Maha episode or Maha dissappointment?

Shabz. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi guys, hope ur all well. There was a lot of hoo ha about the maha episode and although the first maha episode (kriya wedding) was a disappointment we were all anxiously waiting for the 8th of may to see the disclosure of kesars pregnancy and the aftermath, but more fool us…the episode was yet another disappointment and other than the first 20 mins and the scene at the dining table in thakur niwas, the whole episode was a damper. im going to be honest, I thought yesterdays episode was 100 times better than tonight's episode. Im not going to bore u too much, instead I'm just going to talk about the highlights of the episode and that too because mima and mirthula asked me to do so, like always I would like to dedicate this post to my dear IF buddies, Anchal, limitwa, mirthula, mima, Divya and priti. Their encouragement goes a long way 😳

I loved how kriya walked in thakur niwas with kesar, I found that scene quite significant because both of them were on either side of her…they will definitely be a force to reckon with when united and kesar can rest assured that her baby will see the world and have a loving chacha/chachi. Thakur and ammaji were shocked to see kesar with them lol and  ammaji didn't know kriya were off to watch a movie and when ss mentioned the cinema I thought ammaji would go off on one but she ever so sweetly said "cinema se itni jaldi" lol, you can never make her happy.

From there on kriya stepped up and showed shakti for what he is…a devil in disguise. Kriya had some very hard hitting dialogues and krishna's disgust for his brother's antics was very clear on his face. I loved how Krishna said shakti sent them to watch a film while he was busy making his own film and he clearly said that pratigya saved the house..i think his appraisal for pratigya annoyed SS though and ss in irritation asked about shakti's whereabouts.  I hated how shakti walked into the house, he was trying to avoid SS and acted like he had done nothing wrong! I'm glad SS was persistent in questioning shakti and got him to stay put. Krishna didn't keep mum and disclosed where shakti had come from, ss seemed shocked I was even more surprised when he gave pratigya the opportunity to reveal all to SS. Pratigya once again showed us she was a woman of her word, rather than going onto recounting what happened in the hospital she spoke to kesar first and told her how it was important for her to reveal everything for the sake of her and the baby, so in a way she was asking for her permission which was really sweet of her. SS thought she was just going on about crap but she finally got his attention when she said shakti was about to cremate ss's grandchild, the look of shock on his face was evident, but that soon turned into disbelief and I think in a way he started to defend shakti by saying kesar had a problem hence she couldn't conceive, maybe that was a last ditch attempt to convince himself that shakti wasn't capable of doing what he was accused of doing. Krishna stepped in and in an exasperated tone said how the "ghar ka khazana" was going to be stolen right under their noses and told his father how low shakti is. Ss told him to be quiet and I think somewhere deep down SS thought pratigya had managed to drive another wedge between the brothers and I also had the distinct impression that he still didn't like how a woman was given free reign to talk hence his impatience for her to spill the beans and he asked her yet again to "prove" her claim. Pratigya showed a lot of courage by walking towards him and telling him that the barren tree (kesar) had bore fruit before and the look of utter shock on everyone's faces when she told them of kesar's previous pregnancies was a sight to see, they all looked shocked and speechless, especially Krishna. I think this was the first time SS had pratigya's complete attention throughout the scene and you could see a spark of pure hatred in his eyes for shakti albeit even if it was for a brief moment. Pratigya seems to have gained more courage in conversing with the family because if she wanted to she could have stopped at just the mention of the abortions, but she went on to degrade shakti further by telling the whole family of kesars plight and saying how this is the first time she has seen a human "eat" his child…the whole thakur clan actually had the decency to look ashamed and looked to the ground.

