(Siddhima) First comes marriage...then comes love

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Warning: I have not made a post in a while, so this covers most of this weeks epi in one post...if you kno me then you know its long...

There is something just so endearing about love stories that begin after a marriage.  Whether it is because all around us we are surrounded by fairytales in which love is the thing that binds two people together, or whether it's the way we have come to see relationships.  But a love story post marriage is something so rare nowadays.  I mean sure people get married all the time and they might not be "in love" but still they share a bond whether it's as friends or have begun falling in love before.  But to go into marriage with a person you barely know and to start this bond that will tie you to each other not just for this life, but for seven lifetimes is just something unthinkable these days.  And you know what, if someone asked me to do this I would most probably laugh in their face and be like, doubt it.  For before I even think about marriage with this person I need to see if we can even get along, and friendship is something that is a must.  Yet here we are, with a couple bound by fate and brought together by destiny.  And you know what, they make me see something that I was blind to before.  And that is that these two may not know that they are head over heels in love with each other, and yet they have a relationship that is stronger than most people who have known each other for years will ever have.

So today when Ridz was struggling tying her dress and the Sid we all know is latoo over his wife did something he has never done before.  He made the first move, several actually.  He went into the room and right up to his wife and there he stood staring at the beauty that fate had bestowed upon him.  And you know he was in complete awe and shock at the good luck he has.  I mean not only did he save his wife from the freak mansoon, but he found out she wanted him.  I mean, she wanted him over her ex, the man that she was willing to give up her life for.  If that doesn't tell this man that his wife wants him and no one else, then I must say he is a lost cause.  But we all know that Sid is no lost cause, for now that he knows that his wife wants him he is going to do everything in his power to make it right and make her happy.  As has been said ever since Sid started his self-sacrifice when Armaan reentered their lives, all Sid was waiting for is sign from his wife on what she wants.  If she is still in love with Armaan and is only staying with her husband out of duty then Sid will never stand in their way, in fact he will pave the way himself.  BUT if his wife wants her husband for who he is, wants him inspite of the love she was willing to give her life up for, then Sid will grab that hand of Ridz's and hold on tight and he will never ever let go.  We already saw him take steps before she left the hospital with the note and the flowers.  But when he found her unconscious and fighting for life, in that moment Sid knew that nothing would destroy him more than losing Ridz forever.  So he made the decision to stop fighting on her behalf and to instead fight for her.  He was going to take her at her word, that she didn't want Armaan, and that she wanted him. (I'm sure he had already started to believe before hence the flowers, but this just solidified his resolve). 

As for Ridz, all she has been waiting for since Armaan came back was for a sign from Sid that he wants to be with her, that he didn't marry her out of pity.  Up until the flowers she was still unsure of not just his feelings for her, but whether or not he even wanted her in her life.  But you see the flowers were the first of many signs for Ridz.  I mean she walked into her office and there she saw a white rose and she knew it was from Sid (As I've said before Armaan is a dreamer and if they were from him they would have been all over Sanjeevani, and red with his name all over them, not a single white rose)  So once again Ridz was left thinking about what this single white rose meant from her silent brooder.  And before she could even get all knotted up about what it could mean, there stood her husband with a dozen red flowers in his hands looking sweet, and awkward.  And in that moment Ridz knew.  She knew that Sid wanted this relationship to work, that her Sid from the dhaabi was back.  For why would Sid bring her flowers twice in one day, if all he wanted was to say sorry to her (as the white rose implied) then he would have left it at that.  But see Ridz knows her Sid, and she knows that this cute doctor is no Armaan, and that as far as impressing the ladies goes he's quite awkward at it. (I ask you to refer to the dropping off Ridz at Naina's house scene where he said those adorable, but completely awkward lines, about the emergency money and about the hospital missing her)  So as she left her office she took the flowers her cute husband held in his hands, and then paused in the doorway and her lips lifted to a slight smile.  And that smile said it all.  It was the smile of a woman who was once again at peace in her life.  Oh sure they still needed to talk and a lot of stuff had to be cleared, but all that would come.  For now she was content in knowing that Sid still wanted her in his life, that her Sid was back.  As for the second sign bestowed upon her that she was more than just wanted by Sid, was when he came out of nowhere and rescued her from death's door once again.  Sure she had called Sid but he never answered (and apparently voicemails are unheard of), so instead she called Armaan who did pick up.  So her being rescued wasn't as big of a shock as the person who ended up rescuing her.  For once again her knight came to her rescue and that too without even being told that his services were needed.  And the relief, and joy on Sid's face and that hug with which he held her showed how much she meant to him. Then there was the care he took of her post storm, the gentleness, the disregard to his health for hers, all just solidified what Ridz has been yearning for all along.  That Sid cares for her.

