A tribute...to the director...

S_Sara thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey all!
Hope everyone's healthy n happy (woh toh dikh hi raha hai, tum sab ki khushi phoot phoot kar bahar aa rahi hai owing to the latest precap πŸ˜† πŸ˜† n siggghhhh who can blame u guysss 😍 )

BUT in this atmosphere of festivity I just wanted to raise awareness of something I came across...ab fikar maat karo, im not about to go all serious on u guys...πŸ˜†

HOWEVER, earlier in the day when I was looking through those dance sequence pictures posted by someone on facebook (oh gossh those pics r ummm ermmm just dreammyyy 😍 uh oh im going off topic πŸ˜†) I came across a surprising lil discovery n that is the director of Geet...

...the director of Geet is none other than NISSAR PARVEZ.πŸ˜ƒ

Now im sure some of u are thinking...toh??toh kya hua?πŸ€” I'll explain...
(n i'm sure those of u who have been DMG fans at one point or another will already know where im going with this πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† )

Basically Nissar is the same guy who directed Dill Mill Gaye to start off with (when the show was an appealing change from the saas bahu sagas n not a heap of trash like now🀒)...even if you've never seen a single episode of DMG u cannot have failed to notice its popularity...and this is the reason I am correlating Nissar as a director for Geet to DMG...

So far we have been giving all the credit for the amazingly awesome episodes of Geet we see to the
1.Actors
2.The "Creatives"
3.To maan, geet, dadi, pinky or whoever has pleased us most in the epi tht day πŸ˜†

All of these are still valid BUT i think the director deserves a LOT of the credit too,

Here are my reasons for why the director has such a big hand in hooking us to Geet just as gurmeet and drashti, the wonderful characters, the comedy and the romance have...

1. FAST PACE:
One of the things that really makes Geet highly watchable for me is the fact that the show does not take 50 episodes to say just introduce geet πŸ˜† It's fast pace for example moving from the village to the city, geet's decision to move forward after the "dhoka" , maan's softening for her or even the return of the khurana family has all been essayed in a relatively short period of time...every day when we sit down to watch an epi of Geet we KNOW we will be getting something different today, not yesterday's stale plot...AND tht makes us come bk for more!

2. RELATIVELY PLAUSIBLE SCENARIOS:
Now this may not apply to everyone but if you are a TV watcher like me who likes atleast a lil teensy weensy bit of substance to what they are watching (ziyadah nahi, thodaaa sa sense banta ho bus)then you'll relate to me on this. I like the fact that in Geet things dont jump out of the blue jin ka koi sar paer hi na ho, everything is given a reason, chahay kabhi kabhi its a bit silly but in most circumstances it is acceptable. There are no dead husbands/wives/bachay or eerie look a likes coming back to life (atleast so far, hope it stays tht way ). Rather most things have been given some sort of logic.

3. THE SAME OLD FILMI SCENES RECONSTRUCTED WITH FIRE:
No one can deny that if we've watched one romantic scene, we've watched em all...in every drama you get the same eyelocks, the falling, the catching, the tugging,the pulling,har herione ka dupatta cooperate nahi karta n every hero is tht little bit macho BUT the same old scenes in Geet SIZZLE and keep us glued to the screen😍. Admittedly this owes a lot to the amazing chemistry of the lead couple and their even better acting but i think we owe it to the director as well to be able to extract that sort of acting from them, to guide the characters in exactly the things tht will drive us crazy for example the excessive blinking during some staring scenes (both maan and geet do this πŸ˜† )

4. THE COMEDY:
The comic element of the show...a lot of the stuff these days has us in splits, things like Geet's Dusht/Danav had me literally cracking up 🀣or even the way maan sort of walks away from some scenes really fast like the time pinky n geet were staring after him when he came to apologise πŸ˜†..such good comic timing and hilarity is hard to build, so once again kudos to the director for moving the story forward yet still giving the audience some light hearted humour. πŸ‘

5.THE BACKGROUND SCORES:
Andddd lastly...the background music!this is also a trait that Geet shares with the early days of DMG. Every single tune I have heard in Geet so far has been sooo appealing to me and so in line with the situation. Even before the MAHI song was introduced for maneet, they used to have this really different sort of a chillingly romantic music...n im pretty sure tht in episodes to come we will be treated to more original numbers and tunes.

