Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: ssk13809

She's the daughter of Gulshan Kumar

oh ok, thanks...
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
And it's fitting that she was singing with Himesh in this round. Because basically he got her career started, and like all her first songs were sung with the legend Himesh Reshammiya.
simi_1 thumbnail

😆

See look what you did xobile.

SSK i had 2 tabs opened and accidently posted the wrong score and comment , so sent an email to rising above to correct my scores

and honestly i was trying hard to listen to this female voice as the male singing was more dominant for me in this song
ssk13809 thumbnail

Originally posted by: simi_1

SSK i had 2 tabs opened and accidently posted the wrong score and comment , so sent an email to rising above to correct my scores

and honestly i was trying hard to listen to this female voice as the male singing was more dominant for me in this song

Well I can understand that
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

And it's fitting that she was singing with Himesh in this round. Because basically he got her career started, and like all her first songs were sung with the legend Himesh Reshammiya.

😕 😡 ... 😆
simi_1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: desicrowd

😕 😡 ... 😆

Well I was not rating the male singer at all, just that he had more singing than the female artists and that is all meant
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Terrible....Her voice was too shrill, and it looked like at that rate, she would cross the sound barrier pretty soon. She was obviously much better than her male counterpart though. I am kinda in between 5 and 6, but since she sung better than you-know-who, I'll give her a 6!
ssk13809 thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Terrible....Her voice was too shrill, and it looked like at that rate, she would cross the sound barrier pretty soon. She was obviously much better than her male counterpart though. I am kinda in between 5 and 6, but since she sung better than you-know-who, I'll give her a 6!

Last male counterpart debayon made these comments on was Sonu Nigam. Welcome to the club Himeshji. Sonu Nigam and Himesh Reshammiya, 2 legends.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hmm. First of all my deep apologies to Tulsi ji, her fans, and her masters. Do not mean to offend anyone! I am not very familiar with this singer. I just didn't feel her throughout the song. I wasn't able to connect to her singing as much as I am able to with other singers. She isn't bad at all. But she can def use a lot more improvement. She has a very sweet voice and all she needs to do is take more training to improve upon it. The song is a beautiful one. Himesh is amazing. But when leveled out to him, she's weak. And I know we aren't judging anyone but her, but sometimes when the other singer "overshadows" the other one, its hard not to point it out. All in all Tulsi is a good singer that can use a lot of improvement. Nice song though!

So taking everything into consideration, I have come up with a final rating of 6!
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 14 years ago
ssk13809 thumbnail
Solid singing. Tulsi Kumar, Daughter of the late Gulshan Kumar. Himesh introduced her to Bollywood, gave her all her first songs, and since then she has made a solid name for herself in Bollywood. Singing in quite a few hits.

She has great voice quality. This was young in her career, so her singing ability wasn't that good. But definately, she has great voice quality, so I could see what Himesh saw in her. Overall in this song, yes she was dominated by Himesh, she still I think had some impact. She showed her good voice quality, though struggled with some of the higher pitches, and just didn't have much feeling in it like xobile said.

Overall, this deserves a 6 due to at least good voice quality, but since she sang with Himesh, make that a 7/10