One Shot - Love is a Battlefield

sabihaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Hey.

Reading everyone's FFs and OS' made me want to start a collection of my own :)

Love is a Battlefield

"OMG. Can you believe that he isn't here yet? I mean, he promised he'd make it in time. But no!" Geet was fuming - her best friend was meant to take her to a function that she'd been dying to attend. However, work and traffic was slowing him down, and Geet couldn't stand it anymore - until..

"Sorry I'm late. You know what Mumbai traffic is like sweetie." "OMG. Look, it's only an hour till the function, and I've been pacing ever since you called. How.. dare.. you.. come so damn late!" Each word was accentuated with a punch to his shoulder.

"Geet! Stop punching and look at yourself, not even dressed!" Geet looked down and realised in all her anger she'd forgotten to get changed Imagine walking into the hall in jeans!

He chuckled as she ran up the stairs almost colliding into Rajji who was on her way to greet him.

"OMG! Do you mind driving a little faster? I swear, you drive like a Dadi, no wonder you couldn't come to my place on time." Geet squirmed in her seat, trying not to think of the function, and the sole reason she was going. He watched her antics, knowing very well why she was so nervous. "If only she knew what she was looking for was right here."

"Can you believe he's coming? I mean actually coming to the function. Gurwinder Chadha, India's latest billionaire. He still looks as dreamy as ever... as soon as he sees me, I know we'll re-create that magic we had." "Geet, sweetie, he's not the same person you knew. For your own sake, please tread carefully." He could only imagine what Geet could get herself into - the amount of times he had saved her from guy trouble was astounding. Why couldn't she realise all she needed was him? He loved her, then, now and always. Why was love such a battlefield? A battlefield for her love, and now for her attention.

At the function, all eyes were on Geet as she made her way into the hall. Everyone remarked on how she hadn't changed from college - still the sensuous doll she had been. Geet smiled knowing she still had the effect to drive men crazy - now if only Gurwinder was here, her night would be complete.

Just then, someone announced that Gurwinder was on his way. The women suddenly started smoothing their hair and re-doing their makeup. The men looked on amused, wondering what he had that they didn't.

Everyone went silent as Gurwinder made his entrance. And what an entrance it was - he had all the women swooning and all the men looking daggers. Now, which woman to have for the night? Gurwinder realised that with wealth came women - and he didn't want a nagging wife, he wanted fun, and a lot of it. He made his way to the centre of the room, and silently checked them all out, until his eyes landed on Geet. Without saying anything, he went up to her, took her hand and led her onto the dancefloor.

Geet was amazed, "He still remembers me. Now it's going to be us forever." She loved everything about him, until he opened his mouth.

"My, my, my. Geet Handa, it has been awhile. You still look as gorgeous as ever..." Turning on that charm was just normal for him, and things went smoothly until..

"I was wondering Geet, if you're not busy, maybe we could cut the party and head back to my place? I'm only in town for a night, and I'd love a little company. Now, don't get all shy; all I want is one night of fun. What could possibly be the harm in that?" Geet looked at him astounded! "Did he just ask me for a one night stand? How dare he!" Geet thought, and with that, she stopped dancing and slapped him across the face!

"Don't ever come near me again you insolent womaniser. Arghh, and to think I thought you were the same person." Geet stomped away outside to cool off, knowing what a scene she had made, when her best friend came outside with a glass of water.

"Brave girl, and here I was thinking you'd need my help to bash him." "Why are you always so right? Why are you the only one who truly saves me from myself?" She looked at him, and stared. The love in his eyes was almost too much to handle. She finally realised that it wasn't Gurwinder she wanted, it was Dev. And with that, she went into his arms, and knew that she had finally found her life partner, and it had only taken a lifetime of arguments and battles to realise. She smiled and nestled closer to her love.

I'll post more later, as I get all creative.

Don't hesitate to criticise. :)

Much love.

Edited by -saBii- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Innocent02 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Oww...its Dev but m not a Dev-Geet fan πŸ˜›
nywayx....gud shot !
iceprincess101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
although im not a dev and geet fan i like ur shot....well written....
Endless_sky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

this is nice story what a dev-geet fan before dev turned evil but i still liked this one shot it was really good.

Khushboo_AN thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Lovely OS Sabii! I liked it...

DG as best friends...good angle! I like it! I can happily drool over this scene...

Do write more. Perhaps writing in alternate universes will help us cherish AbhiShti.

Lots of love,
Khushboo.
stephhh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -saBii-

Hey.

Reading everyone's FFs and OS' made me want to start a collection of my own :)

"Brave girl, and here I was thinking you'd need my help to bash him." "Why are you always so right? Why are you the only one who truly saves me from myself?" She looked at him, and stared. The love in his eyes was almost too much to handle. She finally realised that it wasn't Gurwinder she wanted, it was Dev. And with that, she went into his arms, and knew that she had finally found her life partner, and it had only taken a lifetime of arguments and battles to realise. She smiled and nestled closer to her love.

hey Sabi, am glad you've decided to post this...THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.....after a long time, I've read something beautiful about D&G :))

and my favorite is the last paragraph, why are you always so right?? WOW....classic.... πŸ‘

hoping to see such with Abhishti aka D&G soon, if not in geet then in some new shows

thanks again :))

-Sara

Preternatural thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i was interested in the title......but im not a dev-geet fan....sory
but nice concept yaarr
sweet_gurl93 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey nice os
but i was hoping it was maan, and not dev
lol not a fan of dev...
sheena_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Oye Cheater!!πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†
I thought itz a ManEet shot but it is'nt...πŸ˜†Nevermind,Nice shot hun!!