Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Anuradha Paudwal
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Good song selection for Anuradhaji. A big hit when it came out.  We get to see a prime Anuradha Paudwal this time when she was at the height of her career. Another duet with Udit, but this time I don't think Udit at all overshadowed her, opposite if anything.

She also won Filmfare Playback Singer of the year for this.
Edited by ssk13809 - 13 years ago
Hunk101 thumbnail
Wow, thats great! I didnt knew anuradhaji sang dhak dhak! Anuradhaji is such a talented singer she should have been a part of this competition right from the begining. Dhak dhak is an awesome song, anuradhaji has done a perfect job.

I rate it a 10
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Those were the golden days of bollywood.

Perfect "my kind" of track. Clean, simple, sweet and straightforward without too much exaggeration.
I know how many times I listened to this track in the early 92-93 when it used to play on AIR.
Anand Milind's background tunes add to the spiciness of this easy on the ears song.

Now, when we listen to this song for the first time, OK, it sounds simple. But, listen to it again, and again, and you come to appreciate the the genre of this track: romantic with a hint of naughtiness.

Both Anuradhaji and Udit Narayan get equal and ample opportunities to showcase their versatility and equally portray a hint of harkats, read naughtiness(!) to the track which captures the mood. Singing one line after another and correct timing of sur and sync between Udit and Anuradhaji lifts this track to new heights. Mind you, it requires a high level of concentration and many rehersals before the final track like this is green lighted.

And Anuradhaji's perfect all roundedness plays a major role here. Sur, tempo, taal, all touches close to perfection.

I was tempted to give 10, but will reserve to 9. Simply because the benchmarks can be high and competition can be tough.
9/10.
brahmabul thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssk13809

Good song selection for Anuradhaji. A big hit when it came out. We get to see a prime Anuradha Paudwal this time when she was at the height of her career. Another duet with Udit, but this time I don't think Udit at all overshadowed her, opposite if anything.

She also won Filmfare Playback Singer of the year for this.

I am sure you edited your post to add that last line...😛
brahmabul thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This song is still rated as one of the hottest songs of Bollywood. Yes Udit ji for sure does not overshadow Anuradha ji in this song. But neither does Anuradha ji overshadow Udit ji. Both of them have done a great job.

Coming to singing. Really could not find any fault. But still this song is not a perfect 10 material I think.

9/10
xobile thumbnail
This song came out when I was little and I didnt watch it much coz it seemed so dirty 😆
xobile thumbnail
In the spirit of conversation, as ssk deemed it last round, here is some trivia about this song: it was composed by Anand-Milind!

Now you might think that that's no biggie - how is that interesting? Well for somebody who knows, the name Anand-Milind will ring alarm bells for plagiarism. In fact, the website www.itwofs.com doesn't even list all of Anand-Milind's plagiarisms from South Indian movies, because then the 'page will bloat to an unmentionable size'!

And here is the original Telugu song, which has been copied to make 'Dhak Dhak':

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRj6zUwmrOQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The music of the song "Dhak Dhak Karne Laga" was a copy of the hit song "Abbanee teeyani debba" of a 1990 Telugu movie Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari starring Sridevi and Chiranjeevi which in 1991 was dubbed into Hindi as Aadmi Aur Apsara.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Good singing. Has anybody noticed that her singing sounds so much like Lata ji? Coming to the singing, it was very graceful but those touches at the end of "Dhak dhak karne lagaaa" or "Tu hain meri dilrooba" makes it so much better. I thought Anuradha ji wouldn't stand a chance in this round, since her forte is bhajans, but I must say that I was wrong. I give her a 9!