Marriage and Love, what's the confusion?

monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Marriage is an institutions where people take time to gel with each other and turn 'WE' from two different people'

Since one month I am checking people doubting about marriage, and taking it for granted' what shall I say?

Living together for 8 hours and staying together for 24 hrs is what makes the the difference'

What guarantees that the lover will be a good husband? Love is the basis of all the relationship but the only thing no I don't agree, with love' respect, trust, a bonding and more than that a friendship' is required to build a successful relationship. Love is a something which can't be defined with certain traits. Giving up your precious moments is another form of pure love... it seems every one here have a barometer to calculate love in the atmosphere...

I mentioned in some post, sometimes feeling get so mingled that you can't differentiate love and respect or what you have more for someone. Moreover only love and no respect, Can this work? similarly, Vice-versa is true.

There can be different ways to show your love, it isn't necessary to go around the trees or gift the teddies to prove your love to someone, certainly not for me. How can someone compare love?

Even in all seven vows they never talk about love but friendship because that's nothing but a purest form of love where you don't expect any give and take' just promise to fulfil whats the best for their growth

And at the end of seven vows, they tell each other

"With these seven steps we now become friends. Allow me to reach out to you in friendship. Let our friendship be eternal and never severed".

PS:
Either accept there is no valid reasons, its just that fanz want certain two to be together this will help to save further disgracing of this wonderful institution... and avoid utter confusion of feelings.

Its a general topic and if you wanna counter my points you're more than welcome, but please try to give valid reasons... don't cover up your excuses. If you want certain two just for the sake of seeing them on screen then say that, what a big deal.

Edited by monar - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChristLover thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Great topic and great analysis, thanks for defining things properly.
luv07prida thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i completely agree with u
marriage is a sacred institution n it shld be respected
par....

n7genius thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I agree with you, monar. Marriage and Love are two different things. People need to understand that. It happens that some people who are deeply in love fail as a married couple. And people who just like each other end up to have a happy married life. Becoz as you said, marriage requires more than love.

And lolz.. u r so right . "Giving up your precious moments is another form of pure love... it seems every one here have a barometer to calculate love in the atmosphere... ". Love is not something that can be measured. I find it strange how some people here compare love between different couples! Also, when people compare, they are talking about different people who have different personalities. So, obviously, their behave and react differently to different situations. Just becoz someone wud react one way in a situation and other reacted in another way is but natural.

nyctophilia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow monar i love this topic and i agree with wat u have said..

well for me Marriage means.....

COMMITMENT!
The desire to keep working at it when its not all "wine and roses". To keep going through when the daily grind of real life takes the gloss off the romance. To accept that you ARE in it for the long haul.

COMPROMISE!
To realize that you are two different people with different ideas and ideals, and being willing to compromise,the willingness to stay as long as you don't have to compromise what it vital to your sense of self, or right and wrong.

COMMUNICATION!
The ability and the desire to let this other person know the real you, and your desire to know the real them, and not just the attractive things. If you can't communicate successfully you can't fix the normal problems that arise from having two people share their lives. Misunderstandings arise when you don't communicate!

Friendship, trust, respect, love,compromise,patience dedication,communication,compatibility compassion,devotion and shared values.I don't think love alone is a reason to marry. Life is much more complicated than love can resolve.There is more than love there shud be a breeding companionship and undying friendship and soul bonding..this is from where is see Siddhant and Riddhima's beautiful Relationship..it is very closer to wat we see in real life and that is why i can connect to these two wonderful people....
Edited by kritishah3 - 14 years ago
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
exactly! u have defined the differences really well.....marriage cant survive solely on love...it needs more than that!

'love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing.'
-Fatima- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
completely agree with u.great topic
agree agree agree!!!🥳

thanks for explaining the difference b/w marriage and love!!👏👏

all i have to say is,
sometimes in life you cannot have your first love and sometimes you might be married to your prefect match who you can not love more than someone else but deep down you know you were meant to be together!

Love is a feeling there is no means to measure it, you just have to listen to your heart and depend on your instincts!

cheers
Kai

romiosugar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Mona sweetie, couldn't agree more with you. Lovely post with great analysis and explanation.I loved it completely.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome post !! I loved it !! 😊

This is exactly what Siddhant and Riddhima  will/should be going thro !!