(SR) Ridz and her farz...

arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

So I said I would be back about Ridz'and here I am.

I just could not wait.  After watching today's epi I just know people are going to start throwing chappals at her ASAP.  But I for one am glad things went down the way they did.  (Yes even the part with poor Sid getting hurt, after all as I like to say Ridz LOVES play Doctor Doctor with her husband πŸ˜‰ )

So we start the epi with Ridz attempting to walk away from Armaan and having another almost tumble.  This prompts Armaan to offer her help, at first she hesitates and then he says, "don't you trust me?" and she then allows him to pick her up in his arms.  Is this right?? Personally, no I don't think it is, there are many other ways for one to help a person with a hurt leg for example supporting her shoulder and allowing her to lean on him, or to have her sit and go get a bell-gaddi (I'm sure since this is DMG one could conveniently be found).  But this is DMG and of course that carrying in arms scene is a must for the story to progress.  But I know many of us struggle watching that scene and wonder to ourselves, "why did she do that? Why did she let Armaan carry her?"  I think that the reason Ridz did let Armaan carry her was because of that "Don't you trust me?"  For the past few epi where Ridz has been thrown into her past at a place joined with so many memories of her first love she has come to a realization. And that realization is that yeah she was in love with Armaan, yeah they shared some nice moments that will stay with her forever.  But she also came to see that Armaan and those feelings are just that they are pieces of her past.  Things that she can't ever forget nor will she ever want to forget as they are part of her.  But they are also not the foundation upon which she wants to build her future.  Her now and her future are completely separate (or so she would like it to be if Sid would just stop bringing up Armaan's name).  So when he asks her "don't you trust me?" the answer is simply, it's not a matter about her trusting him, but it's a matter of her trusting herself with him.  And in these past few days she knows that no matter what Armaan does, she herself knows what she wants and that is to move forward without looking back.  (whether its with or without Sid we only get to see later)

So then of course Armaan carries her, and here comes the entry of poor Siddhant.  Here he is anxious and ecstatic to meet his wife, to finally clear the air and start their life together and what does he get?  He gets his wife in her ex's arms both of them eyelocking with that infamous dupatta covering them.  And of course his fuse blows.  You can just tell that this man's heart of gold has officially turned into coal in that moment.  That it no longer shines and glitters but is dark and grey and hard as rock.  Of course, Ridz removes the dupatta and then glances and gets the first of many big shocks.  There stands her husband and that look in his eyes is something that not only warns her, but scares her.  So she gets set down on her feet and tries to make eye contact with her husband, she calls his name tries to start to explain.  (how she would manage I'm not sure).   Instead all she gets is the back of her husband.  I was over the moon that Sid did walk away.  I think this was exactly the thing he needed to do in that moment.  If he had started to scream at her in that moment she would have either gotten her feathers ruffled and they would have just had screaming match and he wouldn't have said the things that needed to be said.  He would have never said what Ridz's needed to hear.  So by walking away, he got Ridz to finally take action'for once Ridz had to chase him down. And you know what?  She did.  She didn't glance back once at Armaan she went after what she wanted, she went after her husband. 

So she went to stop Sid and then finally, finally Sid said the things that Ridz needed to hear.  He finally told her that he never wanted those divorce papers to actually be signed, that he did so cause he felt he had to. That the fact that she signed them so fast only proved that she didn't care.  And that when he was hoping for their reconciliation and came up to start something afresh that instead he found her in the arms of her ex.  And with each dagger of words Sid throws at Ridz, it is abundantly clear that the light that has been dimmed in Ridz's brain is starting to brighten.  The bulb is going off.  Finally, Ridz got the confirmation she had been looking for all this time.  Finally, Sid has told her that yes, she does matter that she was all he wanted.  And you know what, in that moment she does what's she's supposed to do, she lets Sid spew out all the words he needs to.  She only interrupts him a few times'the first time when he says that you still love Armaan. She interrupts him and says don't bring Armaan in between us, that Sid was the one that sent the dp.  I think this once again confirms that she did not sign those papers because of Armaan, but because of the things that were going on with Sid and Sid alone.  The other time she interrupts him is when he said you used me.  Once again as far as Ridz is concerned Sid has been calling all the shots she has simply been doing what he wants.  So in her eyes she's the one that has been used, and abandoned not Sid.  Thus, when she hears what Sid has really been thinking we see the shock on her face.   And finally, she tells Armaan to butt out, that this is between her and Sid.  I think in this moment she knew what she wanted.  Finally, she can take steps toward her future with Sid.  Because up until now she was stuck in the present.  She didn't want to go to her past and the future she wanted to walk towards, the future with Sid was not being offered to her.  Sid was not extending his hands toward Ridz in fact he was pushing her away.  So today for the first time, Ridz saw that all this time Sid was not extending his hands toward her because his hand was on her back this whole time supporting her, in silence. 

