Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amu142 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
ok..speaking in general, this kind of marriage does not count ..in the yes of the 2 people involved, as well as law ...may b it holds significance in the eyes of the society, but not in the eyes of an individual.....

moreover, there are many facts that affect the wedding of Dutta & Nakku....1st...Nakku luvs him...so she will respect this forced relationship....2nd Dutta wont let Nakku give him a divorce...coz of his anger and vengeance....3rd Nakku is an uneducated poor gal, who wl probably be caught hold by Morre or sum other thug and be forced into a hell...which all brings us to the conclusion that Nakku will stay in this marriage...even if she is subjected to torture by Dutta and his family....

Her upbringing,character and nature will also be a deciding factor....all of which boils down to one fact.....She will not leave him, and stick to the diktats of marriage
SonyaBlade thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

IMO, Going through and completing a marriage ceremony whether forced or not is still a VALID marriage........here's why:

1) There are a lot of people who get married who have no idea what marriage is about. They do so because their parents or society demands it of them and they go ahead with it.....its not forced but you wouldn't say its entirely willing as well and yet that's considered a true marriage;

2) Going through a marriage ceremony is something sacred and should not be disrespected. Dutta thinks that he did the "honourable" thing by marrying her before he starts to torture her.......he still considers Naku his wife even though he doesn't want to have a true relationship with her, and even with the alcohol pouring on the fire and yelling at hte pundit he has not disrespected the actual sanctity of marriage by making excuses for his behavior to try to get out of it. He went through the marriage ceremony and now he considers himself Naku's husband.

3) Nakusha was in too much shock to do anything. I don't think you can say she was willing to get married, and I dont' think we can say that she could have spoken up because the way she acted is exactly what someone in disbelief and shock would have acted like.....

4) If a marriage is being done by force and both people still complete the rituals then it is a valid marriage in my opinion and they would have to go through an annullment or divorce to get out of it. In this case an annulment would work because they haven't consummated the marriage.

Those are my thoughts.
stranger2rose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
to accept this marriage or not really depends whether the bride has a soft corner for the groom and secretly desires to marry him  be it on gun point or not . this is a fiction story where nakku loves dutta to death and can bear his hatred with this determination in mind that one day she will turn his hatred into love.
coming to realty even if its a forced marriage the bride can always seek a divorce if she desires and doesnt want to give her a marriage a chance. things would be easier for her if she has a strong parental background
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
So! Guess who finally caught up with the show up until May 20th..

*waits in anticipation*

ME! ME! ME! ME! I finally watched the wedding sequence so now I can actually have an opinion about the marriage track itself!! 😃

Alright as far as TaSha's wedding goes, it was definitely not a forced deal. Like many of you have already pointed out, Dutta was doing this to gain revenge but personally I feel he wouldn't have gone this far (in fact he didn't even intend on going this far when he first suggested the idea) if Nakku had just "admitted" to her "dhoka". He was just trying to pry the information out of her - only what he wanted to hear, she could not say because she did not do it. And what she had to say, he wasn't going to believe - so she did what I'd have done in this situation. She stayed quiet. I honestly would not see a point in her running around screaming she didn't do it and have no one believe her. I like that she was smart enough to know which battles to pick. And since Nakku didn't give him what he wanted, Dutta just kept pushing the envelope "a little further" each time until he ultimately married her. This is also why he then asks her to tell him the truth now that he's married to her (in their room). So I TaSha's wedding was definitely not a forced one. It was too slow - too deliberate to be forced. With every word uttered out of Dutta's mouth, he'd turn to look a for Nakku's reaction (ANY reaction) and she'd keep her head down and soak up his pain and his words to the best of her abilities. *sigh* 😍

