Users

Frequent Posters

sumesh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Life Partner Music Review

Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 15:16 [IST]
By: Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Hungama

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/reviews/2009/life-partner-music-review-220709.html

EXPECTATIONS
With Pritam at the helm of affairs, you do expect a frothy album. And when Javed Akhtar joins the show, you look forward to the kind of songs that the combo comes up with. After all, the film is expected to be an out and out family entertainer with ample laughs in it. Moreover, actors like Govinda, Tusshar Kapoor and Genelia D'Souza do promise good fun. To add to this, since Life Partner is maiden production venture of Abbas-Mustan, one does expect a good album with a series of peppy numbers in the offering.

Buzz up!
The album begins quite well with 'Kuke Kuke' and within 20 seconds you realize that this is a parody in the offering. Antara Mitra sings badly, as is the requirement of the situation where the girl (Genelia D'Souza) is supposed to be playing a really bad singer. While she sings in all her glory, Shaan and Debojeet Daata try to stop her from committing the 'crime'. Though there isn't much to take home lyrically since the song is set more into conversational mode, Pritam's tune is peppy enough, especially the part around the phrase 'Tauba Meri Tauba Meri', which makes 'Kuke Kuke' catchy enough. The 'remix version' is well placed too and adds on the young mood of the film.

'Teri Meri Yeh Zindagi' which follows next is nice and sweet but doesn't quite break any new grounds. A harmless number which has a decent melody to it, this Soham Chakraborty and Shreya Ghoshal duet is a love song which reminds one of 'Tere Bin' from Bhagam Bhag, though it has a little more pace to it.

There is quite some noise in store though with the arrival of 'Aage Aage' which is as annoying as it gets. In fact the entire idea of getting together a bunch of singers with Mika Singh, Shakti Singh, Ajay Jhingaran, Soham Chakraborty and Antara Mitra goes completely wrong. It is difficult to imagine Pritam coming up with a tune like this which was pass way back in 70s. Though placed as a fun number, it just doesn't justify its appearance in the album and is a quick skip.

Kirti Sagathia gets into his 'He Jee Re' mode once again in the 'garba' number 'Gunji Aangna Mein Shehnai'. Yet again, the number doesn't quite work and the tune is nothing better than a dozen odd songs belonging to this genre that has been heard before. Sunidhi Chauhan is heard for most part of the number but the number only acts as a hindrance in Life Partner from which one had entirely different expectations. Disappointing.

Guest lyricist Kumaar is roped in to write 'Poorza Poorza' which has Sunidhi Chauhan coming behind the mike once again. Set entirely in 'S For Soniya' [Kidnap] template (which was created by Pritam himself), 'Poorzaa Poorzaa' with Kunal Ganjawala also chipping in is 'heard today, enjoyed for the moment and forgotten tomorrow' number. Still, it is better than the likes of 'Aage Aage' and 'Gunji Aangna Mein Shehnai'. Also, at the least it managed to bring some fun back into the album with its 'remix version' making an appearance in the album.

OVERALL
Life Partner is hardly an album that a listener would want to partner for an entire lifetime. Only a couple of songs manage to make their presence felt but the remainder of the album ranges from average to disappointing. In the current times when there are quite a few other albums like Love Aaj Kal, Teree Sang, Kaminey and Jashnn making a mark, it would be an uphill task for Life Partner to make its presence felt.

OUR PICK(S)
'Kuke Kuke', 'Poorza Poorza'
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH8-_UsYyIk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfmqbXm6neg[/YOUTUBE]Edited by sumesh - 13 years ago
sumesh thumbnail
Producer: Harry Baweja
Director: Vikram Bhatt
Starring: Aashish Chaudhary, Aftab Shivdasani, Amrita Arora, Sanjay Suri, Sophie Chaudhary, Tanushree Datta, Urmila Matondkar, and Zayed Khan
Music: Pritam
Lyrics: Mayur Puri
Singers: Antara Mitra, Joy, Shaan, Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan
Audio On: Tips    Number of Songs: 6
Album Released on: June 2007

Public Rating Average: 4.86 / 10 (rated by 42 listeners) Give your Rating:

