Frequent Posters

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: ssk13809

OMG

Risingabove, why did you make this guy a GUEST JUDGE

A 5 ?🀣 😑

This is ridiculous. This is why I said Debayon as guest judge is tragic. He just gave one of Sunidhi's best singing peformances a 5 😲

Please tell me you were joking

As I said, of course you'd like the song, you're just helping my comment πŸ˜†

I gave her a 6, is that fine?

Anyways, I have other things to do, so cya later
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

🀣 Xobile must be quite happy, eh? πŸ˜‰

Enough with the jokes. As you all may know, the music director is Mr. Chamiya himself, and as Xobile had said in a previous round that he has this mystifying ability to make the singers sound like himself in songs which he directs/composes etc. And his word bore some truth, as it is pretty evident that Sunidhi ji sounded as though she might burst into her suroor sooner or later. Her beginning was extremely nasal. She stabalized herself again immediately, but as she concentrated so much on her nasality, that she couldn't convey the seductiveness of the song. OK, maybe during the chorus she did....somewhat. Nasality + Romance= Not a good combo in today's times. She was exactly in a couple of places, as spotted by SSK ji, but other than that, her tone, voice and pitch were all astray. Having said all this, I would like to give her a 6!!

No wonder SSK ji liked this songπŸ˜†

This time I do agree with you! Infact this song which ssk has rated so high requires only "Screaming" & not what we call as "Gaayaki". If such type of singing gets a 10 then thats unjust for other singers like kavita, anuradha, alka, shreya, sadhana, who will be actually singing & not screaming! 😲
I remember Ssk had once said that "the only unbiased judge over here is ssk", now I can definitely see how much truth his statement has!πŸ˜†
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Killer07

This time I do agree with you! Infact this song which ssk has rated so high requires only "Screaming" & not what we call as "Gaayaki". If such type of singing gets a 10 then thats unjust for other singers like kavita, anuradha, alka, shreya, sadhana, who will be actually singing & not screaming! 😲
I remember Ssk had once said that "the only unbiased judge over here is ssk", now I can definitely see how much truth his statement has!πŸ˜†

What are you talking about? This is screaming to you? πŸ˜† This is what you call powerful and energetic singing. This is what you call amazing singing talent. This is what you call delicacy combined with passion .All those singers you named could not sing the way Sunidhi did here. This is a very commendable singing performance by Sunidhi Chauhan.
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

this track reminded me of this.
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The finale is getting near, and so the track selection gains more and more importance.

To really appreciate this song, one listening is not sufficient. I didn't care who the music director was, but really, its one of those tracks which is almost akin to driving a car in different suspension settings according to your needs and road conditions.

It takes time to digest. But  Sunidhi's new level of singing takes it t new heights. Its bloody challenging and like a roller coaster ride. Trust me, you may love it or hate it, but you just can't ignore it.
Sunidhi has sung these kinds of tracks before but her voice almost remained in the same scale when she used to sing in high notes, with her trademark energy and attitude often disguising some potential flaws that even we cannot make out unless listening it with more attention to detail.

But not this one. She may go nasal, OK but the effect can come out to be stupendous. This song may be underrated but makes for a good high volume listening in a good set of surround speakers, why?

Lets start.

Its a bit shaky, but well controlled, can get annoying but tolerable. Then take the second verse. It gets mundane and hits a new low.
Thats all.
The track then goes into sport mode and picks up dramatically in the third verse and sunidhi adds loads of all important feel with her tremendous voice modulation and even at high notes, often in all the excitement, it is easy to lose your control of your sur. but no, it comes as a shocker. The high pitch voice control is one of the high points of this track.
The song then comes into comfort mode, and she sings amazingly, though not in sur per se, but the scale variation gives you goosebumps and the track can sometimes go unpredictable

New high-her control of voice at the lowest note-its just brutal. Simply brutal. Its a new challenge which she comes out triumphs.
Go to dynamic mode at the end. The track again goes a bit mundane but as the finale nears, her throw of voice can take you by surprise if you are a first time listener. The way the track ends, in a true roller coaster fashion with up and down in her volume in her voice....is just again killer.

Never mind if HR is liked/disliked, experimentation like this yields out some bloody unpredictable results with this one being like having your own cake and eat it too.
Lots and lots of practice and rehearsals are required to green light a track like this.