And the moment Sid says he has no haaq, that she can stay with her haaqdar and then drives away.  Oh, my heart broke for Ridz.  In that moment she was not worried about herself or what her future held.  But she was worried about Sid and the anger and hurt he was feeling.  She flashed back to the time where Sid was so angry with himself that he brought harm to himself, and yet again she proved that although at times she is dense there is one thing she understands, and that is that the man she married is one that would never in anger harm her but instead would take out all that pain on himself.  So as she stands there calling for Sid and crying, and as Armaan tries to question her about how dare Sid say such things to you.  All she cares about is Sid's safety and well being.  The words he spewed to her didn't cause her pain, but instead they lightened her heart.  They were the words she has been waiting to hear, they were words that proved to her that she meant something to Sid.  So she begs Armaan to help her go find Sid.  And she does, and we see that Sid truly is the one that holds her heart.  When she sees him hurt in that car all her focus is on Sid and trying to get him to wake up, to make sure he's ok. It takes Armaan's interruption for her snap out of her panic and to realize that the only way to help Sid is to take him back to the orphanage and treat him there. 

And this brings me to the Farz line.  Yup, she said it again.  I know a lot of you out there started to moan and groan and I'm sure a few computer screens/tvs were broken.  But I think this is exactly the way Ridz needed to handle it.  You ask why? Well if you go back to the speech of anger Sid spewed at Ridz he said some words there that not only struck me, but also Ridz as deja vu and you know what you can tell by her face.  He used the words 'naatak', 'joothi aasoo', and 'bewakuf'.  And you know what I flashed back to? To the pre-honeymoon days.  To the days where Sid was so angry and confused and hurt that all he had was anger in him.  That everything Ridz tried to do out of the goodness of heart and not out of duty would just egg his anger on.  And when Ridz heard those words come out of Sid's mouth again, you can see her sigh and shrivel and realize that although finally she heard the words she needed to hear.  And she finally felt that hand that was on her back supporting her.  The battle for her future was going to be a long and tiring one.  That she was going to once again have to prove to Sid that all she has felt and done was not an act, but that it was in fact truly reality.  She knows that she is going to have to slowly find the pieces of that shattered heart, glue them back together again, and start to coat it with gold one stroke at a time.  But she also knows that what she feels in her heart will not be received well by this Sid.  She knows that the only thing that will keep Sid within her line of sight is his since of duty.  So what does she do? She throws down the gauntlet and her foot.  She orders him to stay put.  And that if he still wants to be stubborn and head off on his own...then fine he can, but guess what she's his wife and there's nothing he can do to keep her from going with him.  So this time the word farz from Ridz is not one of duty, but it's a facade she's going to use to poke at the embers of Sid's duty.  I wouldn't be surprised if she uses this title to get herself back at Sid's house. To use it to make sure that she gets her chance to prove once and for all that she is right where she wants to be.  That she wants to be Mrs. Riddhima Modi.       

So I say, you go Riddhima Modi.  You use all the dirty tricks in you book and make sure that as you superglue Sid's heart back that you infuse it with pieces of yours and don't forget to take some pieces of his and place them in yours.

I would just like to end with this: Man these two are truly meant to be. πŸ˜ As it has been said countless times when one hurts the other hurts.  When one's happy the other is too.  Well once again, one was langdi and guess what happened...yup the other became langdoo..voh bhi dono Right leg pe hi...πŸ˜†

You know the rules...play nice

Edited by arp04srocks - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

well said. loved your post

i completly loves Rids today, loved the way she handled the entire situation

They way she kept talking about Sid's anger and safety,

nothing else seemed important for her other than Sid.

