8/5- When one gets serious.

nm21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Armaan and Riddhima's last chapter was completed the day Sid and Riddhima got married.

I will never be able to look at Armaan and Riddhima together again anyway because despite the fact that the actress changed physically, there is a massive difference between the Riddhima whom Armaan met on his first day in Sanjeevani and whom he gradually fell in love with and the Riddhima who took care of Sid and voiced her duty as his wife in Friday's episode.

In a way, I'm glad that Sid is going to be chosen simply because he is the other half of the Riddhima we see in DMG today, but there's a predominant part of my heart which thinks it really sucks big time that Armaan wasn't united with his love in the end. They completed ruined what Armaan and Riddhima meant for me. I know how much I love Armaan and Riddhima Gupta (his basket) as a couple. But Riddhima Modi is not Riddhima Gupta and she never can be and that is the way I feel it is best to get myself to overcome the hollowness I feel when I think about Armaan.

But such is life, I also don't believe that it would have been right to show a KANK storyline which is morally wrong and demeans the meaning of a marriage for those who actually believe in it.

I am always going to miss what KaSh started, KaSu continued and KaJen concluded.
Sometimes I dont feel I'm watching DMG because it has changed so much from when I first watched it back in 2007, Sid and Riddhima don't mean Sid and Riddhima to me. Essentially I feel as I'm watching Sid and "Jenny" because for me Armaan and Riddhima completed one another. Its a different matter completely that I acknowledge that the Riddhima who stands with Sid today is Modi and the one whom will never come back to hold Armaan's hand during their breaks in the FE, the one who won't turn when he requests her to "palat", the one whom will never say I love you to him, is Riddhima Gupta...who has been lost somewhere.

I understand the general sadness which generates from AR fans posts today and I understand the way the SR fans brutally gloat at their depression because it has been a war zone in this forum and everyone has had a stab at the other to evoke feelings of hate. Honestly, though get over it, don't degrade the beauty of both couples with your hurtful words, the characters mean alot more than that and the words which belittle them are worthless and in fact reflects how narrow-minded you are.

P.S. Vishesh tippani of the day:

For those who posess enough sense to understand: You become the bigger person by refraining from stooping to the other's level. You show you're the bigger person by refraining from contributing to another's immaturity. In your response, be assertive not aggressive. Essentially the  bigger person IS the better person.

And yes, cranky again at the insensitivity of some people, uff.

Edited by nm21 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Very nice post ! Yes I agree, no one can snatch the essence of the other pair.. AR had had their time.. and now it's SR.. let's face teh truth and accept it :)

Nice one! Loved readin it :D
ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I agree with you on this...

Riddhima Modi can never be Riddhima Gupta and that is the main thing which changed in all this time...
I am a big fan or SR but still have cherished moments of AR,be it KaSh(who completed AR for me),KaSu or KaJen...

These three couples were magic but now the magic has dissolved and has turned into reality...
KaSh,KaSu and KaJen concluded a beautiful journey which will never be forgotten..
iiHEARTyu-x0 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with each and every word of yours! Everyone should read this and understand! liike, even i LOVE AR..but the truth is that ridz and sid are MARRIED.
perfectlyflawed thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i appreciate ur POV๐Ÿ˜›.. tht was RIdhimma Gupta.. the one now is Ridhimma Modi... a huge difference๐Ÿ˜› i wish ppl accept this truth gracefully ๐Ÿ˜›
chown001 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i love ur post n i totally agree.
Ridhimma changed too much to become basket again.
Too much happened to her and as sad as it is to say but armaan is still armaan it's almost like he is still stuck before the terrosrist attack whereas ridhimma has moved on past that.
it is unfair to make her n armaan be togther again because she is is no longer the ridhimma he once new.
She is mrs modhi, the one who is falling in love with sid and whose too belongs to him as he was there when no one was. He essentially made her his when he saved her because her life was never totally hers after that, there became an inexplicable bond between them that can't be broken in this lifetime at least.
I want a girl for armaan who can truely love him back like he deserves not one who will essentially always be connected with sid and who can never be totally his.
i love all three characters n just because ar does not happen does not mean you should leave the show.
I mean life us all about change and we have to move with the changes cause the harder we fight the more it hurts in the end.
Even if AR are together now do you really think their relatiuonship will be that same. It can't

DATS Y I LIKE THIS TRACK AND SR TOGETHER BECAUSE MRS MODI IS NOT BASKET AND WE ALL NO IT. I LOVE AR BUT THEY CAN NOW NEVER BE, IT IS TOO LATE N THEY HAVE GONE TOO FAR TO TURN BACK NOW!

armaan deserves so much better. he deserves to be loved wholeheartedly and by someone that deserves him and his big heart.
It may be dat AR where never meant to be, they were never solemates but they will always hold a place in each others hearts as they are each others fisrt love and like they say you can never forget ur first love.