Will we get a thrill ride that will keep us at the edge of our seats or a damp squib at the box office? Speed stars Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock and the character affectionately known as the BUS (which oddly enough means stop in Gujarati, which wouldn't really make you very'. speedy). Oh, wait a sec, that's the wrong movie! Ah,, here we have our Hindi film titled, "Speed" brought to us by that fan of the "inspired" films, director Vikram Bhatt. It's interesting that Mr. Bhatt at this point in his career is desperately trying to score a hit after recent flops like "Red" and "Life Mein Khabie Khabie". Actually, it's been several years since he has had any hit to his credit. You'd have to go all the way back to "Raaz". So what's a starving for a hit director to do? Get inspired of course! The cast of this movie includes a veritable boatload of second tier stars such as Aashish Chaudhary, Aftab Shivdasani, Amrita Arora, Sanjay Suri, Sophie Chaudhary, Tanushree Datta, Urmila Matondkar, and Zayed Khan. Harry Baweja produces the movie. If the producer, director and cast don't impress you, then perhaps Pritam as the music director will. Yes, the bearded one returns with a new soundtrack after scoring huge hits like "Life in a'Metro" in 2007. So now, do you feel the need'. for "SPEED"!? (Side Note: Tips Music, once a giant in the music industry, has released the soundtrack, somehow getting it away from the omnipresent T-Series which seems to release everything these days.)

It's always a odd mix in Hindi films when you have an action movie that is also a musical. Certain directors like Sanjay Gupta ("Musafir", "Zinda" and "Shootout at Lokhandwalla") combine the action and musical genre well. With a title like "Speed" the moviegoer might think that the music would be "Fast" and "Furious". Let's speedily go through this review and find out what kind of music Pritam has brought to us this time.

At first listen, the music seems to be anything but fast and furious as Pritam falls back to his soft-techno-pop-ballad-dance music pattern. It seems that when the music director wants to coast through, he falls back on this tried and true formula. Not that it's a bad thing; it's just that he has raised the bar so high with his recent soundtracks that we expect more from him.

The first track, "Hello" is a peppy number that zips along at a pleasant pace. In this age of instant gratification and super fast come ons, this number will hit home to a lot of listeners. The super youthful Shaan provides the voice for the guy who is trying to win over the girl of his cellular dreams. The husky voiced Sunidhi Chauhan provides the sultry put downs that make Shaan try even harder. It's standard dance-pop fare, but grows on the listener the more you listen to it. Mayur Puri provides the not so deep lyrics. Do you feel the need for "SPEED"? Not yet, as this song is slightly up-tempo, but doesn't break any speed limits with its originality.

The next song zips right into the fast lane. Pritam amps up the music and hits the accelerator to bring us, "Wanna Wanna". Shaan and Sunidhi return to drive you crazy with this track that is heavy on the synths and adds dhol beats at just the right moments. Pritam knows how to get listeners going and this shows how deft he is in putting together a catchy catchphrase with the right musical arrangement. Mayur Puri is gonna gonna impress with "Wanna Wanna". Do you feel the need for "SPEED"? Yes! Pull me over right now, because I'm going to be blasting this song on my car stereo and breaking the speed limit. (Note: Dear readers, I do not now or ever condone speeding. Unless you feel like it that is!).

Whew, so far I have not been pulled over for speeding, but shall I slow down with the next oddly titled track, "Tikhi Tikhi". There are different versions of this song on the album, and the placement of them is odd, as you have this version (STOMP) followed by the regular version and after another song, the third version. The stomp beat is a repetitive heavy percussive beat at regular intervals (sorta like stomping your feet down on the floor when an ant is crawling up your pants and at the same time clapping your hands together.). It's certainly a different sounding track that breaks from the standard dance tempo tunes that Pritam is known for. The singer Joy (Last heard on the soundtrack for "Kya Love Story Hai") infuses a youthful feel to the track. Mayur Puri's lyrics are just right, after all, how deep do you want a song that is titled "Tikhi Tikhi" to be? For the record, the first STOMP mix is the best one out of the three on the album. So, do you still feel the need for "SPEED"?! Yes, keep speeding down the fast lane!

