What has exactly got 'butchered' ?

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Well after a L-O-N-G time I am making a topic, has been REAL busy with my.. coaching๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Ok so I was just going through some topics ( SR and AR ) and I am pleasantly shocked to see that how people are freely bashing the character of 'Riddhima'๐Ÿ˜Š.. And that even comes from some so-called Riddhima/JW fanz as well๐Ÿฅฑ.. Was wondering why do they call it 'butchering' of her character............

A girl, who is left alone by her boyfriend.. ( though for good cause ).. she eventually gets married to a person and after HUGE turmoils and real dilemma, she finally decides to give her marriage a chance.. So what has exactly got 'butchered' in all these? Is it Riddhima's character which got killed? Why? Just becoz she didn't wait lifelong for that man who left her w/o even telling her to wait? Or because being a married woman, she is maintaining her dignity and doing exactly what she's supposed to do? Or simply becoz she is now surrendering herself to her husband which is wayyy normal and justified?๐Ÿ˜• If she had jumped into the marriage w.o attempting suicide and consummate her marriage with her husband ( which is very normal again ), and accept him at THAT very day and when Armaan comes back, instead of showing sympathy, she'd bash him right n left and make harsh comments before saying final 'goodbye'........ what would U call it then? Butchering and making a roast out of her char and eaten by the CV's?๐Ÿ˜•

I donno what she is supposed to do not to be called a 'butchered' character.. Elope with Armaan? Divorcing the man who was with her at her worst time? Or making a laxman rekha at her bedroom and be in that 'Touch-me-not-kiss-me-not' mode for life? Or just that she should have never moved on๐Ÿ˜•

Sid loves Ridz, Ridz loves Sid, which exactly got butchered in all these stuffs? AR love? NO way! A true love, where both of them are like Armaan and Riddhima, can never get butchered.. Talking from a POV of an X-AR fan ( KaSh and to some extent KaSu too๐Ÿ˜ณ ), I dont see anything for which I can call it a destroyed love.. Some love-stories dont have happy ending..So does it mean their love was not true? If the girl loves someone else in her life, does that mean she has cheated her previous lover and she is a 'butchered' character?๐Ÿ˜• There are SO many circumstances and problems happen in real life, becoz of which a girl is made to forget her first love, or love before marriage, or even love after marriage ( if she is divorced for some reason ).. Does it mean she was not loyal to her past relationship? Isnt it generalizing the whole category in a wrong way?๐Ÿ˜•

Now that Armaan is moving on, I really doubt how many people will say it's bad, his character is getting weird, he is also 'butchered'... Anyone?๐Ÿค” Nopes.. Becoz God can move on.. Normal people cant eh?๐Ÿ˜”

Things will get cleared if some people really think it from a practical or drama POV.. She is not supposed to get back to her previous lover ( who already made it uncertain if he'd come back or not ) and divorce her loving husband just like that.. It never happens.. Agreed the timespan when she moved on, is very short.. But again, it varies.. It depends on the situation..

Just an example -- Watched the movie Rajneeti.. Katrina is supposed to be a girl who can't love anyone else, and has been loved Ranbir since her childhood.. But within 1 month or 2, she moves on in her life.. THAT is exactly what happens dude! Now would u call her character a 'butchered' one too?๐Ÿ˜•

This post is not to bash anyone, but for the bashers who think they can call themselves Riddhima or Jenny fanz and can bash both if she is not romancing Armaan or KSG๐Ÿฅฑ I myself am Riddhima fan, but not of Jenny's.. So just thought to make it clear..

Civilized Opinions from all groups are welcomed.. But yeah .. Civilized.. Read the word properly๐Ÿฅฑ

Guddi๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
i love your post, great point that u made. idk how her trying to sort things out rationally despite the world going haywire is butchering her character
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey guddi, lovely post... I like how Riddhima is a p-e-r-s-o-n and not a bollywood character.  She defines how normal people would work [for the most part]
I guess some people want what they wish could happen in reel life...so its a battle more of reel vs real :)

i choose real..mostly because...thats what...i am lol
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
agreed with every point Guddi..........

Its a pity ppl are not looking at the overall output of wat the show is trying to point out......I feel for their thot processing abilities.......its sad just coz their fav actors playing a certain characters are not romancing each other......they go ahead the blame the creators of the characters........how intelligent I must say......but oh well......I guess we forget that we all are humans n its pure humanology to blame others for wateva unsatisfatory that comes across u.....

Just wanna add.........wateva Ridhimma did to begin with..........was not really for the society........but for her parents......for the love she had for her parents..........agreed she in her lost senses went ahead to even commit suicide but after which when she was shown the reality of wat impact that could have had on her loved ones..............she found herself embarrassed low to no bounds......she was ashamed of herself......of her dignity and the integrity of her being.....
And then she took upon a bold step that was initially against her heart wishes and did wat a child true to the love for the parent would do.....

IMO.........no love........and I mean NO LOVE.........can be compared to the love that exists between a child and the parent.........it holds the value to which God himself humbly bows down......and if for such love a child is asked to sacrifice themselves.......I see no wrong......and thus I see no wrong that Ridhimma has done......her character has very much stayed true!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sajni786 - 13 years ago
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Very Good Post i agree with you how is it butchering she is doing exactly what a person with brain will do she isn't killing,murdering or deceiving anyone for god sake she wasn't the one who abandoned someone instead she was abandoned and now she found her life her happiness what's butchering in it. But as u said God's can move on people can't and riddhima  is just a person Not God like someone else who's allowed to move on and welcomed with open arms
SankiPagal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
DIL MIL GAYYE  has exactly gt butchered ....................... long time bak.. nw this show. is jus for fav jodi's n is blahhhhhhhhhhhhh
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Oh thanks guys.. I thought I am the only one who thinks like that !

Agreed Shahidkaarmaan and Jhanvi -- She is a very normal human being.. And anyone in her place would have done that as well.. So wht's wrong in that? Me too would go for Real.. Becoz as long as u dont forget the reality, there is less chance of ur going insane ๐Ÿ˜†

Sajnie -- Yes.. I skyped the point.. YUP.. If doing anything for parents is like sacrificing love for the society's sake, then I welcome such 1000 sacrifices in my life.. Frankly.. Whatever Ridz did, she could do it in a worse and nonsense way.. But the way she handled the whole issue, and now finally got back to her husband, is way beyond amazing.. That's what I was trying to say.. That butchering of a character is not when she tries to move on.. But when she tries to make her affect her present and future.. Her dec is apt and added more glory to her char, that's all I can say ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I was about to make a post on this, but you made a brilliant post and to the point, Ridhhima is bashed left right and centre for no good reason ๐Ÿ˜•..
punjabkudi98 thumbnail
nice job guddi riddhima gets butchered 4 no reason
-Mayu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
RESERVED...WILL POST LATER..IN A HURRY..