The way SS walked towards shakti spoke volumes, I hated how shakti tried to feign ignorance and even implied kesar was to blame for the abortions, but SS knows his sons well. He has a lot of faith in Krishna and took kriyas word over shakti's. shakti's bubble finally burst and he went on about how he was saddled with an ugly wife and didn't want to be saddled with ugly kids…that did it for SS and he gave shakti a tight slap. What SS said rang true, shakti is no prince charming, how can he say he is unfortunate to have an ugly wife when he isn't much of a looker himself…if u ask me kesar is the best thing that has ever happened to him, it's a shame he hasn't realised that. He said he wanted a choice when it came to his kids, was he holding out for SS to get him married again to someone fairer? He is a freak and he needs to learn that looks and complexion isn't everything. One thing I didn't like was how SS stopped at one slap. Shakti killed 4 children, they were not just his kids but SS and ammaji's grandchildren…he had no right in taking their lives. One slap was nothing compared to the sins he carried out against his wife and family. I didn't expect SS to chuck him out of the house but I did think he would throw a few more slaps and gaali's shakti's way but unfortunately nothing like that happened, shakjti got off lightly if you ask me.

The emotion portrayed by SS when it finally dawned on him that he was going to be a grandfather was wonderfully portrayed…it brought tears to my eyes, you could see how much he longed for a grandchild and his happiness is infectious. He even spoke sweetly to both his bahu's and called kesar by her name. Ss's happiness showed no bounds and he told pratigya to pamper kesar…looks like pratigya has free reign to make rabdi whenever she wants to now and ammaji cant say a thing lol. SS has a lot of expectations now, one being a grandchild from kriya, I felt sooo bad for Krishna…he is his the apple of his fathers eye and he too loves his father dearly but the look on his face portrayed a deep rooted kind of pain, he knows he cant give his father that kind happiness in the near future and I'm sure that thought must have broken his heart.

SS just found out he is going to be a grandfather, shouldn't he be celebrating? Yet right after the revelation he was shown at the saxena's feeding Komal non veg, how unrealistic can the creative's get? He didn't even tell komal the big news. I really don't get komal's problem, her in laws don't allow non-veg, big deal. That woman seriously needs to grow up and learn to adjust with her in laws, every house has their rules and you can't just come in and cause chaos. The thakurs wouldn't let pratigya throw tantrums like that so why are they butting in and trying to make the saxena's change their way of life for komal. Ammaji went off on one when pratigya asked if she could make rabdi, you don't see naina ji do the same to komal so why the partiality. SS even said adarsh and komal should live separately just so his daughter could have here desires fulfilled…how would he like it if Krishna left the house with pratigya?  I hate their hypocrisy. Its not as if the saxena's are making komal go hungry and further more they have no objection to her not eating non-veg, they just want her to eat non-veg outside and not in the house. What SS did was wrong and very insulting.

Ammaji proved yet again what a pathetic being she is. She spoke really sweetly to kesar and gave her kesar doodh saying it would make the child's complexion fair. Kesar seemed very new to this side of ammaji and was very hesitant in accepting the milk and sitting down. Ammaji is a coward, she told pissiya to leave the kitchen before she made her point about pratigya and spoke ill of her. You can clearly see how insecure she feels and how threatened she is by her. What I don't get is why she is so adamant on distancing her 2 daughter in laws from one another. She was trying to instigate kesar against pratigya by saying kesar is older hence pratigya should follow her but that all fell on death ears, kesar has read pratigya well and she knows pratigya only wants her welfare. Ammaji even realised she was getting no where with the instigation hence she indirectly threatened to kill kesars unborn child. This woman needs a slap…how can she say a woman's job is to follow her husbands orders and fulfil there wishes one moment and than do a 180 degree turn and basically threaten her husband desire for a grand child..she isn't fit to be a human, she gives women a bad name.

No matter how much I hate shakti, the last thing I want is for Krishna and shakti to be at loggerheads. Shakti seems to have a deep rooted kind of envy and jealousy towards krishna which has come to light today only because of his stupor. Shakti revealed a little bit of their childhood and it is evident Krishna holds a huge place in SS's heart and he seems to have gotten shakti into trouble in the past. Granted he loves Krishna, but that kind of attitude can affect a child in a lot of ways and even though shakti has grown up, krishna's childhood antics seem to have hurt him deeply and he seems to have a lot of hidden resentment for his brother. If push comes to shove, I am sure shakti will not even spare his brother if it means getting what he wants. Only time will tell if Krishna holds off his brother or not.