So today when Sid came up behind her to tie her dress, yeah she looked up in shock, as I've said this was the first time Sid has taken a move towards her without his anger or fate having to intervene.  You see today was the first time Siddhant Modi used his rights as a husband.  His wife was standing in her room trying to tie her top, and the old Sid would have stared from the door and been content with looking and then would have probably left closing the door.  But this new Siddhant, this one that has decided that he is going to fight for his wife did what he has been wanting to do for so long. He went up behind her, tied her strings for her.  And then as she started to walk away he grabbed her and placed a gentle, yet steamy, kiss on her shoulder.  And Ridz let him, she didn't stiffen up she didn't get nervous, instead she was moved, moved by the affection her husband was bestowing on her.  See that moment, where Sid grabbed Ridz's waist and she let him was the beginning of their love story.  For from that moment, each has opened the doors to their hearts to each other and neither were going to hide in fear.  Rather they are going to walk down this path and discover love together.  Also, by opening the doors of their hearts they were able to gain the one thing that has been missing for sooo long, communication.  The second each let go of the strings of their hearts the other was able to hear their thoughts, they were able to read the words that were never spoken aloud, but were always said through their eyes.  See I said it before, the second Ridz realizes that Sid wants her and the second Sid realizes that she wants him the words will be no longer important.  For Siddhant is the kind of man who shows his love in millions of small gestures, its in the things he does everyday, the way he puts her regards in front of his, the way he takes care of her before himself, the way he stands before her and the world.  And now that Sid has shown Ridz that he wants her, she too can see the ways he showers his love on her.

So the next day Ridz does something kind of unexpected, at least unexpected for the Ridz we have been seeing of late, and that is she goes to Sid's house.  There she rings the bell, many times impatiently and you see she has the anxiety of a little girl waiting for her crush to come to the door and smile down on her.  So she walks into the house, and yeah she pauses and she feels Armaan.  As I said he was her first love, she will never forget him so of course if he is near she will feel him, but the second she sees Sid that feeling she felt is no longer important.  Instead this man standing before her is, for he is the one she wants now, he is her future.  Then we get the awkwardness back, but it is so endearing to watch.  And there we watch Ridz and Sid finally doing something each has been wanting to do for so long.  No not cooking, but doing something normal.  They are doing what any normal couple would do they are making breakfast together and they are spending time together.  But of course this is Sid and Ridz and so after a while they get another hit of awkwardness.  But this time the awkwardness does not lead to misunderstandings or confusion, instead it leads to them using that new mode of communication that only these two understand.  They went from lack of communication to reading each others' thoughts, and it was such a joy to watch.   

You see that is the beauty of this marriage before love.  Sid and Ridz have gone through hell and back, they have fought against each other and then they have fought for each other.  And through all of this their bond has only grown tighter.  And now, now these two are at a point where each knows the other wants them in their lives that this marriage is the most important relationship.  Sure they don't know that they have both already fallen for each other and that there is no longer a need to impress, that all that simply needs to be done is to say the words each is trying so hard to hold back.  But as I've said, these two did not have a relationship of any kind before they got married, and so now we will get the treat of watching these two soulmates fall in love with one another.

-Arp
Edited by arp04srocks - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

splash thumbnail
well said as they say the people who love the most do not boast abot their love they show it silently
supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
awesome post Arp👏

i fully agree with your first paragraph cuz thats what i used to think too.. I mean i always felt it weird on how people who didnt know each other can get married just like that..i soo didnt get the point of arranged marriages
it felt too weird for me..

but with SR it was a total different experience. It was shocking to me that love can happen after marriage.. it was beautiful indeed...

Siddhima share a silent love.. Words cant be used to describe it.. it is better left with just the feelings as its more everlasting..
its the feel of it.. a new dimension which can be explored in different aspects
SATHYA88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
lovely lovely post-   Siddhima's awesome chemistry pops out at me with every word you have written.  You are a truly talented writer.
ChristLover thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Why don't you write script for DMG??? Such an awesome post....I wish you could write my GEC philo papers for me....kitna deeply think kiya hai......
arp04srocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: splash

well said as they say the people who love the most do not boast abot their love they show it silently

Thanks for reading and commenting...

and i agree actions speak much louder than words...for words are easy to speak...but to carry out things with actions it is much more difficult
arp04srocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: supercool3

awesome post Arp👏

i fully agree with your first paragraph cuz thats what i used to think too.. I mean i always felt it weird on how people who didnt know each other can get married just like that..i soo didnt get the point of arranged marriages
it felt too weird for me..

but with SR it was a total different experience. It was shocking to me that love can happen after marriage.. it was beautiful indeed...

Siddhima share a silent love.. Words cant be used to describe it.. it is better left with just the feelings as its more everlasting..
its the feel of it.. a new dimension which can be explored in different aspects

Awww thanks V~

I agree SR were indeed eyeopeners in many ways...

Ps love the bold...such a great way to sum up what these two share...
arp04srocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: SATHYA88

lovely lovely post-   Siddhima's awesome chemistry pops out at me with every word you have written.  You are a truly talented writer.

Aww thank you for the kind words😳...and especially for reading😃
arp04srocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khushi007

Why don't you write script for DMG??? Such an awesome post....I wish you could write my GEC philo papers for me....kitna deeply think kiya hai......

Oye Khushi...If i write your philo paper you will sure fail...i am only good at explaining the Magnetic Confusion theory...all other theories (outside of some chem and bio ones) are beyond my scope...as for DMG if was writing yaar i'm not even going to comment....vo log mera logic dekh kar baar phekte mujhe
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
lovely post my dear..i am damn sure CVs ke dimaag mein itna intracate thoughts nahin aayehonge.. your thoughts are so noteworthy and it is true that sid and ridz are finally laying the foundation for their realtionship