Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Sunidhi Chauhan

Song:
Aisa Jadoo
https://files2.fm420.com/musics/Khakee/10%20Aisa%20Jadoo.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the higher rating, 1 is the lowest.
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Sunidhi Chauhan.
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings.

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the official game thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Note:

After a struggling round last time, Sunidhi Chauhan hopes for a huge comeback with one of her biggest hits in her career. She goes full on in her style in this song!
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Brilliant singing by Sunidhi Chauhan!

Now this is her type of song. Songs which she excels in. Songs no one can sing as well as she can. Songs that require softness at times, and then explosiveness. No one can do it like her. Early on her career, this was one of her biggest hits. And this is still one of my favorite songs!

She starts with,

Aaisa Jadoo Dala Re...
Aisa Jadoo Dala Re..
Surmayi Hai Ujala Re
Aisa Jadoo Dala Re

Which she does really well. Unlike usual high-pitches, this requires you to sing at a high pitch while having power in your voice. This makes it a little more difficult, though you are not required to go as high as you would without a powerful voice.

And then,

Jo Meri Zulfon Se Khele Re
Bahon Mein Mujhko Le Le Re
Aisa Hai Koi Dilwala Re...(2)

Here, she softens her voice, and then breaks out, with great explosiveness in her voice. She does that here too.

Aayi Re Main Aayi Aayi Aayi
Masti Banke Chayi Chayi Chayi
Hosh Kisi Ko Na Aaye Re
Mitha Zehar Chadta Hai Re
Aisa Labon Ka Yeh Pyala Re...(2)
Aisa Hai Koi Dilwala Re...(2)

This is pretty tough to do, and I don't think anyone can sing these sequences like she does. Some have power, some have that softness, but Sunidhi has both. That is a unique combination, as she is the most versatile female singer I think.

Overall, I think she sang very well. The song was difficult, and it requires great explosiveness from the singer. There were points where you needed to soften your voice, and then go full on power. Bringing tremendous energy. I think Lara Dutta herself complimented Sunidhi Chauhan for what a job she did singing this. Things that could've been improved on, the high pitches could've gone better. But otherwise, this was great!

Stuck between a 8 and a 9, though overall the singing was 8 caliber, but the fact that I don't think anyone could do it as well as she did here, I'll bump it up 1.

Rating: 9/10

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Come on Sunidhi fans vote for Sunidhi Chauhan!
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, what a great song! Sunidhi was really in the mood to burn the stage with this rocking performance. Her voice had that loudness that was required in the song, but the medloy was also there. Also, when she sang, "jo mere zulfon se khele re, bahon mein mujhko lele re", I was shocked to see how quickly she adapted from the really hoarse type of singing to a much more soft and sweet tune, with that teasing in it. I'll give it a 9!
p@ras thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What a powerful performance with so much of variations...I just wished the song could have lasted longer...a 10 from me!
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail
A really powerpact performance by Sunidhi! For the song ofcourse no doubt I would loved to give perfect score. But now i have judge the singing so after listening carefully I am giving an 8/10.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Def a very powerful performance by Sunidhi. This performance had it all. From the throw to the power packed voice to the correct pitches to the perfect attitude. Beautiful singing. Thoroughly enjoyed it. This is by far one of her best songs. I just felt that at some portions she sung a lot more powerfully than needed. But on the whole outstanding performance.

Final rating 8/10

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 13 years ago
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hhhhmmmm...the song choice is unusual, I must say...

Power is the most appropriate word to describe the singing of Sunidhi. The starting is over-whelming with power. The expressions are correctly portrayed. However, there are as such no difficult portions to sing her. It leaves an impact with its power. The highs and lows are there, they are there to create a voluminous impact. It does not show the versatile subtle beauty of the voice of the singer as it is over-whelmed with just energetic singing. Never-the-less, Sunidhi has done a good job with this song, she is the correct choice for this song. The magic does come in bits and pieces here.

Hhhhmmm...I would have given it a 7, but will stick with an 8 out of 10 for the power-packed energy of the singing and correct expressions.
Edited by somone999 - 13 years ago
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
A very powerpacked rendition by Sundhi ...However the song has too many straight notes not much harkates..Though Sunidhi's expression is topnotch ...Still I will choose  "main saath samundar..sajna ve sajna" anytime over songs like Aisa jaadu or Deedar de ....

I will rate this song a ........8