Views

Users

Frequent Posters

somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: xobile

That's a good choice, somone!

Did you know that the only time A R Rahman was nominated without winning the Filmfare Award for Best Music was in 2005, when Anu Malik won the award for 'Main Hoon Na'? Other than this one time, A R rahman has always won the award when nominated!

Wow, that is another new information for me! You really seem an ardent fan of Anu Malik! I can clearly see that. I hope Anu Malik brings more of good music like that of 'Main Hoon Naa' so that he can win more fame for himself through such awards and I also must say that this award was a well-deserved one, fair and square. It was a great job done indeed by Anu Malik in 'Main Hoon Naa' which makes it my favourite album from Anu Malik as a Music Director.
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: somone999

Wow, that is another new information for me! You really seem an ardent fan of Anu Malik! I can clearly see that. I hope Anu Malik brings more of good music like that of 'Main Hoon Naa' so that he can win more fame for himself through such awards and I also must say that this award was a well-deserved one, fair and square. It was a great job done indeed by Anu Malik in 'Main Hoon Naa' which makes it my favourite album from Anu Malik as a Music Director.

Yep - I used to hate Anu Malik during Indian Idols 1, 2 and 3 because I thought he was rude and he only made B-grade songs. But after seeing an interview of his, I decided to find his other songs and my respect for him grew... When I changed my perspective from negative to positive, I could remember so many good things about him which I had always known but chosen to forget... He is now one of my favourites, along with Ismail Darbar, Jatin-Lalit, Vishal Bharadwaj, Amit Trivedi, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and of course A R Rahman.

Let's hope he does more good work in the future. But the way his career is going, I don't know if he will get many more good projects. His old buddies like Farah Khan and Shahrukh Khan have switched loyalties to more current composers... I guess after 30 years, Anu should just be proud that he has achieved everything there is to achieve in this industry and his career has outlived most of the actors, filmmakers, lyricists and singers he started off with - that's an achievement too!

Here's one of Anu's earliest songs - almost 30 years ago! 'A Zara Mere Humnasheen' sung by THE Mohd Rafi in the 80's. In the interludes, you can hear the tune of 'Chori Chori Jab Nazrein Mili' sung by Kumar Sanu in the 90's. And 1.45 sec onwards, you can hear the tune of 'Fiza' sung by Sonu Nigam in the 2000's.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAqv3e1j9MU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWfMSsLxQfI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwYpFexqh8[/YOUTUBE]

Apologies Xobile but have to say that I have same feeling for both Himmesh and Anu

Great composers but bad judges😊
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Some of Anu's music are mesmerizing...Though he is still known for his inspirations from the western songs (Pritam Da is the new King in that)...Anu Malik has given some of the best music to our industry. I have been appalled at times when I see that the MD behind some of the beautiful creations is Anu Malik. But as a judge, nah don't like him...II is bcos of Anu is cos he brings in the drama. I don't like drama. Anu can be a good judge if required, he gives good criticism but then he adds his touch of drama which is not needed every time and makes the show seem scripted. I love Sonu as a judge and would love to see him back on II.
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: slumdog

Apologies Xobile but have to say that I have same feeling for both Himmesh and Anu

Great composers but bad judges😊

Haha Slumdog you need not apologise - I agree Anu often goes over the top with his jhagdas as a judge. But his comments are way more perceptive than Himmy's and he's quite impartial too! He picks up on small things like the way Shahenaaz sang 'Taare hain baraati' - he noted how most people don't add the right harkat in 'taare'. Himmy bhai prefers to shout a lot and then ask contestants to rewatch their performance on TV lol...

Taare Hain Baraati - one of Anu Malik's best songs:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1abpd3WL0[/YOUTUBE]

Omg this song always gives me goosebumps

Edited by xobile - 14 years ago

Haha Slumdog you need not apologise - I agree Anu often goes over the top with his jhagdas as a judge. But his comments are way more perceptive than Himmy's and he's quite impartial too! He picks up on small things like the way Shahenaaz sang 'Taare hain baraati' - he noted how most people don't add the right harkat in 'taare'. Himmy bhai prefers to shout a lot and then ask contestants to rewatch their performance on TV lol...

Taare Hain Baraati - one of Anu Malik's best songs:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1abpd3WL0[/YOUTUBE]

Omg this song always gives me goosebumps

I hope you are not lebelling Anu Malik as universal singer, great singer etc etc like someone in MKMK. I believe you appreciation of Anu Malik is purely based on his music directing skill only.😊
xobile thumbnail
@slumdog

Anu Malik has done quite a few things in his career, like judging, singing, composing and plagiarising tracks...

Out of these I only appreciate his original compositions and (at times) his judging. When he judges like a true musician and doesn't try to copy Simon Cowell, he's a good judge...

As for his singing, he is not elite or universal or great or legendary. He's quite a bad singer but his voice works for certain wacky songs like 'Janam Samjha Karo'.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYH6kRWu3gs[/YOUTUBE]
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: slumdog

I hope you are not lebelling Anu Malik as universal singer, great singer etc etc like someone in MKMK. I believe you appreciation of Anu Malik is purely based on his music directing skill only.😊

Hmmm. I'm labeling? If you didn't know, Himesh won playback singer of the year from Filmfare (The most prestigious singing award). So it's correct to label him as a great singer. For Anu, who I don't even know ever got nominated, you would have to make a strong case. But Himesh, he has proven himself.
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssk13809

Hmmm. I'm labeling? If you didn't know, Himesh won playback singer of the year from Filmfare (The most prestigious singing award). So it's correct to label him as a great singer. For Anu, who I don't even know ever got nominated, you would have to make a strong case. But Himesh, he has proven himself.

LOL you will never let us forget that Filmfare gave Himesh that award, will you?

Award or no award, for me Himesh is one of the worst singers to have recorded songs in Hindi films. He is on my list of worst Bollywood singers along with Anu Malik, Preeti-Pinky and Shabbir Kumar.
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

LOL you will never let us forget that Filmfare gave Himesh that award, will you?

Award or no award, for me Himesh is one of the worst singers to have recorded songs in Hindi films. He is on my list of worst Bollywood singers along with Anu Malik, Preeti-Pinky and Shabbir Kumar.

Quick have any of these other singers won playback singer of the year? Didn't think so.

Once again, only great (not elite i admit) singers win playback singers of the year. Not bad, average, or good singers. Only the great.

Quote from Himesh  the other day.

"I've first proven myself as a music director. Then I proved myself as a singer. Now I will prove myself as an actor. 100%. I have had 1 hit film and 1 bad film. I will prove myself."

Something along those lines. But point to note is he has already proven himself as a singer.