The scene at the dining table was very sweet…SS and Krishna are always a delight to watch and their chemistry is amongst one of the best I have ever seen. They both bounce off on one another and the unconfined love between them is a sight to see. SS is a child at heart, the other day Krishna was refusing to eat breakfast and SS literally dragged him to the table to eat and today the tables were turned and Krishna took the role of parent and SS the ziddi child lol. SS proved once again that Krishna is his most loved child, he openly said it and gave in to krishna's demands, that was really endearing to see.

Where SS and Krishna are well in tune with one another so are kesar and pratigya, they can feel one another's predicament without uttering a word and they try to help one another out as much as they can. The hesitancy in serving a non veg dish was very well portrayed by pooja and kesar saw her plight and took the dish off her to serve it instead but ammaji had to stick her head into matters, this woman will do all she can to insult pratigya and hurt her intentionally. SS put ammaji in her place and called krishna pratigya's balam aww, even he is aware she shouldn't stick her ore into matters that don't concern her but she seems adamant to get rebuked by her husband. What I don't get is why he let pratigya serve the dish if she was uncomfortable with doing so, I really wish he had told her to leave the dish and serve a veg dish instead. Im glad SS praised pratigya again for saving his grandchild, but he proved again that his children come first and he openly spoke of his dissatisfaction with the saxena's…he sounded like a broken record. Krishna was practical and assured him he would get adarsh to take komal to a restaurant whenever she wanted to eat non veg but SS threw a huge tantrum and accused him of being one of the saxenas…I loved the huge bear hug Krishna gave SS to prevent him from leaving the dinner table, and the peck on the shoulder just did it for me…imagine the love he would shower on pratigya once kriya get together…if that is his way of appeasing a loved one than I say pratigya should be upset with him often lol. I hated the sound of Krishna shyam saxena, yuk that name does not suit our sher, he was, is and always will be Krishna singh thakur. SS leaving the table paved way for Ammaji to spew her venom once again, why does she always have to blame pratigya for everything. Krishna seemed embarrassed and looked down, I think deep down he knows it's not worth saying anything to his mum because she just won't change, in fact she might use that against pratigya and continue to call Krishna a jhoru ka ghulam again…uff!!

I don't get why the household have left kesar to shakti's mercy, don't they know that he will want some kind of revenge and will take out all his frustration on kesar? They are a bunch of loonies. Pratigya should have at least spoken up and ensured kesar was kept away from shakti. I can't get the image of kesars frightened face out of my head, but I'm confident nothing will happen to her. I'm hoping it is kesar's nightmare and if it's not a nightmare kriya will definitely be on hand to save her.

The maha episode was a huge disappointment, kriya saved kesars baby and rather than showing one scene between them the creative's killed time by showing the non-veg V veg track **sigh…I'm hoping the creative's will at least give us some really good kriya scenes during the week.  I'm just glad no one wasted their time with waiting up to 10.30 to watch the episode, than there would be another thing to complain about lol

thanx for ur patience ladies😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kasturika_kashu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
ooo my god......my fan fiction updates are also nt sooo long😲🤣🤣

well jokes,apart.. well i thnk the frst half an hr was pretty interesting bt nt as we had expected...are 1 hr episode and no kriya scenes together???????😡

why dont they understand that we love KRIYA an wanna see KRIYA scenes more..........nt shakti drinking gallons....or komal eating like a glutton...or dadi getting pissed off at sajjan singh....😡

and the last was worse...it left us all in tension.........😡 are itni tension mein rakhni thi to mahaepisode dikhaye kyun?😡
Shabz. thumbnail
lol kaasshh, it seems like i got a little carried away😆
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This is my 1st Pratigya maha episode... I didn't have much expectations but I am surprised at how lightly SS let off Shakti. Could it be because SS has already sensed Shakti's resentment towards Krishna and Pratigya? Not sure... but I would have liked to see him threaten Shakti not to beat up Kesar anymore, and if something happens to Kesar, then Shakti will be in trouble etc...