Now, oddly enough the fourth track is, "Tikhi Tikhi" again (dj vu). This is the original mix, and it's sllllooow. The percussive rhythm is softer than the STOMP version, and the song somewhat slows down the momentum that the first three tracks had built up. I wonder who actually decides on the order of songs on apna Hindi soundtracks? I can't believe that Pritam would actually want the two Tikhi(s) in a row. I could fill this paragraph up with verbose comments on how the track is perfect for lounging around and setting your car on cruise control, but I will spare you. Do you still feel the need for "SPEED"!? Not so much with this track, let's slow down and simply enjoy the view.

For the next track, "Loving You", Pritam brings back the "Whoah WHOAH OHHHH" chorus that he seems to like so much. I seriously think that he must have these guys on speed dial (ouch, sorry, couldn't resist). Smooth voiced kurly krazy Sonu Nigam always raises the quality of any song that he vocalizes and this one is no exception. He brings an energy level to the song that is ably supported by Pritam's somewhat standard use of drum machines, keyboards and a smattering of Spanish guitar (Something we have heard before in soundtracks like "Ankahee"). Antara Mitra provides the female vocals, and is passable. It's time to drive fast and furious again as the song speeds by at a quick pace. Mayur Puri's lyrics are just right. I think I feel the need for "SPEED" again, though Pritam is speedily running out of creativity on this album.

The sixth and final track is another version of "Tikhi Tikhi". The stomp beats return, but with a faster up-tempo rhythm. It's really nothing new, or even interesting and by this time you might be tired of listening to the song, I know I was. It certainly made me quite aware that on this soundtrack, we only have four original songs and the rest is all filler. Will you still feel the need for "SPEED"!? Not so much, by the end of the album, as it seems the car has run out of gas.

The songs to watch out for on this album are "Wanna Wanna" and "Hello". Do speed and add these to your IPOD's playlist. To be honest, I think Pritam hit cruise control on this album, sat back, and composed the songs in the basic Pritam house style. So, while I felt the need for "SPEED" at the beginning of the album, by the end of it, I just want to park the car and get on to other things as I sing, "It's my way, or the highway!"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEUJ97M6QDU[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by sumesh - 13 years ago
sumesh thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxZlddxgss[/YOUTUBE]
Sonu86 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hello ji Hello...kaise hai sab?? kitne saal ho gaye mere yeha aaye hue....kisiko yaad hu kya main???

Hooooooooooooooyyyyyyyy.....aapko to yaad hi hoga...πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

Bheegi si Bhaagi si.....In love with this song....
Sonu86 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumesh

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1410449

Hi sonuuuuuuuuuu hw r u?? its beeeeeeeeeeen so longgggggggggg

Here si the link....:-)

Hooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......😊😊😊😊😊.....I am fine Sumesh....aap kaise hai? aur humari Bhabhi ji kaisi hai??😊😊....i know its been so long since i came here....i saw new people in this FC.....by the way Koeli ne apna ID change kiya hai kya???/
Sonu86 thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhy

aww sonu swtyy..after soo long..πŸ€—where hv u been my dear..πŸ˜•missed u?
last we talked in facebook..isnt it?😳plss cum here..😊lets hv those old fun days backπŸ˜ƒ

ohhh sorry now it works..πŸ˜†jus edited itπŸ˜†

yesssssss Madhy......its been sooooooooooooo long since  have been to this FC.....i am only active in Amit Paul FC....u know I am still crazy about him....πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰......but ya I missed you all too....and yes last time we talked was in FB.....I heard bheegi si bhaagi si and fell in love with it....and couldn't resist coming here....so I am back....hope to have those fun days back....πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
...Antara all the wayyyyyyyy
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sonu86

Hooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......😊😊😊😊😊.....I am fine Sumesh....aap kaise hai? aur humari Bhabhi ji kaisi hai??😊😊....i know its been so long since i came here....i saw new people in this FC.....by the way Koeli ne apna ID change kiya hai kya???/

HEYYYY Sonuuuuuuuuuuuuuu πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—..yup yup ...i have changed my ID ..lekin dhindora pitke sabko bata dia ..ek tum hi nahi thi isi liye bata nahi payee ......kaisii ho ..omg!!!! so good to see u ...u must come now ...

U know even we don't see each other on this fc but  we leave msgs for all ....

