Marriage Vs. K-Shows Vs. Other shows..

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Well, I have come across a lot of posts where it says "Marriage = K-Shows", "Don't turn this show into a K-show with SR marriage.." "DMG is a youth show, hence LOVE should prevail ..".. etc etc.. So thought of thinking a bit on this issue..

First of all, I don't think K-Shows are only based on Marriage.. We call a show K-Show becoz of certain factors..

1. When the storyline is dragged to no end..
2. Where people always jump into creating mess out of others' life, with lots of misunderstandings..
3. Which have lots of dramatic confrontations..
4. A villain, who starts his/her negativity for a specific goal or to ruin a specific person's life, but then gets distracted and end up ruining everyone's life..
5. The tracks become meaningless and loses its original goal..
6. One track ends, and another meaningless krap track begins with no particular reason except to keep the show going on..
7. Having s** before marriage, and then repenting due to it..
8. Except for some eternal marriages like Mihir-Tulsi, Rishabh-Prerna, Milind-Prachi, Om-Parvati, and now in PR, Archana-Maanav, we see love-stories between Angad-Kripa, Sujal-Kashish, Yudi-Mukti, Yug-Vrinda, Gauri-Pratham, Arjun-Arohi, Prem-Heer, Anuraag-Prerna, Karan-Nandini and loads more.. Weren't they young enough?😊

So, calling DMG a K-Show with 'SR Marriage' aint justified at all.. Becoz..

1. DMG was always a dragging show or else, AR would have married long back..
2. Lots of misunderstandings like Riddhima's blaming Armaan, Shashank-Armaan stuffs, were in focus for many days..
3. We see some stuffs like "Muskan's outburst to Rahul", or "Riddhima's slap to Armaan".. those are not very far behind than K-Confrontations if not equal..
4. This is one point, where DMG aint similar to K-show.. And SR's marriage aint turning that into a K-show either, as it has no villain as such ..
5. The tracks were meaningless since last 1 yr or so..
6. Same as #5 becoz two tracks have no similarities with each other..
7. Rahul-Muskaan - Guess so....
8. We have had loads of love-stories btwn AR, RM, AA, AN.. to name a few..

Hence, SR marriage is not the thing which is turning the show into a K-show as it has all the stuffs already..

Now, comes the other regular shows which are rocking n rolling and in very much demand in India.. :D

Here again we can see a lot of similarities with current track of DMG.. Forced Marriage, no specific negative character as such, one God-like character, Forced marriage turnin into a love-marriage etc etc.. Call it Pratigya, Bidai, Uttaran, Balika Badhu, Naa ana Iss desh, Bhagya Vidhata to name a few.. And these all have the same factors which K-shows had had once.. But they r a bit modified version of those..

Now comes the Kekta and the Latest Hit shows vs. DMG.. Well we can not deny the popularities of the shows where family and marriage rules.. I guess the profession of Doctor is not so childish.. The proper example of Youth show can be MJHT, or Remix .. But DMG deals with people who are at their mid 20's and in such profession which make them closest to God.. What's wrong with getting married at this age? And who said after getting married, their youth age is over? With SR marriage, they can STILL show them dealing with youngsters' emotions and problems.. ( as they claim it as youth show ), but if they go with K-ways or other shows, they still can have better impact on audience.. So what's wrong if DMG tries to be one of those.. ? After all for CV, it's TRP which matters, and nothing else..

So.. SR never made this show a K-show or Other shows.... and Even if they make it, it's for the better for the CV and that's allπŸ˜›
Edited by prerna4rishav - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
in a hurry, didn't read the whole post.😳

In most K shows ekta's female character ends up loving the husband more than the first love, maybe that's why people are afraid and don't want it to be similar.

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Hehe.. but it's becoz people want it :)

And ok read it later n put ur views me too gtg .. cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
BlueSoul thumbnail
Hi Guddu 😊

You forgot to add one point. In every K show, the confrontations are normally in a mass gathering. The whole world needs to see the Tamasha.

Riddhima is very much inspired from K-Shows. She has shown this trait most of the times. I would say Riddhima is more of an Ekta element rather than SR track.

Also, DMG was always worse than K-shows in my opinion (except the first 2-3 months). It was a senseless comedy show, in a hospital. (Will get you the examples some other time).

