(Siddhima) When Life's Too Perfect

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Oh Riddhima Modi, you can run, but you can't hide.  Today we saw Riddhima Modi get the surprise of her life when after blasting hubby dearest with all the anger she has been holding against him.  As she turns around there he is on one knee.  Holding a beautiful ring in his hand and gazing at her with intense eyes.  And then he proceeds to say the most heart melting words.  He tells Riddhima that she is the one that he wants to be with.  That before her he didn't know what love was, he didn't know what love felt like.  That he had been carrying around this ring in his pocket for two days waiting for the perfect time, place and way.  But that he can no longer wait any longer.  For now he knows that the perfect time, place and way is whenever he is with her.  So he puts his heart on the line and asks her, "Will you be mine?".  Of course, we all know Ridz and we know that instead of saying yes and rushing into the arms of her shiny white knight, she chooses to run away.  Leaving behind a hurt and confused Sid.  And the woman in you gets angry, and you start to yell at Ridz.  Why? Why aren't you telling this man that he is your world? That he doesn't have to ask you to be his, because you already are.  And no worries, I agree with all of you that after all Sid has done, he deserves a lot more than the woman he loves, his wife, running away from him when he once again puts himself out there.

But look at it from Ridz's point of view.  Here is a woman that has been time and time again disappointed not only by the people in her life, but by life itself. Nothing has ever come easy for her.  Not her father, not her sister, not her first love, and certainly not her marriage.  Time and time again just when she thinks things are getting back on track life sends a storm her way.  A storm that doesn't just shake her up, but one that destroys the life as she knows it, and crumbles the very foundations upon which her world was built.  See life has taught Ridz one thing and that is just when things are going smoothly, just as her dreams are about to come true, something dark and gloomy ruins it and destroys her world irrevocably.  So today when her husband, kneels in front of her with a ring in his hands and saying all the perfect words that her heart has been wanting to hear.  Her head is telling her that this can't be true.  That it can be this easy.  No way can her dreams come true this fast without any fight or grit.  I know these two have fought for each other more than anyone ever has or probably will, but see in this moment that stuff is part of the past.  As far as Ridz can tell Sid has just begun wanting her in his life, he can't possibly be in love with her, and he certainly can't just put all his feelings out like that.  I mean it has taken them forever just to say they want their marriage to work, there is no way her Sid said all of these wonderful things to her in an instant.  For she is Riddhima Gupta and she always has an uphill battle to get things she wants in life.

If that doesn't make sense then look at it this way.  For someone who has been fighting for something for so long it becomes almost impossible to believe it has come true when it does.  You see Ridz has been fighting for her marriage for months, she has fought not just Sid but Armaan, and even herself to make sure her husband and her stay united.  In fact she has been so focused on the fight that she forgot what the end goal was.  The goal to achieve love and happiness with her husband.  And today when Sid put all of those goals right before her in a gorgeous package that included beautiful words and an adorable smile.  She was faced with her dream becoming a reality right before her eyes.  And you could see that her heart believed every word he said, her heart wanted to run into his arms and embrace him and tell him yes, yes yes.  But her mind just could not grasp that it was in fact reality.  For her dreams have always been just out of reach, she has never been able to grab a hold of them and hang on.  Something always rips them out of her grasp and she is not left with nothing, but with a gaping hole instead.  So it is kind of hard to blame Ridz for taking "the easy way out".  For as far as Ridz can see her running is not the easy way out, but its simply her way of buying time.  Time to figure out if she can trust what life has put before her.  No, not trust Sid and the words he has spoken, for she trusts him unconditionally, but whether fate and destiny will give her the chance to accept what he his giving her.  If fate will allow her to finally be happy with the man she wants to be with, in the life she craves so deeply.

And later we see her sitting on her windowsill reflecting back not just on the words Sid spoke to her that night, but of him coming to her rescue the night of the storm, him kissing her on the neck, and then that spur of the moment peck on her cheek after they fought.  You see Ridz has already been slowly acknowledging to herself that she is falling for Sid.  It began the night of the storm and has only been growing with each encounter they had.  But when Sid kneeled before her presented her with all of her dreams in one shot it forced Ridz to realize what she has been feeling in a sudden instant.  She was forced to face head on the feelings her heart has been slowly growing for her husband, and she was not ready to face them.  You see as I said before Ridz wanted to be cautious this time around, she wanted to fall slowly, she wanted to make sure her and Sid knew each other well that there would not been anymore misunderstandings and that they were both comfortable with the other.  But by proposing to Ridz and telling her that he loves her and that he wants her to be his, Sid put their relationship on fast forward, (at least according to the way Ridz was feeling) and this freaked her out plain and simple.

So the next day when Sid comes up to Ridz and asks to talk to her.  We do not see the chudail warn him off, instead we get a bumbling Ridz who tries to avoid her husband by claiming she has patients to see.  You see Ridz is seriously thrown off balance by what her husband told her the night before.  She doesn't know what to do.  But Siddhant Modi knows what he wants, and he doesn't let her go that easily.  Instead he forces her into the fire escape and he asks her why she left the way she did.  And then he goes on to prove why he is so meant to be with Ridz.  He goes on and gently confirms that he knows Ridz better than even she knows herself.  By asking her reciprocal questions about whether it makes if a difference when he touches her, if her heart speeds up, whether she thinks about him all the time, whether she cares more about him than herself, and you can see with each question or statement he is forcing Ridz to reveal what she has been keeping hidden from herself.  Each question forces her to drop a layer of protection from her heart.  Then finally he says what she has been trying so hard to hide no just from him but from herself as well.  That even if she doesn't admit to herself that he knows she loves him.  And in that moment Ridz has nothing left to hide, and she certainly has nowhere left to run.  So she looks up slowly to face Sid and to look into the eyes of her truth. Her love. Her husband.