Versatility couldn't have been any better without experimentation. And this is the beauty of Indian music. You get to hear many different sides of a singer.

This track is simply brutal. And bloody close to being perfect.

9/10.πŸ‘
ktopden-2 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Superb Mind blowing Fantastic History...

10/10
ktopden-2 thumbnail
this is the review from Bollywoodhungama

But just like before, there comes a song that is a notch above ordinary and brings the album back on the track. The title song leaves nothing to imagination and why so when the lyrics are as straightforward as 'I Want To Make Love To You'. Sunidhi Chauhan is excellent in this wonderfully composed track by Himesh that shocks everyone with the intensity of the lyrics and the music. The impact is such that one looks for more when the number ends and can't resist from playing it again.
ktopden-2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

🀣 Xobile must be quite happy, eh? πŸ˜‰

Enough with the jokes. As you all may know, the music director is Mr. Chamiya himself, and as Xobile had said in a previous round that he has this mystifying ability to make the singers sound like himself in songs which he directs/composes etc. And his word bore some truth, as it is pretty evident that Sunidhi ji sounded as though she might burst into her suroor sooner or later. Her beginning was extremely nasal. She stabalized herself again immediately, but as she concentrated so much on her nasality, that she couldn't convey the seductiveness of the song. OK, maybe during the chorus she did....somewhat. Nasality + Romance= Not a good combo in today's times. She was exactly in a couple of places, as spotted by SSK ji, but other than that, her tone, voice and pitch were all astray. Having said all this, I would like to give her a 6!!

No wonder SSK ji liked this songπŸ˜†

who made him judge!!
first of all disrespecting the music composer for no reason...

most ridiculous comments i hv ever heard...
nasality + romance....not a good combo...πŸ˜†
u may hate himesh but the fact remains his songs are a big hit...nasality is not something new...
ktopden-2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Killer07

screaming!!!...πŸ˜†
u and debayon were the two people who even said mehbooob mere is a bad selection...sunidhi finished 2nd in last round...πŸ˜†

xobile thumbnail
This is the second Himesh song of the competition that I can remember, the first being 'Mohabbat Ki Guzarish' with Tulsi Kumar. This is a much better composition, and brings out Himesh's strengths. He excels at composing songs that mix the emotions of anger/passion/love together, and this song offers the ideal opportunity. In fact Himesh's contribution to the singing style is quite evident - it's almost like he's singing through Sunidhi's throat. (The other influences in the singing of this performance are Sunidhi's American Idols πŸ˜† Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.)

So has adopting HR's style helped or hindered Sunidhi?

Well, she has overused vibrato. πŸ˜• The beginning ad lib section was sung in continuous vibrato, which gets on my nerves if it's used on EVERY word. Thankfully this 'shaky' run ends with the chorus of 'rock me baby, take me baby'. Don't get me wrong, the vibrato IS useful and effective in parts. But it has been unnecessarily and overly used in the first half of the song. As the song progresses, the use of vibrato becomes more sophisticated, as she reduces it in the low pitched sections, instead adding most vibrato to high pitch/powerful sections. This is the major flaw in the singing, and is quite annoying. 

Otherwise, Himesh's composition has helped Sunidhi. HR's melodies tend to have a lot of jumps and breaks between lines. He also uses high pitches a lot. Unlike HR, Sunidhi can actually reach those high notes without stressing her vocal chords too much, and certainly without getting nasal. Handling such a tune is a feat in itself, with the difficult transitions, but Sunidhi also adds many variations, playing around with the length and pitch. Of course, the power and throw in her singing is there for all to hear and you'de have to be paying very little attention to be blown away by it. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

Expressions are again Himesh-style - overdone and almost overboard. But if you do it with conviction, it can work, especially since the context of the script allows passionate and overplayed emotions. I am impressed with the level of involvement Sunidhi always shows in her songs. And with Himesh directing her on this, you can see that he wouldn't have asked her to reign in the feeling at any time. πŸ‘πŸΌ

It's a pity that the song has such blatant lyrics that it's unlikely to be played much on TV, radio or even in concerts. It's a waste of the effort put in by the singer and composer.

Not flawless, so 9/10. But based on how the audience has been scoring, I wouldn't be surprised to see many tens. ⭐️
Edited by xobile - 13 years ago