Pati Patni aur Woh

Talking Point: I am mad about Debina - Gurmeet

rianicia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Gurmeet Chaudhary who shot to fame as Ram was last seen juggling roles of a boyfriend-father-and-a-son in the reality show, Pati Patni Aur Woh. He is back as a mystery man in Star One's Geet. He will be playing protagonist Geet 's saviour and will be her knight in shining armour.

In a chat with TellyChakkar, Gurmeet talks about his new show, the love of his life, his marriage plans and his plans of moving to the big screen.

Tell us something about the show and the role you play.

Geet is about a bubbly and lively girl Geet who gets married to an NRI only to be abandoned later. She then stands to fight for herself and goes against her family because she believes that whatever she is doing is right. I play Mann, who is very mysterious and a loner. He is hardly bothered about anything else and prefers to keep everything to himself. He is always present around Geet in her hour of need. I would not like to talk much about my character because I am the mystery man in the show and hence I am nowhere to be seen in the promos of the show too.

Viewers have seen you as Ram and then as a die-hard romantic in Pati Patni aur Woh. Do you think your 'mysterious' character will go down well with your fans?

Yes, I think viewers will in fact enjoy this one. They have seen my romantic side and now with this show I will be able to offer them something different. I am sure they will love me in this one.

Do you think mythology shows are easier than the regular soaps?

No, they are more difficult. There are so many other shows based on Ramayan and when our Ramayan was launched, the channel and the actors were not sure it will work. But luckily it was well-received and people still remember me as Ram. On the other hand, in normal daily shows you get to play so many different characters. You can experiment with your looks and your image.

When are you planning to marry Debina Bonerjee as you have already proposed her marriage on national television?

We were to marry in January, but things did not work out. Marriage is definitely on the cards and I think we will be man and wife by December this year. I am completely mad about her and don't do anything without asking her. She is my teacher and I am her student. I do whatever ever she tells me and I just wish to see her as my wife soon. Even our friends and fans have been badgering us with this question.

What are your future plans?

I just hope this is my last assignment on the small screen because I have a lot of things on my mind and I want to implement them as soon as I can. I would also like to show my dancing skills to my fans and very few know that I am a great dancer. I would like to pick up dance reality shows that come my way.Edited by rianicia - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rianicia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Is Geet on Star One your first television soap?
Yes, I'm extremely choosy about my work. After doing Ramayana and then Pati, Patni aur Woh, I wanted to do something that I had not done before.

So what set this show apart?
My character was so strong that I just couldn't refuse. I play Arjun, who is always serious and doesn't talk much; he often reminds me of Amitabh Bachchan's character in the film Mili. The ironic part is that Geet is an intense love story, even though Arjun shows his disinterest for women right from the beginning. The serial is based in Punjab and the spirit of that beautiful state comes out really well during the show.

Do people still refer to you as Ram?
I was lucky that audiences loved me as Ram. During that time people did start calling me Ram but it was also great chance that I got to play myself in Pati, Patni aur Woh soon after Ramayana. My fans immediately saw the real me and realised that I am a good actor. It helped avoid being stereotyped with mythological shows. But people still do come up and talk to me very freely; they all feel that since I played Ram, I must be a very nice and simple person.

Like most television actors, do you want to enter Bollywood as well?
I did do one film, The Cycle Kid, but that didn't get a theatrical release. Slowly and steadily I'm preparing myself for Bollywood and I can't wait till I get an opportunity.

You blog regularly. Has this increased your fan base?
I enjoy writing about what I and my fianc Debina Bonnerjee are up to in my blog. It allows our current fans to be in touch with us and tell us what they like, don't like and expect from us. They flatter us as well as keep us grounded.

After your grand proposal on national television, when are you finally getting married?
This year, for sure.
-Vrinda- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
i too love guru and debi
Jay-Dee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Guru and Debi are, from what we can see, truly beautiful people, specially on the inside... an amazing role models
-Premeena- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

wooww... thanx... wud luv to see him in big screen more than sure that hell rock..!!