Besides everyone moves on and time really does heal hearts. Armaan too will find love again and will be happy i truely beleive dat he will survive without ridhimma and will have learnt from the mistakes he made in this relationship, as will ridhimma
solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Nish, I don't know your name.. but loved the post.... and you really made me cry.... it feels horrible to think that this is what happens at the end of 3years!!! I have cried reading books and in movies which have touched me... but never thought a fictional couple's breakup would make me cry every time I read about it....

But I don't think I want to see Armaan with another girl... This doesn't mean that I want him to be devdas... Riddhima moved on in a matter of weeks from someone who loved Armaan like crazy to someone to whom he doesn't matter so much!! I don't want AR to be decimated completely with Armaan also moving on in no time... I want him to do something worthwhile with life... yeah may be if they show a leap and tell us  that he found his happiness with someone it might still be ok... But honestly I don't want to see Armaan with another person.. Its a different thing that had it been real life I would have prayed that Armaan find someone much more deserving than Riddhima!! But I guess i want some part of AR to remain...

I definitely don't want him to be friends with Riddhima or for that matter have anything to do with Shashank too... because i really felt the way Shashank has treated him was beyond horrible!!! I would like to see Shashank repent for it atleast once.. but then can't really expect that in dmg! I know I am talking like Armaan is a real person and I am going to watch dmg for years now to see how Armaan fared in his life and how he did something good with his life.. become a great doctor etc .. but would like atleast something like an epilogue where they tell us what happened with the characters that they made us fall in love with....

I think finally it is RIP to the DMG I loved.... None of the season one characters got the ending they deserved... when AR were supposed to be coming back I had hoped   that may be there could be a reunion of sorts for the old gang and even if they don't show us extended stories .. atleast one or two episodes where people sort things out and be with the ones they loved!!! But as in life , even in stories fairy tales are mostly out of fashion... So as a person who genuinely loved the season one characters and their stories a few tears in memory of what could have been!!

But yeah I wish people wouldn't term AR's love as lust!!
Edited by solembaum - 13 years ago
doukno thumbnail
I dont kno which side u belong to,nm21...I dont kno whether u root for SR or not but jst want to tell u dat I really really love ur posts.Complete in all senses.Beautiful, indeed, all ur posts not jst dis one!!

And to be honest I really am gloating at the AR fans' helplesness coz it was a war. I  was bashed ,aspersions were cast on my sanity and all for a few fictional characters......So den why shud'nt I laugh at dos ppl who made silly one liners of my comments.

AR was gud once upon a tym but SR is better now!!
Edited by doukno - 13 years ago
cooldude10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
it's an amazing post! i honestly had tears in my eyes while reading this ๐Ÿ‘
beautifully portrayedd
it's like a big big big big let down for AR fans but
if others want this to happen (sr) then i guess it's okay cuz we all hav favourites and SR fans would hav gone through the same thing if AR united.
no sarcasm :) i really feel that way
so even if cvs disheart some of us (AR)
they are stil making someone happy (SR)
๐Ÿ˜ต even if i still terribly want AR
it's not gonna be the same for me :/
the magic that AR brought was really somethinggg ๐Ÿ˜Š
rapunzel84 thumbnail
U know its so refreshing to see ppl like u on this forum...mature and objective n most importantly talking sense...Wat u mentioned in ur post, i ve been saying since a very long time now....Armaan's basket died the day she consumed poison and the girl sid revived was completely different...whom we now know as ridhhima modi....i wish ppl understood the difference between the two n accept tht she can never be the same ridhhima now..too much has happened...too much has changed...n change is the only thing constant in this world...the sooner ppl accept tht, the better it is...coz i firmly believe life is about moving on...

And this post coming from an AR fan is truly tremendous....I ve been an AR fan myself...i absolutely adored the jodi and Kash for me was like AR personified...they breathed life into the characters...

Anyways tht was a very well written post and hopefully ppl will understand the message u r trying to get across!

Cheers
Rapz