Shocking results- Didn't expect this from IIFA!

Amii90 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
There are lot of award ceremonies that are held to honour the work of actors/actresses in our cinema. Filmfare, IIFA are such reputable awards. But the results from IIFA 2010 has shocked me. The best award for actress in leading role have been given to two actresses: Vidya Balan for Paa and Kareen Kapoor for 3 idiots.

First of all there was no need to give awards to two actresses and secondly if there was a tie, it shouldn't have been Kareena Kapoor. She didn't have the role of leading actress in 3 idiots as it wasn't a full fledged role. it was merely supporting role. And considering the fact that in the same category, they have awarded Vidya Balan who was infact a leading actress who had such a challenge in front of her to be mother of a kid suffering from progeria.

I really don't understand how these awards are working out. Theres nothing against Kareena but I am merely pointing out the work differences and how they are giving such prestigious awards without any consideration whatsoever.

Even much more honourable awards like Padma Bushan awards and National Awards have been given Saif Ali khan and Arjun Rampal respectively. They have totally forgotten the significance of such honours by simply giving it to anyone.

I honestly think the jury should make their decisions wisely before honouring anyone.

Heres the link to view the results from IIFA Awards 2010.

http://filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=14876

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
And negative role for Boman. It should have gone to Amol Gupte for Kaminey.
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
me too was like "Faint" when i came to know kareena won best actress award, she is one of my favorite, but if it was about the leading role then she was awesome in kurbaan, there she deserved best actress award, thats why sometimes i feel what aamir khan is doing is correct, dont know how these honours are given
gossipgurls thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
its IIfA you really thought they would be fair???

they are seriously pissed at bachans right now .... n we should be glad fr that if not we would have them win every category they were nominated
contingency thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
What makes me laugh is the Love Aaj Kaal won best music. Really? Dili 6 was one of the best soundtracks I have heard recently.

Yeah, I didn't get why Kareena and Vidya both won. Especially since the movie for the tie was messed up.
Micky_elle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Love aaj kal won for best choreography as well...Even sanjay won for best comedy actor when it should had been given to omi vaidya for 3 idiots. Feel bad for Vidya that she had to share her award with kareena. Iifa is worst than filmfare!! 
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Are you guys really surprised? lol
Come on, indian award shows, lol.

Just look at it this way, if htey had to nominate kareena, they overlook the film where she actually gave a strong lead performance in (Kurbaan) and nominate her for almost a side role in 3 Idiots.

I wasnt even expecting her to have a chance, lol.

Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
all awards these days are unfair. may it be SPA, IFFA, SSA etc
monica201 thumbnail
Even I'm shocked..most of the awards are joke now, which is sad and unfair for deserving contenders.
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Another problem with Bollywood awards is that they usually ignore commercially unsuccessful movies...does not matter if it had brilliant performances.