Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Sunidhi Chauhan

Song:
I Wanna Make Love to You
https://soundxx.mp3pk.com/indian/aetraaz/5%28mp3pk.com%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the higher rating, 1 is the lowest.
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Sunidhi Chauhan.
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings.

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the official game thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This one caught me by surprise. First I was like what song is this? πŸ˜•
Never heard of it. Also, unapproriate lyrics for some of the audience members here. πŸ˜†

But as I was listening to it, what amazing singing! In this song, Sunidhi Chauhan goes all out from a singing standpoint. She gives it all shes got. Shows how much singing ability she has in her, just gives it all she has. There is also so much passion in the singing from Sunidhi Chauhan here.

Right from the opening lines,
Teri chaahton ke jal seVery well sung. Both times she repeated it. The energy, the feel, and the ability shown here was remarkable.

Actually the whole beginning sequence

Bana hai, dil mein sanam
Kuwaan kuwaan pyaar ka -2
I wanna make love to you -2
Gawaara mujhko nahin
Aitraaz yaar ka

was very well done. The delicacy yet passion she sings the lines lik "kuwaan kuwaan pyar ka" is very commendable. And then the "I wanna make love to you" is sung with a lot of passion and energy, while the singing itself was also difficult and well-sung. And then she comes back down to the last 2 lines there, singing with precision and delicacy, while still having passion. Difficult to do.

And then the "Rock me" lines, are less difficult, but still good energy and feel throughout them from Sunidhi.

And then the post-main sequences,

Main na jaanu kaisi ye pyaas hai
Kyun chubhta har ehsaas hai
Palkon mein chaahat ka khwaab hai
Har dhadkan kyun betaab hai

also very very well-done. What a throw in her voice. Just amazing throughout here. Excellent expressions in her voice. And once again, outstanding singing. Also, thorughout the whole song, there are so many little things Sunidhi Chauhan does well, that go noticed, just the way she sings some of the words, sometimes the extra prolongation of the word, and other times a nice harkat added. But all of these little things make the overall singing so great.

Overall, extraordinary singing by Sunidhi Chauhan! One of the most passionate songs I've heard. Amazing feel, powerful, energetic and delicate, phenomenal singing ability,  and doing all the little things. And yes, this was a VERY difficult song. Though she sings songs like this, even Sunidhi Chauhan had to go all out and give it her best to do the singing she has done here.

Also, after listening to it a couple of times, no one of those remaining could have sang this even close to Sunidhi Chauhan. Singers like Kavita, Alka, etc. would've failed, miserably. This just goes to show the difficulty in this song.

Great composition by Himesh Reshammiya, bringing the best out of Sunidhi Chauhan here. One of the best in this entire competition, and arguably the best singing.

Superb, Outstanding, Mindblowing, Fantastic, and History!

Rating: 10/10

And that's a strong 10.

xobile thumbnail
Teri chaahaton ke jal se
Bana hai, dil mein sanam
Kuwaan kuwaan pyaar ka
I wanna make love to you
Gawaara mujhko nahin
Aitraaz yaar ka
Rock me baby, take me baby
Kiss me baby, push me baby
Rock me baby, take me baby
Push me baby, rock me baby

πŸ€”
ssk13809 thumbnail
The only thing it might lose points to is its lack of popularity and lyrics
πŸ˜†

The singing was spectacular though

xobile thumbnail
Hmm... I see Brahmabul's choice now.

πŸ˜‰
brahmabul thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Well if one has watched the movie, the plot demanded this song with such kind of lyrics.

@xobile

No idea who is selecting the songs. But jo bhi hain, he/she is a genius. πŸ˜›πŸ˜ƒ
Hope the other three judges like it too...😊
saq123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well i've often seen dis song panned bby d judges in reality shows becoz of its so-called objectionable lyrics. Damn it!😑 d singer did not rite d lyrics yaar. neways singing was awesum and priyanka portrayed it sensuously on screen as well. Not a song i would like 2 listen 2 often, but it has situational appeal. So i will give it 9.
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: saq123

Well i've often seen dis song panned bby d judges in reality shows becoz of its so-called objectionable lyrics. Damn it!😑 d singer did not rite d lyrics yaar. neways singing was awesum and priyanka portrayed it sensuously on screen as well. Not a song i would like 2 listen 2 often, but it has situational appeal. So i will give it 9.

100% Agree πŸ‘πŸΌ

In fact, after three listenings I feel like I will be giving her the same score as you too! πŸ˜ƒ
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
🀣 Xobile must be quite happy, eh? πŸ˜‰

Enough with the jokes. As you all may know, the music director is Mr. Chamiya himself, and as Xobile had said in a previous round that he has this mystifying ability to make the singers sound like himself in songs which he directs/composes etc. And his word bore some truth, as it is pretty evident that Sunidhi ji sounded as though she might burst into her suroor sooner or later. Her beginning was extremely nasal. She stabalized herself again immediately, but as she concentrated so much on her nasality, that she couldn't convey the seductiveness of the song. OK, maybe during the chorus she did....somewhat. Nasality + Romance= Not a good combo in today's times. She was exactly in a couple of places, as spotted by SSK ji, but other than that, her tone, voice and pitch were all astray. Having said all this, I would like to give her a 6!!

No wonder SSK ji liked this songπŸ˜†Edited by debayon - 13 years ago
ssk13809 thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Having said all this, I would like to give her a 5!

No wonder SSK ji liked this songπŸ˜†

OMG

Risingabove, why did you make this guy a GUEST JUDGE

A 5 ?🀣 😑

This is ridiculous. This is why I said Debayon as guest judge is tragic. He just gave one of Sunidhi's best singing peformances a 5 😲

Please tell me you were joking

Edited by ssk13809 - 13 years ago