Sid has truely overpowered Rids

keep it up Rids

you have a tought task coming yp but i am sure you will win back Sid  one day.

norzar

sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

brilliant post my dearπŸ€—....u explained the farz line soo perfectly..yes she cannot use any emotional line with siddanth hte state he is in but she had to put down her foot and remind him of what he keps on harping and he has to accept that whether he like it or not...she is his wife and it is her duty to be with him..........and she is going to use this line to get an upper hand on mr.modi too............

they were brilliant in hte confrontation scene...........riddhima found her answers ,now she has to convince her husband that the questions he threw at her have no answers becasue there cannot be a question mark where i and you are concerned..............

and truly even in their fight ,hurt ,anger all you see is how pefectly they are made for each other ..........no one else can tolerate these two other than these two themselveπŸ˜†
davikrazzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow..........lovely post.....your analysis is soooo true! this is the 1st tym i posted in this forum, bt just cudnt help myself aft reading ur opinion! 
rapunzel84 thumbnail
Wow...u shud be a writer man...u n poco n so many other wonderful writers we have in our SR brigade...n as usual Take a Bow my friend πŸ‘ This was a sensational piece!!

I agree wit each n every word u said here...i said a similar thing in one of my posts...the last line where she talks bout her farz was significant n symbolic...

When sid gains consciousness...He wants to go away from AR's lives but doesnt realize tht now Ridhhima's fate is entwined with his...She s finally understood what she has to do...Move on wit her husband while braving her past...Her dialogue today was very significant - Tum Jahan Jaoge Main tumhare saath jaaoongi...Part of the 7 vows they took during the pheras....significant even more so coz she says this in front of Armaan...accepting and dealing with her past like a finality n then letting armaan and sid know tht she is now only Mrs. Ridhhima Siddhant Modi who wants to move forward in life holding only one person's hands - Her Husband!

PS: the last line cracked me up dude...langdaa n langdiiii...i laughed out so loud my folks thot i ve gone mad πŸ˜†
arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: norzar

hi

well said. loved your post

i completly loves Rids today, loved the way she handled the entire situation

They way she kept talking about Sid's anger and safety,

nothing else seemed important for her other than Sid.

Sid has truely overpowered Rids

keep it up Rids

you have a tought task coming yp but i am sure you will win back Sid  one day.

norzar

Thanks for liking the post, and i agree i loved Rids today...finally she did something and i was darn proud of her...and has finally made her decision and she's not going to back down or let anything stand in her way...and she's going to need that spine to stand up against angry modi...but at least we will get to enjoy it from here πŸ˜ƒ
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful post

You got everything down perfectly

You know i wasnt even angry that she used Farz (i think we can see why she did) - because i really do think she needs to use it to her advantage to keep Sid near its the only way she will get to be with him, in the sense of putting her rights on him

And she is his wife, so yes use the word farz, all wives have to - but we all know and can see she indeed has feelings for Sid, and she wants this marriage and she wants Sid
Maha_Sid-dewani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
great post!!!
i finished reading it n realised that it was really long but while reading it i didnt notice that bcoz the words kept me soo glued to them that i didnt notice anything else...

the words

I would just like to end with this: Man these two are truly meant to be. πŸ˜ As it has been said countless times when one hurts the other hurts.  When one's happy the other is too.  Well once again, one was langdi and guess what happened...yup the other became langdoo..voh bhi dono Right leg pe hi...πŸ˜†

Love the langda langdri part!!!🀣🀣🀣

punjabkudi98 thumbnail
ridzi is so in luv with sid i saw her emotions wen sid got hurt!!!!❀️❀️
amazing post πŸ‘

yes ridz better get down and dirty to wine your husband heart now, she should used all the techique a married women used to win their husbands, mrs. riddhima modi please get yourself ready for world war III, your husbanad is not going to budge, and you make sure you pock your wife right over a husband over and over again. only this way will you be able to stay near your husband, after today eposide mr.siddhant modi, is not the husband who was before during the coffee scene, you ahve a hell of a work to do, good luck.