-Miya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I definitely don't blame SR for making this show as it is
Marriage does not = K shows and ur analysis of K shows is absolutely correct
DMG had acquired many of these factors even before the new interns came in such as endless tracks, dragging, misunderstandings and the intimacy before marriage too
What i do blame this track (not SR) is that it introduced negativity, touched limits of endless drama, sadness and above all the romantic element was lost
It would be an insult to Ekta Kapoor to compare her shows with DMG
And it is really really an insult to compare Cinevitaas with soap queen Ekta Kapoor and Balaji
By far, Ekta ji has been a source of inspiration to many television shows, you now see her original scenes used in many many shows and her original discoveries (actors, directors, music artists) succeeding in all different areas of the television industry
K shows usually had that youth element in it be it KZK, KMH, TSPLS, KYPH, KTH and so on- the generations covered up for bringing that youth feel back - her shows faultered either because they lacked creativity or she did too many shows at the same time (i like to believe te first reason)
BUT i don't agree with you when you say bring in negative drama and family based or i should say "a social message" which these hit shows that you've listed contain in them. A show CAN survive with positive characters e.g. Baa Bahu aur Baby, Sarabhai vs. SaraBhai and SGP (new addition) now my first two examples are very good ones, they've run for years with awesome TRPS but J.D.Majethia sir, who is the producer only concentrated on one-two shows at a time and the direction was very well handled. Just early last year and this year JD sir produced more shows Sukh By Chance, Behnein etc. and here's where he and his production house Hats Off faultered.
The bengali version of SGP is an altime hit, there are more shows like SGP produced in their industry. The youthful shows on Sony ent. are an example too. Overseas audiences such as myself really appreciate such awesome content, sad that indian makers don't want to take risks and introduce diversity/variety in television. YRF shows, believe it or not are really appreciated, and i think if makers are ready to take risks and develop a gradual change in their content, then only will youthful shows like DMG, MJHT and Remix be appreciated
Also TRP meters are stuck in the wrong areas. If they bother to add more TRP meters in Mumbai or more modern parts of India then our youth shows will garner more TRPs.Only 700 or so TRP meters are used in Mumbai out of 10000. If there were more, you'd know what the results would look like.  Also Star One isn't available everywhere, there's another factor.
Last but not the least, SR or the use of a Marriage track haven't changed DMG from a youthful show to a Kserial or a saas-bahu serial or watever u wanna call it but the lack of fresh tracks, negativity and rona dhona in the show has took the essence out of the original DMG. The damage was already done before the new interns came in but after they came in, it became worse and worse. There was no light-hearted entertainment and i wouldn't go to bed with a smile on my face like i did before. And when was DMG for teens or really young people anyway? It always had intimate romance and adult content. My mother hesitated to allow me to watch DMG in its initial phases too, she believed shows like DMG had a negative impact on youngsters. She thought it wasn't right content.

Soz for the Typos- ignore them
Okay really sorry for the long post but a fair reply to an AWESOME topic by Guddi
-Miya-
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ummmm what are K-shows? and who is this "kekta"?😳
BlueSoul thumbnail
@i_clueless: I liked your comment, specially coz you appreciated the efforts of Ekta Kapoor.

@All: I'm personally not a big fan of her shows, but I do love some of her shows or rather phases of that shows. She's been already demoralised by many for showing all the crap in her shows. But ppl only see the negetive side of anything. They forgot to thank her for providing entertainment for such a long time with consistency. Also, not to forget even after blaming/cursing her everyone used to watch the show everyday. The TRP's proved that. Even in this forum those who claim that Ekta's show were crap, had watched all those shows otherwise they wont be having so much details about those shows.

2nd, comes the TRP's. Believe it or not. NO student of age group 17-22, will be so much concerned about shows like DMG. Atleast student I know, coz they are all busy in their studies and carriers.

Boys are anyways not interested in any shows forget about mindless DMG. Elder ppl like our Mom Dads will never prefer watching a show like DMG. Anyways, they are busy with their offices and household works at the time DMG comes. And anyways they prefer to watch other sensible shows or rather news than watching DMG. So we are left only with the teeny weeny girls and girls above 24 (for whom the reason to watch any show is the handsome hunk of that show rather than the story or any other element)

Whereas all the ladies and the grandmoms and the granddads, and even teenagers watch K-shows. Starone when New had ULTIMATE shows like Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Remix, Siddhant (was nominated for emmy awards), Guns n Roses, Special Squad, Hotel Kingston etc etc.

But none of them brought TRP's. The only 2 shows which brought TRP's for StarOne were Nach Baliye and The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.

So, eventually the channel had to end all those shows and start all the other shows on StarOne too. And this is what Ekta did everytime. She always said that she does not create shows for upper class ppl. She created shows for the masses. And believe it or not even after so much criticism of K-Shows everone still watches all those shows.

And now, there's another league of shows like Balika-Vadu and all the rajasthani shows and shows focussing more on culture and traditions and human rights than just love stories. They all are far more interesting than shows like DMG.

So, DMG is nowhere in the race. It should rather be shut down than getting more negetive feedbacks or some mindless petitions by teeny weeny fans, which carries no weight at all.

This is my POV. Anyone who got offended is not my friend. πŸ˜›
Edited by BlueSoul - 14 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlueSoul

This is my POV. Anyone who got offended is not my friend. πŸ˜›

🀣🀣🀣

Sorry can't "hold back"!🀣
-Miya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@ All

Don't get the idea that i'm in luvv with Ekta Kapoor or Balaji or her shows
It's just that i appreciate her hard work and effort when it comes to love stories, actors and family drama. I specially don't like it when they say Ekta has given nothing to the television industry other than crappy old saas bahu content. She's given much much more and she does deserve applaud for that. She has the guts to try something new unlike every other production house currently showing "social issues" as backdrops to garner TRPS. Ronit Roy, Rajeev Khandelwal, Eijaz Khan, Anita Hassanandani, Karnvir Bohra have all entered bollywood now, they are doing commendable roles and it was this same Ekta Kapoor that discovered these talents. They would've had to struggle a lot more had  it not been for Ekta Kapoor's roles.

I obviously don't follow all Balaji shows religiously but i enjoy certain tracks/times in the show, or characters which make the show interesting. E.g. I watched PR for Savita Aai's awesome scenes-  now this is real entertainment. Since Savita Aai is becoming a good woman now, i don't watch it anymore. I watched KZK initially for P-RB but soon lost interest, then watched for PM- watched till Devki came. I followed updates after that

Ooh Guddi, you want DMG to follow the formula to TRP success? I wouldn't mind another Savita Aai πŸ˜† She'd be a lot of fun
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Awwwwwwww thanks a lt guys hehe.. I know I agree with Bluesoul abt the age grp of DMG viewers..

And @ clueless.... OMG hehe Savita Tai I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE her :D Gosh she is AWESUM.. I fink CV is tryin to make a LAME version of SAv Tai through Sid's Mom :(