So there you have it guys, a tribute to the director of this show...thoda lamba ho gaya but im sure ull all agree k jahan we have a gazillion threads dedicated to maneet, gurmeet/drashti/abhinav...even the taveez πŸ˜† wahan becharay director ko ek post toh milna chahiyay as acknowledgement of the wonderful job he's doing...haina?? 😳

Edited by S_Sara - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaanbunty thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ

Very well said
S_Sara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jaanbunty

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ

Very well said

Thank u jaanbunty...im surprised u actually read it all...kuch ziyadah lamba hogaya na like an essay πŸ˜†
sumaiya-kay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Agreed!!...The director has done an awesome job so far....lets hope we are treated to the same quality of episodes in the future too....he deserves a round of applause for the commendable job he's doing up until nowπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Jaanbunty thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: S_Sara

Thank u jaanbunty...im surprised u actually read it all...kuch ziyadah lamba hogaya na like an essay πŸ˜†

I really did........ Great post
S_Sara thumbnail

Originally posted by: sum_sum

Agreed!!...The director has done an awesome job so far....lets hope we are treated to the same quality of episodes in the future too....he deserves a round of applause for the commendable job he's doing up until nowπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Omgosh yes gd point...tht is my biggest fear that as soon as the TRPs of the show hit a certain level all the quality will start going down the drain this is wht makes me lose interest in most soaps after around a 3 month mark...so fingers crossed! πŸ˜ƒ
here's hoping Geet stays the same n nissar continues to provide us with entertaining yet QUALITY material! πŸ‘πŸΌ 😊
sumaiya-kay thumbnail

Omgosh yes gd point...tht is my biggest fear that as soon as the TRPs of the show hit a certain level all the quality will start going down the drain this is wht makes me lose interest in most soaps after around a 3 month mark...so fingers crossed! πŸ˜ƒ
here's hoping Geet stays the same n nissar continues to provide us with entertaining yet QUALITY material! πŸ‘πŸΌ 😊

Exactly!!....even my interest starts to wane wen the storyline stagnates.....I have yet to finish a single show that I started watching from the beginning.....so far Geet has exceeded all my expectations ....touch wood in continues to do so😊
S_Sara thumbnail

Originally posted by: sum_sum

Exactly!!....even my interest starts to wane wen the storyline stagnates.....I have yet to finish a single show that I started watching from the beginning.....so far Geet has exceeded all my expectations ....touch wood in continues to do so😊

i can relate...it is sooo disappointing when that happens...the nxt thing we know geet will marry the youngest son vicky while pinky becomes the herione, dadi will become the evil queen of the bunch and the show will take a leap and introduce a bunch of meaningless characters! πŸ˜†

may geet never suffer such a fate πŸ˜† would be great if it pleasantly surprises us both by continuing to exceed expectations right πŸ˜ƒ
sumaiya-kay thumbnail

i can relate...it is sooo disappointing when that happens...the nxt thing we know geet will marry the youngest son vicky while pinky becomes the herione, dadi will become the evil queen of the bunch and the show will take a leap and introduce a bunch of meaningless characters! πŸ˜†

may geet never suffer such a fate πŸ˜† would be great if it pleasantly surprises us both by continuing to exceed expectations right πŸ˜ƒ

@ blue That's precisely what happens in the majority of the shows...it loses its sheen an the show is never as it started out to be

@ red  I really hope it doesn't....and maybe ur right the show may just surprise us and hold our interest right till the endπŸ˜ƒ
Maaneet thumbnail
oh the earlier days of dmg😍 lol hopefully the directors maintains the shows creativity and keeps on giving great ideas!