Sasural Genda Phool's Suhaana and our Rimjhim

birju4baby thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I was watching this serial Sasural Genda Phool on starplus .. and one thing came to my mind ... Suhaana's character is a bit like Rimjhim .. a spoilt motherless brat.. But Suhana's character is loved while as Rimjhim was hated .. even by the most loyal BBBians .. Suhana behaves in the same way(almost) as Rimjhim used to..

So what happens is that SUhana's inlaws decide to buy AC for her so that she is comfortable ..Instead of asking her to adjust.. they are pampering her ... DO you think Baa would have done the same for Rimjhim ?... that is buy an AC for her so that she can comfortable .. Rimjhim gave up on everything and decided to  adapt herself according to Thakkar's family .. rather than other way around .. same way as her motherinlaw leela ... Was that fair ?

ComeonGuys Comment ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
i would say it depends on the family...

Thakkar family is a bit conservative orthodox...sry cant find the word..
outside food not allowed...many other rules too...

but kashyap family is different...its like a normal family...having fun and all...

the families are totally different...

if u have seen Badi maa once said why should we expect suhaana to adjust to our style...we too can adjust to hers....
i wouldnt say they are pampering her...by giving her these things they are making her more comfortable...

if u see rimjhim had to stay in the house cos she loves jigar..but thats not the case...suhaana doesnt love ishaan...

just my thought...and very nice topic...
Hmm, there is a difference b/w the two ji. Rimjhim's pampered ways took over her thinking of right and wrong; even when it was explained to her. With Suhana, if she realizes she is wrong she does not hesitate to say sorry.

One major difference is that Rimjhim loved Jigar, while Suhana's marriage was an arranged marriage with no love. The family's decision on the A/C was a bit forced; where Alok and Badi Maa were relented only b/c Radha and Rano forced them ji.

In Baa's case, she would not have relented for various reasons; one being not being fair to all. Baa doesn't relent b/c her family wants her to, she looks into the future to see how it will effect the family. However, I'm not sure if Baa would have relented if the scene was different. If Hemal had an arranged marriage to a girl who was like Suhana and everything happened as it did with Suhana, would Baa seen things differently? I think Baa would have acted similarly as Badi Maa did if Leela/Praveen asked her to save the marriage. One being Baa may have seen that the girl is ache dil ki but just a bit pampered, and how the girl just needs time.

I say this b/c of the track that was shown on Harshad and his ex-fiannce. Baa readily took the blame for the girl. So I think if she faced a situation like Badi Maa, Baa would also take actions accordingly. Hemal would have to think twice here too, b/c Hemal isn't her own and she never wants Hemal to feel that way and let society raise a finger ji.

Sorry if I didn't make any sense, just cramming for exams-)
birju4baby thumbnail
One thing which is different  in these cases , Baa saw Rimjhim's actual behaviour before the marriage so she could not let her Grandson marry her .. plus Rimjhim's Dad was an enabler of her bad behaviour as compared to Suhana's dad ...
but Rimjhim loved Jigar and decided to change for him ..
I dont think Baa would have let them buy an AC for Rimjhim .. she is a
disciplinarian..Baa likes to be fair... she made Leela send Dimple's mameru directly to her Sasuraal ...  She asked Harshad to leave because she saw his presence was making other member's nithalla ...
It is difficult to say because they never showed in BBB , any trouble with anyone's marriage ... I wonder what Baa would have done ??
Edited by birju4baby - 13 years ago
I really wish they showed some problem in a marriage, like Hemal's marriage been arranged. It would have been nice to see how Baa handled it her own way. Baa is strict, but when Subodh was having marriage troubles, she looked at it another way. So Baa does adjust with time, but never forgets to be fair to the family. If she would think of setting up an A/C, she would first talk to the full family regarding the matter (like the meetings on Saturdays). One thing the other family did not do was consult the children (as far as it was shown), which I felt was wrong.

Though it would have been interesting how Baa would have handled the matter ji.
AVFAN thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow so u guys are watching SGP regularly! Its really a nice show and like BBB its down to earth. I have seen the whole show in its original version so I can say that the way love can conquer and alter a person, no other thing can. Rimjhim was never shown as a spoilt brat, rather she was misunderstood to a large extent. On the other hand Suhana is a character who havent seen the washing of cloths ever in her life. She takes things for granted because she doesnt know what is the right path. Rimjhim had already planned to win over the heart of her in laws, but Suhana rather plans to run away from her Sasural. So the treatment of the elders towards them has to be different. Rimjhim was to be taught that she did a mistake is hurting others and Suhana is to be kept in the house somehow.
birju4baby thumbnail
AVFan ,

I like SGP very much .. I always like to watch hulka phulka serials which make me smile and feel good rather than depress me and SGP is in the same category .. although it is not in the same leaegue as BBB but it is good ..Now a days I also watch Mr and Mrs Allahabad wale Subodh and Divyanka is in it .. and it is funny..

BTW ... aisa mujhe hee lugtaa hain kee jo SGP mein ghar mein hain woh krishna vilaa hee hain ..app logon ko aisa lagaa kyaa ??

It's always great to see the right positive and negative perspectives of living in a joint family. I thoroughly enjoyed how in BBB could live their lives and be individuals.

MasoomaBukhari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Yes its fair surely. By the way Suhana's character is better than Rimjhim's.
And that AC sscene waz shown so to make Suhana wud not adjust but the family has to.