Was Karthik Right?

rapi_c thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hello friends,

I'm shocked at the way karthik went to handle ansari and wasim all by himself.. Do u think it was a right decision on his part? After all it was ansari's den and even if karthik had handled two of them alone, there might be others around to help them. Didn't karthik make his position quite vulnerable, so NOT required from a police officer or an army man!

Am bit angry with this decision, even if the poor guy is dead! Do share ur opinion too... Would love to know what u all think of this.. 
Edited by rapi_c - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sehar mehrotra thumbnail
I agree Rapi..........he himself called fr his death.....

But he might also have thought that this was their one and only opportunity to catch him red handed.............with drugs!!!!!He must have thought it as a once in lifetym opportunity and thats why he thought less of himself and more of his dept!!!!!!😊😊
-Jitu- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It was a complete stupid decision by Kartik to go for the arrest alone....he didn't even call for backup or told anyone that Ansari is there with him....
atulsabharwal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi,

Thanks for all the nice reviews :)

I just need to point out one detail. Kartik did not know Ansari and Wasim have come up in the building. Nobody knew till that point (among the officers) that the same building was Ansar's godown. He just reacted to the sound and followed the sound, until he reached the door and realized that it was Ansari. And when he opened the door he saw drugs were being hidden. It was a catch 22 for him, like Sehar pointed out. He underestimated Ansari, true. But he did not want to let go of the moment also of actually catching Ansari with drugs - the man himself breaking the rule that he's been religiously following to evade law.

I agree Kartik could have left from the door, once he saw Ansari and called for back-up. But back-up was not outside the building. Entire back-up was blind-foldedly chasing a container and all the might was behind that. That was strategic lapse. But yes a tragic one.

So by the time back-up would have reached Ansari would have gone, Plus Kartik did not know that container had no drugs. He must have also felt its a double run and could not distracted core team from doing its duty :)

Atul

PROTOPLASM thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well, in my opinion, Karthik acted really stupid 😔

When NCB, ANC and DRI, all three combined couldn't catch Ansari, then how can he think that he could catch someone like Naved Ansari all alone ??? 😲 😆

Also, when arresting Ansari, why didn't Karthik think that Ansari will surely try to do some trick ??? ðŸ˜• It's not just some petty criminal, he was Naved Ansari for god's sake, he is never going to handover himself to the police without any resistance just because someone was pointing a gun towards him 😕
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Exactly...why would anybody call for his own death? He should have laid low instead.  The thing is that he has a bit of pride in him, probably that's why he took this decision. RIP Kartik.😭😭
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: atulsabharwal

Hi,

I just need to point out one detail. Kartik did not know Ansari and Wasim have come up in the building. Nobody knew till that point (among the officers) that the same building was Ansar's godown. He just reacted to the sound and followed the sound, until he reached the door and realized that it was Ansari. And when he opened the door he saw drugs were being hidden. It was a catch 22 for him, like Sehar pointed out. He underestimated Ansari, true. But he did not want to let go of the moment also of actually catching Ansari with drugs - the man himself breaking the rule that he's been religiously following to evade law. Whether it was Ansari or not, he shouldn't have gone on a battle of words with him, and should have injured him and then called for backup.

So by the time back-up would have reached Ansari would have gone, Plus Kartik did not know that container had no drugs. He must have also felt its a double run and could not distracted core team from doing its duty :)You are kinda contradicting your statement above. If he didn't know that it wasn't Ansari, why would he be anxious to catch the big fish all by himself? He should've called for backup ASAP.

Atul

rapi_c thumbnail

Originally posted by: sehar mehrotra

I agree Rapi..........he himself called fr his death.....

But he might also have thought that this was their one and only opportunity to catch him red handed.............with drugs!!!!!He must have thought it as a once in lifetym opportunity and thats why he thought less of himself and more of his dept!!!!!!😊😊

thnx for reply sehar.. 😳

that could be the only reason to console.. but what i think that he should have called back to at least let his colleagues know right after he saw ansari inside. or bose? ZD must have some directions for him.

even if he had caught them, would it have been possible to drag them to car and speed off to NCB head office? i don't think so, Khaled incident had proved how hard it could have been.. all in all, i think this decision was a bit hasty. not well thought out. maybe he didn't have time for that! ansari might have left india any day and after that it'd have been virtually impossible to catch him.

rapi_c thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackSonic

It was a complete stupid decision by Kartik to go for the arrest alone....he didn't even call for backup or told anyone that Ansari is there with him....

thanks for reply BlackSonic.. 😛

yeah at least he needed to let them know, even if his colleagues were busy with some other operation.. besides, by that time they had nabbed the truck and that operation was almost finished (and karthik knew it when he talked to them).. so why didn't he call them?! usmaan always have some strategy ready for such situations. at least a couple of officers could have been sent to him.

rapi_c thumbnail

Originally posted by: atulsabharwal

Hi,

I just need to point out one detail. Kartik did not know Ansari and Wasim have come up in the building. Nobody knew till that point (among the officers) that the same building was Ansar's godown. He just reacted to the sound and followed the sound, until he reached the door and realized that it was Ansari. And when he opened the door he saw drugs were being hidden. It was a catch 22 for him, like Sehar pointed out. He underestimated Ansari, true. But he did not want to let go of the moment also of actually catching Ansari with drugs - the man himself breaking the rule that he's been religiously following to evade law.

I agree Kartik could have left from the door, once he saw Ansari and called for back-up. But back-up was not outside the building. Entire back-up was blind-foldedly chasing a container and all the might was behind that. That was strategic lapse. But yes a tragic one.

So by the time back-up would have reached Ansari would have gone, Plus Kartik did not know that container had no drugs. He must have also felt its a double run and could not distracted core team from doing its duty :)

Atul

thanks for replying and explaining it atul.. 😳

@red---   
that's why the decision seems hasty. when he saw only ansari and no drugs, he didn't have any reason to not go back and call his teammates quietly.

@blue---  that natasha import-export operation was almost finished by that time. even if the containers didn't have drugs, usmaan hardly required many officers there. besides he had jagdale's men for help too!