Moreover Antara has been in news  for quite sometime ...1st Junoon kuchh kar dikhane ka NDTV ...then IPL rockstar show...then singing in  All The Best and now Rajneeti ..bheegi si bhagi si .... 

Our Sumesh is soon going to lose his bachelor hoodπŸ˜›πŸ₯³ ...toh Virtual wife ki Vidaii  karke woh ab real wife ko shaadi karne jaa raha hai .....ab humne ek mast bachelor party arrange karenge isi FC pe .......with all Antara's songs  ...

Gowthy ..remember u have to arrange Sumesh's wedding this time too ...πŸ˜ƒ

madhy thumbnail

Originally posted by: indian888

woh madhy

very good job πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

sumesh - please check fan club no ...as on front page we are still showing 32 ...i think this is 34 0r 35

bitu u didnt check front pg completelyy😭
aww bad bad guyy..πŸ₯±
i hv edited all her audio songs & edited more.😳
yea i'll edit da FC which we missed to count..u kno da thing is dat now i hv 4got how to link da word which i used to do b4.πŸ˜­πŸ˜†donno how we used to do it..sumesh do u kno how to do it?i completely forgot as we missed complete 2 yrs without doing any creativ things like that.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

madhy thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumesh

thx madhy....u r so fast.....I will post all reviews soon....

mine is i5 proccessor..its latest one...core proccessor...2.27 Ghz speed...4GB ram...500GB Hard disk...😳'

very sad to hear abt ur new lap...hope it gets repaired soon...my old oen HP dv2000 also fell down one time...but after that 6 month it was ok,....then showed display issues...after that somehow I used around 8 months & last month bought thsi new one...

I bought the HP core 2 one 3600 dirhams 2.5 yrs ago...when i sold i got 650 Dirhams only...:-(

the i5 new one cost 3000 dirhams....much faster....hope It wont fall down soon & I cna use atleast 2 years without any compalints...

aww dats grt i thout u put somthing like 1.5...😳
i hope ur one dosnt fall..πŸ˜›
abto u can cum online at anytime even wen ur not at office?😳
ru still in Dubai?😊
wat? ur fiancee in india?πŸ˜•

aww she must be missing u a lottttttπŸ˜³πŸ˜‰

madhy thumbnail

Originally posted by: kuhu.kuhu

Wohhh Madhyyy ..that's awesomeee πŸ‘...

And I like the title πŸ˜‰...thanks sweety ....

Thankooo thankooo Sumesh and Bitu for liking the title ..I am thinking of naming myself as title queen 🀣...I have given so many titles to soo many threads and games till now .......πŸ˜ƒ

By the way ..u guys ..do u know there is a 'like' button at the bottom of everybopdy's name??? ...kabhi kabhi woh button dabaao ....Bitu is very lazy I know but Sumesh u should not be lazy.... at least now ...now u should be mopre than active πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†   .. 

Madhy has spent so much time to put everything tog to make this  FC is look great !!!!!!!.....

jaao jaake button dabake u show ur appreciation ...

agar yeh post achha laga toh yahaan bhi button dabaao ....πŸ˜† 

awwwwwwwwwwwww yea koeliiii i luvd the title.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.ur a title queen..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
i was actually thinkng wat to put as a title as i donno how to put it in hindhi...i was abt to put somthing like rajneetii..thank god u posted da title name...actully wats da meaning of bheegsi & bhageesi?..i donno da actual meaning of it...raining??.but it sounds great for me..since u given it i knew it wud be perfect..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ofcoz i kno hindhi as i took complete 7yrs & gaduated frm kekta soap training centreπŸ˜†dats how i learned hindhiiπŸ˜›..i kno watever ppl say in hindhii..but i donno anything written in hindhi language..dats y i cudnt understand kites as da subtitle was cuming in hindhiii.😭.wat barbara was talking i didnt kno..i wish it was frm hindhi & the subtitle was in english..😭😭but yaha tho ulta huaaπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

areee koeliii bituuu proved me wrong i thout he has becum really active but he is not..he didnt check da front pg..may be jus front he didnt check all posts like her playback offer & all the corner of it..πŸ˜•

thanks koelii for liking it..πŸ€—yea i put some effort to find all & edit things together..😊

πŸ˜†