So I leave with this, Sid has once again proven that he is a man with a heart of gold.  That he knows his wife better than she knows herself.  And that his patience has not only healed the broken woman he found months ago, but that his love has allowed this woman to grow into the person she has always meant to be but never thought she could be after all the things life threw at her.  As for Ridz she has already shown us time and time again that she has a soft spot Sid.  But today, she was forced to acknowledge something that she never thought would happen to her again.  She had to admit to herself that she has fallen in love again, and this time it was with her husband Siddhant Modi. 

-Arp

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Arpu my like Button isn't working But wow wow wow this is so so so damn beautiful man ur explanation made it even more beautiful if it wasn't enough

Wow m in awee of ur writing skills girll

My Fav part

He goes on and gently confirms that he knows Ridz better than even she knows herself.  By asking her reciprocal questions about whether it makes if a difference when he touches her, if her heart speeds up, whether she thinks about him all the time, whether she cares more about him than herself, and you can see with each question or statement he is forcing Ridz to reveal what she has been keeping hidden from herself.  Each question forces her to drop a layer of protection from her heart.  Then finally he says what she has been trying so hard to hide no just from him but from herself as well.  That even if she doesn't admit to herself that he knows she loves him.  And in that moment Ridz has nothing left to hide, and she certainly has nowhere left to run.  So she looks up slowly to face Sid and to look into the eyes of her truth. Her love. Her husband.
parishima thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Fizzylicious-

Arpu my like Button isn't working But wow wow wow this is so so so damn beautiful man ur explanation made it even more beautiful if it wasn't enough

Wow m in awee of ur writing skills girll

My Fav part

He goes on and gently confirms that he knows Ridz better than even she knows herself.  By asking her reciprocal questions about whether it makes if a difference when he touches her, if her heart speeds up, whether she thinks about him all the time, whether she cares more about him than herself, and you can see with each question or statement he is forcing Ridz to reveal what she has been keeping hidden from herself.  Each question forces her to drop a layer of protection from her heart.  Then finally he says what she has been trying so hard to hide no just from him but from herself as well.  That even if she doesn't admit to herself that he knows she loves him.  And in that moment Ridz has nothing left to hide, and she certainly has nowhere left to run.  So she looks up slowly to face Sid and to look into the eyes of her truth. Her love. Her husband.

that was really awesome. really i was thinking that  is KW acting his role or in reality expressing his feelings for jenny ? i am not sure i could not come to conclusion the episode was that much intense
athithi thumbnail
Arp:

Beautiful post..
Its a given that Ridz had an excrutiangly difficult life so far - but finally she is reaping for all the hardships of her life.
She found a husband with a heart of gold - who stood by her and snatched her from the claws of death and who mended her wounded heart and stood by her as she transformed herself into a lively spirit.. who does that really??? Sid is surreal.. and the beauty of this is Ridz knows this.. she knows that Sid is special and he loves her and can leap to any heights and depths and will never let go of her.. she didn't mind losing her 'Armaan' to be with Sid..
So now when the moment of truth happened - its too hard for her to believe its for real..
because, like u said, nothing ever happened right in her life..and she is afraid to accept something so perfect..

very well said!!!

TazzyA thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Arpii, Rocking Post Yaar Loved it 😃 xx
AnnaNAshley thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome post...i luved the way u put every thing into wordz...this was by far the best siddhima episode 😳
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
dude..IF needs to upgrade..there should be a freaking love button
supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Reevz.. fab fab post

Ridz has indeed been through soo much in her life. there were soo many decisions which she had made out of the blue and those were the ones that had affected, but also help her grow more.

so no im not mad at Ridz for running away like that

i mean she was also dying to see what Sid was thinking and she did almost come to the conclusion that he may not want her..
so seeing Siddy on his knees, proposing to her with a ring.. was definitely overwhelming for her.. its too instant..

if i was her.. i wouldve ran away too..

but i loved Sid's authority today. He made up his mind that its Ridz he wants. No more going in cirlces. Just get to the point. With each line of Sid, Rid'z frozen heart slowly started to melt 😆. She was sort of stuck but she is starting to glow once again
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I dont know what to comment.. you have portrayed the beauty of Siddhant & riddhima's relationship so gracefully that I am speechless.. i can't agree more, and acknowledge every single emotion you brought through your post

great going girl.. as I said earlier I am fan of your writing yaar 😊
nikita_88 thumbnail
Arps Beautiful post - I so wanted to make a post today but so don't have the time so going to sum up my thoughts here.

Riddhima today was trying to keep her defences up, she couldn't deal with her feelings they aren't new to her but they are effecting her scaring her, if she opens those locked doors, she knows she is going somewhere, where she can never come back from she has fallen in love, a lot deeper and quicker than she ever expected, in her life she was never meant to fall in love again, but she has and she is protecting herself even if she has every certainity that she won't be hurt by him but she questions her fate because like you said hasn't given her anything easily even her relationship with Armaan wasn't easy.

Today when Sid took her into the FE - she was like I have meeting, she wanted to avoid him because she can't face her feelings but Sid is ready and he has been patient but he has realised there is no perfect time to tell someone how you feel, you have to tell them because that person should know. In the FE he was breaking her and her expression said it all she was avoid his gaze cause one gaze and she would melt. He knows this but he knows her feelings as well, he knows she is in love with him and he knows she won't say no, to any question he asks her.

I can't wait for this confession to be the start of a new chapater for these two, who fate brought together, intertwinted and made them one, they always thought they belonged to someone else but what they never knew is that they were the two that were meant to be.

JeRan were fabulous and they totally make me fall in love with Siddhima everyday!