabin

G: Yes Sir.

G to herself, ajib admi hai, mujhe break bhi nahi lene deta.

G entered Maan's cabin. It smelled great and was nice cool and dark.

M: come in Geet.

G was confused as to the state of the room.

G: Yes sir.

M: This is for you.

G: What?

M: I mean, I am sorry

G: For?

M: well, not letting you have break when it was the time. So to make up for it I have ordered pizza for you.

G: But, i thought you had ordered it for yourself

M: Well, I won't be able to eat the whole pizza by myself so why not us have lunch together?

G: Are you sure?

M: Yeah.

G: why?

M: What do you mean?

G: never mind

M: ok then let's eat pizza i am hungry.

G was shocked as to why Maan was behaving so nice to her. Strangely enough, she didn't have energy to protest against Maan.

They both had lunch in complete silence. And To Maan's surprise he never admired how tasty the pizza tasted.

G: thank you for pizza lunch.

M nodded his head in response and just starred at her and just then they were interrupted by Tasha seeing G and M having lunch together her head started to spin outrageously.

T: Sir, Sasha ma'm has arranged a meeting with Mehta Builders in Salt Lake City, Utah.

M: What? Why in USA?

T: Because Mehta Builders wanted to establish a office in USA and as result is asking us to help them find the best suitable place! They are open to change their meeting place.

M: This is ridiculous. Call Sasha immediately.

------

M: Are you insane to agree with Mehta Builders? How can you be so careless? I have absolutely no time next week to attend that meeting.

S: Sorry MK, but it was unavoidable.

M: You know what I will figure it out. Meanwhile, you just get the work done and I will inform you about it!

S: Ok MK.

Chapter 5

M called Geet, "Come to my cabin"

G: yes sir.

---

G: may i come in sir

M: yesh come in.

M: have a sit. Oh i forgot to ask you to call Sasha. 

They both looked at each other and G understood that Maan meant her to call Sasha through a phone.

G: May i use the phone?

M nodded in response

G: Sasha ma'm, Please come to Maan sir's cabin immediately

S: Ok.

M: I called you because you have unique perspectives on how the construction should be carried out especially in the designing part. 
Just then Sasha entered. Seeing Geet there she didn't feel the most happiest person on the planet earth but regardless she made sure that she would try to avoid her despite her foolishness.

S: MK, did you call?

M: Yes, Well, I wanted to discuss few things with both of you.

M: So as i was saying Geet, I have decided that you'll accompany Sasha and I to Salt Lake City, U.S.A

G burst out, "what?, i mean why me"

M: As i was saying, I think you have absolute necessary perspective on things which will be really helpful for the further expansion of your Khurana Construction overseas. And hence, please book three air tickets to Salt Lake City, Utah for next week Wednesday. The meeting is on Friday that gives us enough time to feel comfortable and work at our best abilities. Any questions?

S: But, MK do you think it's necessary to take Geet with?

M: Absolutely. Also, as a personal secretary she should be there with me. Isn't that her job?

S: sure Mk, If you insisit.

Sasha to herself, "Yeh behenji ruined my plan with MK. I thought, this time around, if i spend enough time with MK, he might as well propose me. I mean who else does he know? And since, i have known MK practically whole my life, it was a golden opportunity! But don't you worry Geet, i will make sure you won't get to get on that plane and even if you do, you might as well have to sit in the economy class."

Geet unaware of Sasha's plan gathered her notepad where Maan had explained the details on the Mehta Builders and on the plane information.

G: Thank you sir.

M just starred at G and saw Sasha standing there, "Is there anything else you want to ask Sasha?" inquired Maan

S: No MK. I was just thinking whether it would be a good idea to collaborate with foreign construction companies abroad would be good idea or not?

M: I think that's a wonderful idea. I will sure think about it.

Geet who was walking away from Maan's desk.

M: Geet, what do you think? (Maan to himself, why is it utmost necessity to ask Geet's opinion for everything?)

Geet turned around and said, "The idea is not bad, but I think we must be careful in associating our name with other companies because our reputation is at stake. All i am suggesting is that we must first conduct research on these companies and carry out our plans"

M just starred at Geet for astonishing him with such brilliant thought despite being so humble.

----

enjoy!
Edited by desilife - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KalyWayne07 thumbnail
It's very lovely start girl, update soon. (:
pari911 thumbnail
woohooo, excellent start! :) keep it up.
NIDIZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hmm it luk's gud pls continue!
darkness4ever thumbnail
seems very interesting plz continue asap.
desilife thumbnail
Thank you all for liking it and commenting.  so here is the next part. do enjoy and please kindly reply if you read the ff.
desilife thumbnail

Chapter 2

Geet started to rush out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened. Just then she heard Maan, "Geet, Please come to my office with the project files" Geet, who was displeased unwillingly turned and said,"Sure sir" Then they parted to their ways.

Geet to herself,"yeh bhi na ek khadoos mila mujhe, hi, hello bhi nahi bol sakta subh subh mein. ufff"

Maan: what is taking her so long? i just asked her for files.

Geet to herself,"Aab dekh na jab bhi mein enter karoogi tab se chilaayeinge"

Geet knocked on his door," May I come in sir?" the office was empty, no one had arrived yet, it was dead silence.

Maan: Yes, come in.

Geet: Here are your files! Is there anything else you need?

Maan: no, umm, actually, I don't want any disturbance the whole morning. Please make sure noone nobody bothers me including the staff.

Geet: Sure sir! Aur kuch?

Maan: Nahi.

Geet at her desk trying to finish up her pending work before the staff starts arriving at 9 am. 

Just then the elevator door opened and Sasha entered, "wow, nobody is at the office  yet" Just then she saw the lights in maan and geet's offices. To her shock, what she feared was true.

Sasha: yeh behenji itni jaldi office kyun aayi? I must be careful of her. MK ko pata nahi kab kaise badal de yeh, Hoshiyarpur ki maharani.

Sasha entered geet's cabin.

Sasha: Geet.

Geet: yes, Sasha ma'm. Did you need anything?

Sasha: Yes, give me the Hoshiyarpur ke construction ki file project.

Geet: Lekin, woh file toh Sir ke paas hai

Sasha: toh?

Geet: I mean woh file unke pass hai,

Sasha: ok! I will just call him and ask for it.

Sasha picked up the phone on Geet's desk. Geet upon seeing this immediately cut the line and said,"Ma'm, Sir ne kaha ki koi bhi unko disturb nahi kare!" Sasha got angry but couldn't do anything more.

Sasha: kab tak?

Geet: The whole morning. May be try in the afternoon.

Sasha: Ok then.

pari911 thumbnail
absolutely wonderful! keep it up! :)
darkness4ever thumbnail
you are super awesome. Gr8 update! :)
sweet_gurl93 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey
really nice ff, its quite interesting
can u please add me to ur pm list when u update?
thnx
cant wait for more
do continue soon
xx