SRA Goodbyes are never easy...

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Goodbyes...

No matter how old you are no matter how many times you have said them before, goodbyes are never easy nor will they ever be.  And saying goodbye to your first love is something so much more.  I know when we all fall in love we think it is going to be forever, and for some it is.  Often times however, that first love is simply a stop we must make so that we may grow into the people we are meant to be. Does that mean that the love that was shared was unimportant? Certainly not, but rather that love is probably the most important.  For it sets up the expectations we will have from all future loves.

The basketball court was the best place for two such first loves to say goodbye.  To close the door to a past that will forever be cherished but can never progress.  And regardless of what you personally believe, or feel, either about the show or the characters your heart takes notice of such a bittersweet point in these two people's lives.  For two people who fell in love and everything in their world was so perfect.  They both cherished and loved the other, and knew the other did as well.  They had an empty canvas upon which to paint their future on.  Sure they had their bumps but through it all they were together and the future was as wide as the ocean.  But of course, life does not leave its followers unscathed.  And the blow life dealt these two was something that could never be mended again.  For when Armaan left Ridz out of love he thought he would never return to her whole again.  And when Ridz finally burnt Armaan's photos and through them his memories from her heart on the eve of her wedding she never thought he would walk through the doors of her life again. 

Yet, as we all know life is neither fair nor is it kind.  And what these two never thought would happen did.  Call it a miracle or call it a nightmare but a man who was supposed to be long gone came back, and woman who was never supposed to move on from her first love did.  You see that's the funny thing about life.  It's always changing and no matter how much you may want it to standstill, it never will.  Oh sure, you can wallow in your hurt and lock yourself up in your room, but outside the world continues to revolve and people continue to live their lives and eventually you must emerge from your safe haven and learn to live life again.  For this journey of life is far too long for you to spend it locked up inside your room.  And this is exactly what Ridz was forced to do months ago, when she was faced with the consequences of her moment of weakness.  When Ridz emerged from the poison fiasco she emerged a new woman, a woman who saw what her need for having the world stand still had led her to.  The woman standing before her was one she didn't recognize and it was certainly one she didn't like.  For this woman was a woman who did not care about those around her, not her parents, not her sister and certainly not this stranger who had sacrificed his whole life for a woman he barely knew.

So as I said, life refuses to leave us unchanged.  And after that suicide attempt Ridz was forced to move back into the land of the living.  Oh sure it was slow and it was long, and it was fortunate for her that she married a man who had the patience for it, but she finally started to move forward with her life.  Slowly she started to live again.  She started to see colors around her, she started talking to her parents, and she started liking the man she ended up marrying.  I am sure eventually Ridz would have returned to the land of living if she were alone.  For life refuses to leave us alone. Whether she would have returned with a smile and new zest for life, I'm not so sure.  For it is Siddhant and his constant watch over that she came to see that there is more to life than pain, that there is more to life than living for one's self.  That life is much fuller if we allow others to become a part of it and if we live for others.  For isn't that was Sid is doing? He gave up his single life for a woman who was broken, in love with another man, and whom he wasn't even sure liked him.

So today when Ridz tells Armaan, "We can't let our past hurt our today.  I know saying this is easy, but Armaan you need to move forward with your life." All of the things she is speaking is as person who has lived through that exact situation.  These are no empty words for she knows much too well what this separation is going cost Armaan, for it is what she lost when life forced her to give him up.  And she confirms it with the words, "Just because I was silent didn't meant I didn't know the pain you were going through.  That I didn't feel the pain you went through. That I don't understand."  And you know it's the truth.  Because she has stood where Armaan stood.  In fact, where she stood was probably worse because Armaan turned away from her without any words of explanation. She was simply left with the reality that he didn't want her.  Even if it was out of love the end result was that she was to spend her life without him, just as now Armaan must learn to live life without her in it.  But she also knows that although he is in pain right now, and most likely will be for a long while.  Eventually, he too will find a new meaning for life.  He too will find something worth living for.  She certainly hopes he finds love as she did with Sid.  But if not love, then something else will certainly come along and find this wonderful man. 