They might have shot the Komal eating meat sequence before and just added the two, because otherwise, SS being the kind of man he is, would have loudly announced to the Saxenas that he is going to become a grandfather! Bad editing of the two scenes- no smooth flow from one to another.

Evil amma is trying the 'divide and rule' policy. She is very insecure about Pratigya, because like SS, she also dotes more on Krishna than Shakti and feels like Pratigya snatched her son away... in one of the past episodes I was catching up with on youtube, SS tells Amma ' she is your daughter-in-law, not your souten', LOL... Harsh but true... I think amma is also blaming Pratigya for Komal's situation... so, when she sees Pratigya getting respect from her husband, who respects no women (except his mom), she is naturally jealous!

Shakti-Krishna confrontation is waiting to happen. Shakti is like Duryodhana- jealous of brothers, without asking himself why people don't like him! Krishna reminds me of Michael Corleone character in The Godfather... he will be the one to inherit his father's business (whatever it is). Shakti is like Sunny Corleone- hot-headed, womaniser, not intelligent.

MERARAI thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Let's see...............TOP 10 REASONS why AMMA hates Pratigya...............

Amma hates Pratigya bec'
(1)she is a daayan who enticed her son
(2) Komal had to marry Adarsh bec' her son was bent on marrying Prats and Adarsh's sharth
(3) SS praised Prats for her cooking talents (SS also managed to insult Amma at the same time)
(4) Pratigya always has Krishna's support and she's jealous of it
(5) Pratigya comes from a different caste
(6) Pratigya gets away with what she does and Krishna always takes her side
(7) Krishna got hurt trying to defend his sister-in-law
(8) Pratigya is educated and speaks her mind something she can't do with SS
(9) Pratigya saved Kesar's baby (that Kesar confided in Prats and not her)
(10) Pratigya gets to do things she never could in the household, SS praises Prats

SS is like a weather vane. One second he praised Prats a second time for saving his potha next he was challenging her about why her family wouldn't let Komal eat meat at home.

After Sakthi's drunken talk, Krishna and/or Prats may save Kesar from gunpoint tomorrow.  Going forward circumstances may force them to work together to protect Kesar and her baby.  Will this lead to Prats warming up to Krishna fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally!
Edited by MERARAI - 14 years ago
Shabz. thumbnail

Originally posted by: tvrasika

This is my 1st Pratigya maha episode... I didn't have much expectations but I am surprised at how lightly SS let off Shakti. Could it be because SS has already sensed Shakti's resentment towards Krishna and Pratigya? Not sure... but I would have liked to see him threaten Shakti not to beat up Kesar anymore, and if something happens to Kesar, then Shakti will be in trouble etc...

They might have shot the Komal eating meat sequence before and just added the two, because otherwise, SS being the kind of man he is, would have loudly announced to the Saxenas that he is going to become a grandfather! Bad editing of the two scenes- no smooth flow from one to another.

Evil amma is trying the 'divide and rule' policy. She is very insecure about Pratigya, because like SS, she also dotes more on Krishna than Shakti and feels like Pratigya snatched her son away... in one of the past episodes I was catching up with on youtube, SS tells Amma ' she is your daughter-in-law, not your souten', LOL... Harsh but true... I think amma is also blaming Pratigya for Komal's situation... so, when she sees Pratigya getting respect from her husband, who respects no women (except his mom), she is naturally jealous!