Coming to forced marriages in general, now I think I'm going to start disagreeing with a few opinions in general.. 😆 I don't think that a forced marriage should be allowed to "stand" just because the rituals were followed - in fact I don't even think it IS a marriage (legally or socially) and therefore you should not even have to get it annulled or get a divorce. Just because something "looks" like a marriage doesn't mean it is and doesn't mean you should have to bear the "social burden" in some instances of being a divorcee. Forcing someone to seek an annulment or a divorce for a forced wedding is like asking an innocent man to plead guilty for a murder he didn't commit in order for him to not get jail time... Yeah! Didya see how twisted that sounds?!?! Jab zabardasti ki shadi shadi hi nahi toh uska divorce kiyoun lein? Why should it even be allowed to stand as such in the eyes of the law? Because like a lot of people pointed out - people believe in getting married once and some people do not appreciate the social stigma of a divorce. And asking people to "seek divorce" violates that particular group's rights in my opinion. Because by asking them to seek divorce you're telling them that this was a marriage to begin with (which would deter those that believe in the idea of "married for life" from seeking divorce from an unhappy and forced marriage) and you're also giving them a (surprisingly still) social stigma of being a divorcee (which a lot of people steer clear off). Either way you'd force them into having to stick with the marriage - and in my opinion, why make it any harder for them than it already is?

Also, I remember someone compared forced marriages to marrying with parental consent in arranged marriages. *sigh* THAT is so not the same. Even if you do not like your partner in arranged marriages and you wish to not get married with them - you KNOW what you're doing when you agree to complete the wedding. YOU might not want to get married but you agree to do it (for whatever reason). In a forced wedding though, you don't want to do it and you don't agree to do it yet you're dragged there by force and made to complete the rituals. THAT should not constitute a marriage and just because you completed the rituals (by force) should not mean you're married. Aisey toh someone k make you hold the gun and press the trigger for you - would that then make you guilty of murder? I mean wouldn't they take into consideration the fact that you didn't WANT to do it and you didn't agree to doing it, which is why this wasn't murder. Similarly, when you don't want to and don't agree to get married then it should not be considered a marriage. In my opinion though.. 😆

*realizes she's been ranting*

Oh gosh! Sorry guys.. I just had a pool of things in my head which I'm not sure has cleared out yet - but at least I tried.. 😆
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
-SilverFlames- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Late as always.. 😆

Great DOTW Fivr..!!

A forced wedding? Yes..!! A forced Marriage? No..

The wedding was forced onto Naku but her love and everything else that she would feel for Dutta weren't.
Naku in my view had accepted Dutta from the day she gave him her heart so there is not doubt on that.. but the wedding wasn't in the best of circumstances..!

If something like this was to happen for real(God forbid) then i think it would only be forced or not depending on how much the girl loved the guy she was married to?
If that makes sense.. and seeing as Naku would give her life for Dutta then i don't see it a forced marriage at all..!!

(Lame answer i know but i am packing last minute stuff as i am away for the weekend but wanted to answer)

-Sanju-

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SanRajDeewani

Late as always.. 😆

Great DOTW Fivr..!!

A forced wedding? Yes..!! A forced Marriage? No..

The wedding was forced onto Naku but her love and everything else that she would feel for Dutta weren't.
Naku in my view had accepted Dutta from the day she gave him her heart so there is not doubt on that.. but the wedding wasn't in the best of circumstances..!

If something like this was to happen for real(God forbid) then i think it would only be forced or not depending on how much the girl loved the guy she was married to?
If that makes sense.. and seeing as Naku would give her life for Dutta then i don't see it a forced marriage at all..!!

(Lame answer i know but i am packing last minute stuff as i am away for the weekend but wanted to answer)

-Sanju-

Not lame at all yaar! I think you quite aptly said what all of here were trying to say and in fewer words than me! 😆

You're right - the only person that can decide whether or not the marriage is legitimate is the people involved in it. If one person just forces their way through the wedding while the other vehemently refuses, then I'm going to have to say that such a marriage does not stand in my eyes. But if the wedding is "seemingly" forced by one person while the other doesn't object to it (not in their heart nor verbally) then it really is a question of whether or not they accept it. IF they do then that wedding stands as sacred as any other. And if they don't but still want to marry the other person, then dare I suggest a better venue and definitely pleasant-er (if that's even a word) circumstances? 😆