And Armaan.  Today my heart simply broke for this dreamer.  It is never easy to say goodbye, and to say goodbye to a woman whom you fought death for must be impossible.  But as I said, life refuses to let you dwell in the past.  His one mistake of leaving Ridz for her own good cost him.  And it cost him big.  No I do not blame him for all that went down, for as I said this was caused by something much larger, this was something set into motion by destiny.   Armaan and Ridz were simply not meant to be.  Is it heartbreaking? Absolutely.  Is it sad? Heck yeah.  But is it really so hard to understand? No.   Because you see in life we meet many people and no matter how little time we spend with them they play a role in who we become.  Whether they are good or bad, acquaintances or loves, each and every person touches our heart.  And Armaan touched Ridz's heart in a way no other man will be able to, he was her first love.  The man who made her fairytales come true for her.  Just as Ridz was Armaan's first love, the woman who taught him that in love it is far more important to be selfless than selfish.  However, a future was simply not in the cards for them call it whatever you like, but fate simply would not allow these two to stay together.  For fate has other plans, as we all know that plan is for Ridz to be with Sid.  And fate certainly has a plan for Armaan.  What it is only time can tell. 

So I leave with this...life is a long journey we each embark on.  And where it will lead no one ever knows nor can they control.  But there is one thing that we can control and it is the way we let the experiences of life influence us.  Take what destiny doles out to you and embrace, for it will only lead to your own growth.  As I've said before and I'll say it again Riddhima Modi will always always love Armaan Malik.  He was her first love, he was the man who showed her what love is and he fulfilled the dreams of her little girl heart.  But life taught her many hard lessons and through them she became a woman she never even thought she could become.  And the woman she is now is one that unfortunately, cannot belong to Armaan.  But that does not mean she will forget Armaan for his love was the path that paved her way to where she was meant to be.  Where destiny had intended for her to find her soulmate, the man she was meant to spend eternity with her husband, her soulmate, Siddhant Modi.

You know the rules...play nice

-Arp

Edited by arp04srocks - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing!!
Yes! That's life! It's not cruel, neither unfair , it's just how it is and we can do nothing about accept it with all are heart!
AR were the symbol of perfectness, how a fairy tale couple is, they had a perfect start , a perfect courtship and a perfect future , but then life threw it's characterstic twist and turn at them and their story didn't remain the same and could never be the same. I know ridz was lucky to get Sid.. Life was a little kind at her. She got the man who could wait, she got the man who could understand. But even if Sid hadn't come she would have move on. Maybe it would have taken a little more, it would have been a lot more harder. But she would have moved on cause after a while when the shock us over , when you can't stop yourself from thinking the inevitable question "What next?" you realise that Life is too precious to let it go just like this!
It's the only life we get!! .. The only chance.
Once again I would say Amazing post!! =)
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing post! Beautiful and moving! 
u have penned down everything so well....i simply Loved it! πŸ‘

yes goodbyes are always hard but....at times they are the right thing to do n its for the good. 😊
princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing post Arpu!!

We get nothing we wanted in life but we get everything we needed in life...! this is life's moral story !!

TO desire to be with each other....not an outcome of life for AR but .....not even think about SR----they are planned .........and needed to be together...........God has bind them to inner depth connection !!

Love Ya Arpu for one more spellbounded post !!
nikita_88 thumbnail
πŸ‘Great posts!

Agree Goodbyes are so hard!
Amazing post as always! You explain everything so beautifully!

Arman was ridhimmas first love and he will always have a special place in her heart but now she has found her soulmate, sid, with whom she will now start a new beginning!😊
ssdtvgojan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
WoW Arps.........

Such a awesome post..........Always Goodbyes are very hard.....Truly loved the way u expressed it in writing.........

As I've said before and I'll say it again Riddhima Modi will always always love Armaan Malik.  He was her first love, he was the man who showed her what love is and he fulfilled the dreams of her little girl heart.  But life taught her many hard lessons and through them she became a woman she never even thought she could become.  And the woman she is now is one that unfortunately, cannot belong to Armaan.  But that does not mean she will forget Armaan for his love was the path that paved her way to where she was meant to be.  Where destiny had intended for her to find her soulmate, the man she was meant to spend eternity with her husband, her soulmate, Siddhant Modi.

Totally loved this part .........Truly wonderfully written....

Also i love the way we SRians like Armaan character........
Keep Going........πŸ‘

the way cvs showed us the AR good bye is VERY beautiful..............

i m in AWE of DMG cvs

and of course...KAJEN were fab in that scene

hats off to the DMG TEAM

@arp.......i m at a loss of adjectives to describe ur writing capacity.........

Edited by luvarti - 13 years ago
rapunzel84 thumbnail
Woah...Double Bonanza this week!! Man r u good or r u GOOD! Y isnt there a LOVE button...Coz i loveeddddd ur post...One of your best ever!! TAKE A BLOODY BOW GIRL!!!! πŸ‘

I dun wanna add or say anything else...This post was PERFECT!!!!
arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks all for reading and commenting......πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by arp04srocks - 13 years ago