Shakti-Krishna confrontation is waiting to happen. Shakti is like Duryodhana- jealous of brothers, without asking himself why people don't like him! Krishna reminds me of Michael Corleone character in The Godfather... he will be the one to inherit his father's business (whatever it is). Shakti is like Sunny Corleone- hot-headed, womaniser, not intelligent.

aww, i love ur comparison to the godfather...krishna will definitely inherit everything from his father, thats a given. deep down ss knows he cant trust shakti and he knows baba will do right by him😳
Shabz. thumbnail

Originally posted by: MERARAI

Let's see...............TOP 10 REASONS why AMMA hates Pratigya...............

Amma hates Pratigya bec'
(1)she is a daayan who enticed her son
(2) Komal had to marry Adarsh bec' her son was bent on marrying Prats and Adarsh's sharth
(3) SS praised Prats for her cooking talents (SS also managed to insult Amma at the same time)
(4) Pratigya always has Krishna's support
(5) Pratigya comes from a different caste
(6) Pratigya gets away with what she does
(7) Krishna got hurt trying to defend his sister-in-law
(8) Pratigya is educated and speaks her mind
(9) Pratigya saved Kesar's baby
(10) Pratigya gets to do things she never could in the household

SS is like a weather vane. One second he praised Prats a second time for saving his potha next he was challenging her about why her family wouldn't let Komal eat meat at home.

After Sakthi's drunken talk, Krishna and/or Prats may save Kesar from gunpoint tomorrow.  Going forward circumstances may force them to work together to protect Kesar and her baby.  Will this lead to Prats warming up to Krishna fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally!

ammaji ji's reasons for hating pratigya are ridiculous...she jus wants power and is scared pratigya will snatch everything from her😡 i so want to see kriya take a step in the right direction...hope the creatives dont let us down.
apothecary thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
when I read the your name as the topic starter, I had like the biggest smile on my face!! (I was gonna insert the smily emoticon, but my smile was wider than that😆)
FINALLY!! I was missing your gyaan (analysis seems like a small word😆) all of this week....😳

aww, I'm the first one in the list😳😳🤗
sorry, couldn't come here yesterday....for me, I was disappointed by some of the things that you've mentioned, BUT the first scene...till SS goes to sanexa's...and then the whole dining table scene where krishna is trying to patao SS were best scenes in the show so far, I was so happy and amazed by SS (don't know the guy's name😆) and Arhaan's acting, that I didn't care about anything😳
I just can't stop praising these two actors👏...
and that also made me realize that I do NOT enjoy kriya scene as much as I enjoy SS krishna scenes, just because both of them are such brilliant actors.😳
yea, I love the kesar prats bonding too!! I was actually looking forward to kriya's marriage only and only for this bonding, because I knew that they would be each other's support system, though kesar hasn't really supported prats😕

I am really worried about Prats now, because krishna is the only one oh her side (I guess you could count on SS, too) but the problem is that this guy doesn't think, so he wouldn't even realize even if someone were to do something to prats (you know what I mean😕)
He's so gullible in some sense that he would just believe anyone.
Shakti, Angad and even amma... oops, I meant trauma are all after prats now😭

Edited by anchal2 - 14 years ago
pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
haila haila shabz analysis! 😆 I am ready for my post mortem then! 😉 but let me read this first! 😃
Anjalg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow...really good analysis!! I agree 100% the 'Maha episode' was a total disappointment. I actually enjoyed the wedding episode more less the item dance and Shyamu's looooong lecture at the end:-(

I was so expecting a Kriya scene...especially after the way Krishna has been treating Pratigya of late. I also don't understand why this whole veg non-veg issue had to be dragged out during the maha episode. I used to find Komal endearing but she is just a younger version of her mother!!

Towards the end when they showed Shakti all drunk and Kesar trying to get him to go to sleep I was shocked!! C'mon, you have just found out that Shakti has been forcing Kesar to abort their babies and yet you are smart enough to leave her alone with him????? I had expected SS to instruct Pratigya to take care of Kesar....not just for that one night but for the entire duration of her pregnancy!!

I think the CV's are losing track of the story now. It will be such a HUGE disappointment if this show becomes another saas bahu saga....I still enjoy watching the older episodes more and keep reminding myself of the way things used to be....