https://sound1.mp3pk.com/indian/umra_o_jaan/umraojaan09%28www.songs.pk%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Richa Sharma
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Note:

Richa has had strong performances the 1st 2 rounds, finishing 3rd and 4th. She hopes to continue this trend into the 3rd Round!
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Richa Sharma truly has an outstanding rustic voice, and a different one at that.
When we listen to this composition, the tuning and sync is varied, even if it is a slow track, the language is different and is aimed at conveying a message.
Richa's natural talent-high pitch voice throw is superb and she makes singing with what could have been a difficult composition sound pretty easy, only which a seasoned singer could do justice to.

And she does it superbly.

9/10, close to perfection personified once again!
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I absolutely loved the beginning throw of this song. And Richa ji sung it with so much ease. Def isn't easy singing a song like this. There is so much stretching and playing with the voice in this song. Honestly after listening to the song quite a few times, I don't think anyone other than Richa ji could have sung this song better. She had a nice feel to the song that allowed the listeners to really connect to her voice. She stretched her voice when needed, and did not when it was not required. She played around with her voice and added a lot of variations in the song. I personally feel that the level of difficulty in this song is pretty high. The song really needed a strong professional and trained voice. And Richa ji had just that. I tried to listen to this song more than once to come up with a final evaluation of the song. Richa ji did a beautiful job singing this song. However, listening to the song multiple times I did not feel that the singing was justified of receiving  a 8, 9, or 10 as per my standards. Improvements could have been made vastly throughout the song. As much as I loved Richa ji's singing I can't give it a high enough score as I know much better singing can be done. The song was a very powerful one. The lyrics and words were very strong. A lot of emotion was required in the song. I'm not saying she did not have that emotion. Richa ji certainly through the emotion in the song. But because the song was so powerful and strong, it required a lot more than what was put in by her.

Final rating: 7

somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
A sentimental track..hhhmmm...lets see...

Richa begins with a really powerful throw, creates a strong impact and immediate attention. There is a tremendous effort-less singing especially on the higher notes. However, again the problem comes that there are parts where she seems to shout, the softness of the song with its tender lyrics require softness of tone also in the higher notes.
Never-the-less, the lower notes are pleasant. Pronunciation is clear and well-conveyed. Expression is apt and kept consistent reasonably by the singer. There are variations here, but not too difficult portions are present. Never-the-less, a very good performance from Richa. Commendable job, this is her best so far, according to my scale.

Since, all singers will be giving their best, I will have to be more strict in my ratings here. So, Richa deserves a solid 8 mark out of 10 from my side.
xobile thumbnail
Wah wah wah! Take a bow Anu Malik! One of the very very few composers who can compose chartbusters like 'Ishq Kamina' and then make 'Agle Janam' - he is truly a versatile talent. The sarangi play is just too good.

Now to Richa's singing. Agle janammmm - wah what modulation on the 'm'! Only a true riyaazdaar singer can pull that off. In fact she had some great harkats, loved her downward taans especially. But I agree with somone999, there could have been more softness in the projection.

Anyway, itna pakadke gaana koi aam baat nahin hai. However, she wasn't flawless. For one, she pronounced 'aisa' in two different ways (in the start it sounded like khari boli and in the end it sounded bhojpuri). Already mentioned the softness problem. So that makes it a solid 8/10!
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
9  / 10 for wonderful singing by Richa on an emotional song....I love this song....She has a very good range...Music is so soothing...
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, this was no simple song, it had a lot of mukhras in it. And she sung them wonderfully. Flawless singing, this is a very emotional song, and she perfectly portrayed the emotions that were supposed to be conveyed. She adapted to the wavering pitch. I giver her a 10!
p@ras thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
An amazing composition πŸ‘ ...just love the way Richa makes the impact on the listener..u cant help but love her songs and u can keep listening to her again and again πŸ‘ a 9 from me ..I would have given a 10 but when you had a power packed performance by kavita this has to be one notch lower
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
wow!!!..just wow !!!..I have no words to describe the feel of this song ...Richa Sharma is a phenomenal singer in recent times....The way she brings the lyrics alive is so praiseworthy!!!!...I don't know ..may be I am a girl hence the song moved me moreπŸ˜› ...beautifully rendered..I heard this song in reality shows before ..but really paid attention to her rendition for the 1st time....

I really thank RA for this innovative idea to hold contest like this...enjoying these renditions  so much ( and downloading them of course )

Sometimes one just look past minor glitches because the rendition moves u to no end ..this is one such song ...

Will rate it a perfect ..........................................10