CID

Aditya Srivastav's new movie - article and trailer

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
I found that this piece of news was posted on this forum  in Aug 2009, but i was not a member then. Anyway....there are quite a few freshers here who might have not read this, so pls read this and enjoy.  

Monday Mar 10 5:25 PM

Bollywood Trade News Network

Beyond Dreams Entertainment Limited's DESERT WITCH KAALO - is India's first creature horror film. From the makers of Shyam Benegal's (to be directed) SIDDHARTH GAUTAM THE BUDDHA, this horror flick is being directed by renowned VFX director Willson Louis and produced by Mamta Patnaik, Yash Patnaik.

Touted as India's first live-action-animation-horror-film KAALO's story is loosely based on a Rajasthani folk tale about a desert witch who was killed and buried by angry villagers of Kaligarh 600 years ago. But after the horrific incident, the belief and fear that KAALO's ghost still looms over Kaligarh village and that the KAALO's ghost may return to take revenge made the villagers abandon the place. With the passing of centuries the evil witch remains buried until she was unearthed by an accident.

Yash Patnaik's supernatural thriller DESERT WITCH KAALO goes on floor in Jaisalmer from 10th March is slated for a Diwali release starring BLACK FRIDAY and SATYA fame Aditya Srivastav, CHEENI KUM fame Swini Khara, Paintal, Hemant Pandey, Raj Zutshi, Aditya Lakhia, Satish Sharma, Manoj Tiger and Abhijeet Satam (Shivaji Satam's son) as key characters with Debutants Madhurima Tuli, Shraddha, Prashant Kumar.

Pls view trailer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4XZuoBEUcU[/YOUTUBE]

Found the story as well....pls read.

Hundreds of years ago witchery/witchcraft was practiced heavily in Europe, Africa and Asia. It has been found that between 11th and 19th century as many as 9 million (90 lac) women, suspected witches with supernatural powers, were mercilessly killed in these regions. In India, eastern and northern India had witnessed many incidents of witchcrafts and witch-hunts. Every such incident had a story. Kaalo's story is inspired by one such folktale about a Witch named Kaalo who used to sacrifice young nubile girls for her immortality.

Kaalo was a witch who lived in Kulbhata during the 18th century. She was killed and buried by angry villagers for sacrificing young nubile girls to satisfy her greed for immortality, but her fear lived on. Years later villagers spoke of Kaalo's sightings yet again. They claimed she was even more angry and dangerous.. And she was back to finish what she left incomplete.. Kulbhata was vacated overnight by scared villagers.

All roads leading to Kulbhata were sealed by horrifying tales of Kaalo killing anyone who dared to enter Kulbhata' Until a bus carrying eleven passengers on its way to Kuldevi had to pass through Kulbhata.

One of the passengers on the bus was a twelve-year-old girl named Shona (played by Swini Khara of Cheeni Kum) who was traveling alone to spend her vacation at her grandmother's house in the neighboring village.

Shona was clever, witty and cheerful. She soon became the life of the journey. Everyone loved her endearing manners. Especially the reclusive and reticent Sameer, who was traveling with a bag loaded with gun powder to blast a small hillock which would give way to a water canal for his drought hit village.

Badly disfigured and thirsty for blood, Kaalo could smell the girl from miles away' and headed straight for the bus'

She would kill everyone who came in her way' She had to have the girl anyhow'

When the passengers realized they were staring into death everything changed' From being the life of the journey, Shona became their very reason for dying..

Everyone wanted her out of the bus' Some even used her as a bait to lure Kaalo away from themselves' Human relations changed as people fought for their survival'

One man stood upto Shona'

For Sameer it didn't matter if Kaalo was a creature or a witch'

All he knew was that he has to protect Shona'. And time was running out!
Edited by visrom - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Drilabh_Suhaani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ya even i heard of this... it ws supposed to hv been released end of last yr or so... dunno wat happend! aditya in new avataar...

really i dunno y but i love his acting the most... i luv daya and shivaji but smhw aditya is so... dunno wat to say!
visrom thumbnail

Originally posted by: drilabh

ya even i heard of this... it ws supposed to hv been released end of last yr or so... dunno wat happend! aditya in new avataar...

really i dunno y but i love his acting the most... i luv daya and shivaji but smhw aditya is so... dunno wat to say!

I know what you mean....😊
He's so versatile...when he acts in another role, Abhijeet just vanishes. That's what I appreciate in him. Edited by visrom - 14 years ago
teju_g thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
All the best for your movie .Edited by tgodse - 14 years ago
teju_g thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
whose and what kind of role is aditya playing
visrom thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgodse

whose and what kind of role is aditya playing

He is playing the role of Sameer, as far as I understand from that story and the trailer.

Originally posted by: visrom

He is playing the role of Sameer, as far as I understand from that story and the trailer.

full info here- http://www.kaalo.in/

a warning- if u r at office or somewhere other than home, dont wacth it. at home put ure speakers on loud volume....

debayon thumbnail
Yeah, it was supposed to release last year. But it'll be nice to see him being the hero of the movie, protecting the girl from the evil witch
hin_sa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have been waiting for the movie's release. Has it released yet or not? Can't wait to see Aditya srivastav as a hero.

Originally posted by: abhijeetdaya

I have been waiting for the movie's release. Has it released yet or not? Can't wait to see Aditya srivastav as a hero.

Supposedly november 2010! 1 year postponement!